Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore + Game = Lots Of Fun (Or So I Hope)

thebobinator2000

so ive been on the forums for awhile now and lots of "power creep" and things of that sort and its been bugging me. now this year is supposedly a big year for warframe with lore and stuff of that sort and so let me cut to my point. We want lore and honestly this game has the ability to provide ALOT OF LORE and so when lore comes in we must tie it in with the game for example we are tenno the most powerful race alive, we beat the sentients who where destroying the orokin (the previously most powerful race alive) and so the orokin made us and we beat the sentients. now to deal with power creep its simple we are tenno we beat the sentients, an evolving, adapting, unbeatable foe, but we beat them and so let me put this into very simple terms. we,the tenno, are like humans and the grineer, corpus, and infested are like insects, then the orokin are a little harder kinda like savage animals, now the sentients are kinda like us but better technology wise not so much fighting wise because we beat them obviously. i have more to say but im gonna cut it short so comment and ask for clarification on certain subjects and i will do my best to clarify on subjects. also i feel as though people focus on trying to turn this into something like an average shooter, when in reality this game is so much more i mean space-ninjas people this aint cod and it never will be because space friggin ninjas. (anyways im not in the best mental support right now im very tired so i will rest up and do my best to elaborate on questions in the coming days, weeks, months) thank you for reading this and sorry this is such a jumble i needed to get this out.

I don't think Lore will really make the game any more enjoyable. I mean sure, we have more info and claification on things but did learning about what Pinwheel did in Dark Souls affect the way we enjoy the game?
No, it didn't. 

Learning about who the Tenno really are wont change the way we play the game, it'll still be the repetitive, grindy, farming game that we all love/hate.

I don't think Lore will really make the game any more enjoyable. I mean sure, we have more info and claification on things but did learning about what Pinwheel did in Dark Souls affect the way we enjoy the game?

No, it didn't. 

Learning about who the Tenno really are wont change the way we play the game, it'll still be the repetitive, grindy, farming game that we all love/hate.

Actually, I'd say that the richness of the Dark Souls setting contributed greatly to my enjoyment of the game.

Also, of the events done so far, I found Gradivus to be the most enjoyable precisely because of the lore.

So basically you're saying we should just go full on power fantasy Dynasty Warriors and let us mow through enemies like crazy?

Yeah, no thank you. That's not what I want from this game, and I think many people share my opinion.

I don't. Basically, I want to replicate the warframe trailers like the U7 release trailer or the Call/PS4 trailer. Trailers where Tenno basically run roughshod over enemies. I was drawn in by those trailers and that's what I like to see. Tenno are portrayed there as basically warrior-gods, and nerfing Tenno such that they're basically any other generic milsf super soldier with added wallrun would be terrible. If you want that kind of gameplay, there's plenty of other games to cater to your needs. Like Halo.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

They have over a decade worth of back story and lore rumbling around in DE_Steve's head.

It's just making it's way into the game at the slowest of trickles.

Funnily enough, Mass Effect's (the franchise this game likens it's style to so closely) was an excellent blend of story, action, and consequence.

All those pieces running in tandem creates immersion.

Immersion makes money.

So basically you're saying we should just go full on power fantasy Dynasty Warriors and let us mow through enemies like crazy?

Yeah, no thank you. That's not what I want from this game, and I think many people share my opinion.

Truth told, that is exactly what you are doing now in Warframe.

screw it im gonna say what i want to say. the trailers drew me in, i read all the little scraps of lore that i could when i first joined about a year ago and it drew me in even more and the lore was just amazing i loved the idea of being a super powerful warrior to bring balance to the solar system and this game just immerses me so much especially since the recent updates with liset and ever since i got involved in a clan and alliance i have been even more immersed and i am loving every detail and part of it and so yes in a way i want to be a full on power fantasy dynasty warrior because who wouldnt want to be a full on power fantasy dynasty warrior, your crazy if you dont want to be a full on power fantasy dynasty warrior. so if the lore would tie into the game even further then the immersion and the game would be so much fun and i was helping a newcomer yesterday and they said they wanted to tag along to the void so who was i to deny him an awesome experience so me him and 2 others went to a t1 defense and he loved it he loved seeing us tearing through the enemy and he enjoyed slashing through everyone with his skana and now he wants to be like me and some others and he is striving to be a full on power dynasty warrior. honestly i dont want this game to be like everyother boring shooter out this because this is far from the other ones and so if people start comparing this to others and bring up power creep then DE fixes things like that then it might lose its originality. so that is part of my honest opinion of what everyone says they want warframe to be like "remove serration" and "nerf these weapons and frames" its simple dont use serration and take off some mods on those frames and replace them it seriously is that simple, like everyone is all about elemental combos but you know what i only use cold and heat which makes blast because blowing up all your enemies is fragging great and i love it because while i was in the void my little newcomer buddy was shooting an ancient then i shot him once and sent that ancient flying because of the blast damage and it was hilarious and i know how to have fun in game and try to have the right builds because why would you want a right build like who wants magnetic damage when you can have blast and blow things sky high, because i love blowing things up so they go flying upwards or clear across the room because its downright hilarious. you go bam bam bam BOOM and they go flying.

Truth told, that is exactly what you are doing now in Warframe.

Game's not perfect. You're a founder, you probably know that as well as anyone.

I don't. Basically, I want to replicate the warframe trailers like the U7 release trailer or the Call/PS4 trailer. Trailers where Tenno basically run roughshod over enemies. I was drawn in by those trailers and that's what I like to see. Tenno are portrayed there as basically warrior-gods, and nerfing Tenno such that they're basically any other generic milsf super soldier with added wallrun would be terrible. If you want that kind of gameplay, there's plenty of other games to cater to your needs. Like Halo.

The tenno aren't warrior gods murderizing everything with a touch though. It's a desperate struggle against the Grineer and the Corpus, and what makes the tenno better is that they're smarter and faster, not just tougher and killing-er.

who wouldnt want to be a full on power fantasy dynasty warrior, your crazy if you dont want to be a full on power fantasy dynasty warrior.

Lots of people don't enjoy power fantasy games.

Simple question regarding the whole obsession with power fantasy;  Why is it that Dynasty Warriors and its subsequent side-grade spinoff games aren't really that popular overall?  Heck their major combination game's most recent iteration, Warriors Orochi 3 was speculated to have so low of sales that they never bothered doing any vocalized localizations at all.  Every version to my knowledge of that game only has Japanese dub, having subtitles for a player's given region.

Power fantasies are a fine thing indeed, but even in thoses there must be notable limiters which are what provide active and interesting gameplay.

Lastly to touch on another note;  I've never personally been on the bandwaggon of having heavier focus on storylines within games.  Long cutscenes, and all that dramatic junk, meh, it just hasn't ever done it for me personally.  It's even worse off when most all cutscenes in games just show off action footage of things that you legitimately cannot preform in-game.

You could drop me into a box with no textures and different colors and sizes of stick figures and no story or dialogue of any kind.  So long as the gameplay presented has meaningful choices and is swift in pace I'll be more than happy enough.  Having additional Lore to add icing atop that cake, along with good art design is all just more good.  But at its core, to me, a game must have good gameplay first and foremost.  Without that a game cannot be good at being a game.

We aren't talking about perfection... Just lore and the amount of it we are getting versus the amount we could be getting.

They have alot more than they have given us to date.

Warframe has the ability to be what many people who played ME or the ME Multiplayer wanted. A persistent world with a compelling story rich in lore and backstory.

It's funny that you bring up my Founder's status because that's one of the larger reasons why I put money into the game.

I saw that the game, given backing, could become way larger than it is currently. Bigger even than WoW, if they played their cards right.

That's how much I believe in this game...

It's not because I am rolling in disposable income... I've got four kids ranging from one in college to one still in diapers.

Edited by Padre_Akais

The tenno aren't warrior gods murderizing everything with a touch though. It's a desperate struggle against the Grineer and the Corpus, and what makes the tenno better is that they're smarter and faster, not just tougher and killing-er.

Lots of people don't enjoy power fantasy games.

It's not really a desperate struggle. It's just that the Corpus and Grineer can recoup their forces fast enough to keep on trucking regardless of what the infinitely superior Tenno do. Every major conflict we've had so far ended far in our favour.

And lots of people do. This game doesn't have to cater to everyone.