Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Perfect Bow

Gahrzerkire

Idea / Proposition:

We need an energy bow. It fires arrows made of energy. When they hit a surface they conduct the energy into the surrounding ground. 

The AOE needs to only stun. Not deal damage, and if it does deal minor damage.

Edit / More info:

Works with channeling.

The idea is that its base damage is electricity, and like all bows you can charge your shot, and if you hold the charge shot down for longer then the base charge time you give your bow energy from your warframe's energy pool. So you can basically doubly charge your bow.

My thoughts for the mechanics would be you have to wait the normal charge time, + half the normal charge time to doubly charge the bow. And when you do the second charge the visual display would essentially be that wheel going around again but its your warframes energy color. And then when the arrow hits it deals 2x the base damage on top of the 2x you get for a charged shot normally.

AOE clarification:

The bow would not deal a S#&$ton of AOE. It would deal around 25 electrical AOE damage at base (Radius of 2-7m), that cannot crit, and does not scale with crit. with a 100% electircal proc chance for stun.

Also if you punch through a target and it hits the ground then it doesnt deal the AOE.

Stat ideas:

The base damage would be 75 electrical damage, and then with 1 charge 150, with two 300. Essentially giving it more damage then any other bow. It would also be crit damage based with a crit chance equal to the dread.

And becuase its energy based, you dont need to pull out another arrow, almost instant reload. The question is will you wdouble charge? Do you have enough time?

Edit Two:

So there is controversy on the punch through. Personally I dont see it as a problem as long as when it punches through the AOE is turned off.

However if it has no innate punch through, and leaving it to AOE every single shot with mabye 1/4th its base damage (Depending on charge or double charge) that could be awesome and perfectly fine, especially if when you put punch through on it it functions like every other bow. (I,E shred)

Edited by Olivionic_Gearhart

The bow shoots projectiles made out of energy...

So do the arrows deal physical damage like impact, puncture, and slash or is this going to deal electric damage?

OR is this going to act like channeling?

I think he means your last line. 

You said "why not" as opposed to "I don't see why not."

On topic: YES I WANT THIS.

The bow shoots projectiles made out of energy...

So do the arrows deal physical damage like impact, puncture, and slash or is this going to deal electric damage?

OR is this going to act like channeling?

Works with channeling.

The idea is that its base damage is electricity, and like all bows you can charge your shot, and if you hold the charge shot down for longer then the base required time you give your bow energy from your warframe's energy pool. So you can basically doubly charge your bow.

My thoughts for the mechanics would be you have to wait the normal charge time, + half the normal charge time to doubly charge the bow. And when you do the second charge the visual display would essentially be that wheel going around again but its your warframes energy color. And then when the arrow hits it deals 2x the base damage on top of the 2x you get for a charged shot normally. 

Stat ideas:

The base damage would be 75 electrical damage, and then with 1 charge 150, with two 300. Essentially giving it more damage then any other bow. It would also be crit damage based with a crit chance equal to the dread.

And becuase its energy based, you dont need to pull out another arrow, almost instant reload. The question is will you wdouble charge? Do you have enough time?

Edited by Olivionic_Gearhart

So long as we don't go too far out of the line with this. A bow that fires bolts of energy sounds nice. Not sure if it should pierce or AoE or both though.

^^^ This yeah. I am not sure it should have punch through either. I think if it has that AOE every shot it doesnt need the punch through and we can just build that in ourselves with shred. However it is a main quality of bows as a whole. Mabye it could only punch through if doubly charged?

• 2 weeks later...

Better yet make another mod specifically for it. Sounds cool but having a bow do it by default idk how I feel about it.

It would mostly be a CC effect

it would do little to no damage, and wouldnt scale with split chamber. The AOE would simply stun enemies and let you pick em off.