Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm Nerf?

RugerMK1

What happened to the fire rate? And the spread is no longer a hilarious wall of plasma bolt death.  It feels entirely clunky now compared to the previous.  This was my favorite among the new crop of weapons and now it seems to have had the fun in it excised. A weapon with a fun mechanic and enjoyable punch-through now just thoroughly ho-hum boring. :(

the reduced fire rate. cuts back on the lag a bit. and makes it more friendly from blasting it. the damage buff is pretty dang sweet. and in all honesty this gun is TOO powerfull. let me lay it down for you how powerfull it is. my build with 4 forma. has about 1000 damage per shot. now with multishot that's about 20-22 shots once it winds up. another way to look at it. I kill t4 vor AND phorid. in exactly 2 seconds with this gun as it currently is.

Edited by Renocraft

I knew from the start Kohm had potential. Unlike my friends who sold it the moment it was rank 30, i kept mine but I had doubts on forma-ing it until recently in a defense mission where I was with a Nyx in my squad.

My build, the Kohm has 275 ammo per mag. Just by pumping a full mag into Nyx absorb, I managed to bring up the absorb damage to 300k.

To be honest I think the way Kohm was built is perfectly ok. Considering how much ammo it uses and the spread it has. It doesn't last long even with a maxed Ammo Mutation.

The end result of the RoF decrease and shot damage increase is actually about a 15% increase in total dps at full spool. What I have noticed, at least before I put a frail momentum mod on it, was that the time between the first shot and the second shot has increased significantly. It changed from about .1 second to around .4 seconds between first and second shots. After that it starts spooling and the shots come flying. Personally I have mixed feelings on this as it definitely allows for more ammo control (prior to the change it was incredibly difficult to fire just one shot using a controller), but I have run into many situations where I miss targets because the delay between shots allows the enemy to duck behind something or because I'm trying to lead the target and they stop. I don't think it should be changed so much as I need to get used to the delay and compensate for it.

This is probably my favorite weapon in the game. I've always like shotguns but in Warframe they always felt weak. Between slow rate of fire, damage fall off and just the amount of enemies you are up against it was always difficult to justify bringing a shotgun to many of the missions. Infested had too many enemies and I was constantly out of ammo; grinder and corpus were always out of optimal range and shooting at me while I tried to close the distance to avoid wasting shots. Kohm solves all those problems and is just fun to use. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "who is throwing those green balls! They're completely filling my screen!".

Well Shotgun Spazz has become mandatory since the spool up is terribly slow now especially between the first 3 shots, with Shotgun Spazz and as soon as you learn to fire in shorts bursts while keeping it spooled up, well, hands down best pellet slinger and CC gun in the entire game. Still has ammo troubles though and might therefor not be end game viable (long survivals, defenses, etc even with ammo restore) but for everything in between it is awesome and well worth putting forma on.  

Edited by Hatzeputt

I have to agree with the OP, it feels like a nerf in disguise of an attempt to deal with the ammo consumption rate.

I have dropped Tainted Shell because the wind up is so painfully slow that I can't afford that fire rate penalty. 60% fire rate bonus was perfect for me, now I have to go with the full 90% from Shotgun Spaz.

Edited by Ceryk