Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De, Please Buff Furious Javelin

Fierach

Melee damage increase for a skill that should clean the area around you is a kinda questionable idea anyway in my opinion.

^

That's never been the final intent. Scott (Grineeer) has been very consistent on this topic, saying the dev direction is damage in the early game, fading to utility in the late game.

What you're looking at on that mod is a melee damage increase for using a skill that stuns everything around you, on the same frame which also has a PBAoE that blinds(stealth damage on next hit) and stuns everything around you. I'm inclined to agree with the OP that the number is too low, but it's not absurdly low considering the context.

^

That's never been the final intent. Scott (Grineeer) has been very consistent on this topic, saying the dev direction is damage in the early game, fading to utility in the late game.

What you're looking at on that mod is a melee damage increase for using a skill that stuns everything around you, on the same frame which also has a PBAoE that blinds(stealth damage on next hit) and stuns everything around you. I'm inclined to agree with the OP that the number is too low, but it's not absurdly low considering the context.

I actually would never go and use melee in lategame, one knockdown and thats it for you. Buffing excalibur with syndicate mod buffs can make you cause 20k damage, way more useful than running around hacking and slashing, spammable, and simply extremely dangerous.

Never seen anyone who actually uses melee in a way that could be tactically useful, except people that stun enemies with kestrel, which also stuns without any damage.

Having a damage increase on radial blind would make more sense imo, as its already a skill that heavily supports melee playing.

^

They nerf the stealth dmg on radial blind

They nerf the stealth dmg on radial blind

No they didn't. Stealth damage modifiers haven't been touched.

The "nerf" was that you can't get a stealth hit on an enemy you just hit, because logically they know where you are now, roughly.

Blind still does exactly what it was made for. Enemies can't see you, only hear you.

i have been asked for buff since it was released. and nope nothing changed.

even the percentage is increased to say 20%, it's still not going to be that useful, since radial javelin is slow to cast. these days enemies are not the ones back to U10. they are much more deadly and smarter. after radial blind nerf excalibur is too afraid to go melee.

Edited by Eric1738