Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Bad Are Other Mmo Comunities?

Kraosdada

There was Metin2, quite popular here in Turkey unlike most countries.

I have seen the worst there, little kids trying to steal your account, no one talked to each other, no one helps each other.

This is not a great country anyways heh?

Most people complain about league of legends, i dont think like them, i mean the game is so popular, there are many rotten eggs as well as great playes.

I gota say warframe has great community, one of the best i have ever seen.

IF

You dont count the trading channel,ofc  :D

I think the worst community ive ever seen for a game would have to be knight online. Nobody talks in that game AT ALL.

Ive only really been apart of this community, and the beta community for Defiance. They were pretty chill but I didnt last long there because of how poor quality the game is. 

Dipped my feet in the DCUO community on console for a bit, wasnt too bad.

I think the worst community ive ever seen for a game would have to be knight online. Nobody talks in that game AT ALL.

Ive only really been apart of this community, and the beta community for Defiance. They were pretty chill but I didnt last long there because of how poor quality the game is. 

Dipped my feet in the DCUO community on console for a bit, wasnt too bad.

I believe Korean games somehow affect people's personalities.

Knight is a Korean game too, if i recall correctly.

I dont remember a single korean game i have good memories of, and they have this item improvement thing, you basically gamble to improve your items, if you fail your item gets destroyed.

Grrr most games had that moronic feature.

I believe Korean games somehow affect people's personalities.

Knight is a Korean game too, if i recall correctly.

I dont remember a single korean game i have good memories of, and they have this item improvement thing, you basically gamble to improve your items, if you fail your item gets destroyed.

Grrr most games had that moronic feature.

Well im not sure where PWI and Cabal come from, but I believe they both have similar systems like that, but have decent communities as far as I remember.

How "bad" a community is comes down to the nature of the title and what kind of people it is going to attract. PvP and competitive titles tend to have more volatile and rough communities and it can be somewhat overwhelming to a newcomer to such environment. It is to be expected however since the competitive nature of those people is far less tolerant towards F*** ups, especially if you are a new player.

There is this word "toxicity" thrown around and I don't think it means what a lot of people assume it means - and even then, can a grown up person really be affected what a random person on the internet says? I do find that very infantile, but at the same time I'm fairly biased in that regard since I started playing DotA back in the days, when it was still a WC3 map, way before the "MOBA" gener blew up and became popular, so I guess I was "trained" when the scale was smaller(?)

That being said, Warframe has it easy in this regard - a PvE title with a content that has a pretty big accessability rate. If there is a PvP and competitive community, it is revolving around specific clans and game modes so their mood (if it is present) is contained in those circles. Outside of the few elitist pricks here and there, there is no reason to be bad towards people, and in case you question the competence of other people when it comes to end-game content/endless runs, you just do them with friends and/or clanmates.

i can understand that much of the volatility comes from a bad mood, but if a game you are playing puts you in a bad mood, then why you play it?

I guess the case is that players enjoy the game, but not the community.

It has been a very common approach I have seen during my time with MMOs.

And for bad communities, try games from Nexon...