Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Perfect Bow

Gahrzerkire

It would mostly be a CC effect

it would do little to no damage, and wouldnt scale with split chamber. The AOE would simply stun enemies and let you pick em off. 

That's exactly the thing though. A primary weapon that does nothing but stun (and stuns in this game mean nothing if you have to switch weapon to finish) just wouldn't work imo.

Off topic a bit but...

First Please Watch This: 

Now if you skipped the video, please go back and watch it.

This is a bow I would like to see in the game. The clip is the arrows in the hand, and the bow charges faster than the normal bows, trade off is a lower damage or crit chance. Now the issue I have with bows is that bows fire to slowly for me, but do massive amounts of damage to single targets. I would like to see a normal bow with a fast fire rate.

Now Back on topic:

I think that your idea is an interesting one, and would make it less punishing if you miss, but something about the AOE does not sit right with me, I don't know why. I wouldn't mind seeing this in game though.

Edited by TheOniStixx

This is a bow I would like to see in the game. The clip is the arrows in the hand, and the bow charges faster than the normal bows, trade off is a lower damage or crit chance. Now the issue I have with bows is that bows fire to slowly for me, but do massive amounts of damage to single targets. I would like to see a normal bow with a fast fire rate.

So you want something that is to a normal bow what the Latron is to a sniper rifle?

That's exactly the thing though. A primary weapon that does nothing but stun (and stuns in this game mean nothing if you have to switch weapon to finish) just wouldn't work imo.

My god. did you read the OP? Its very clear a direct hit will deal damage, an indirect or AOE hit will stun. So you can freeze the enemies around you while you are fighting. I.E you shoot a grineer gunner from above and miss and it hits the ground, the AOE then stuns the gunner and surroudning enemies in the AOE radius for long enough to get a few more shots off. hopefully now that they arent moving kill them.

The main thing though is you can charge the bow with your warframes energy and the arrows are made of energy with an electrical base, making the bow more effecient and formidable as a whole, while adding stun utility for higher accuracy.

• 3 weeks later...