The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is My Account Suspended?

james2233

It is an established fact that running certain programs, like Cheat Engine, while Warframe is running will trigger the Anti-cheat to administer a Ban.

If you feel like you've been wrongfully banned I guess you could submit a ticket, they have the information regarding what made the Anti-cheat react. If it turns out to be a false positive I'm sure your account will be returned to you.

1) you have fishy software on your computer.

2) the game thought you had fishy software on your computer.

i use skype cant you see my profile of the game and see im legit? how could i cheat on warframe

It is an established fact that running certain programs, like Cheat Engine, while Warframe is running will trigger the Anti-cheat to administer a Ban.

If you feel like you've been wrongfully banned I guess you could submit a ticket, they have the information regarding what made the Anti-cheat react. If it turns out to be a false positive I'm sure your account will be returned to you.

how could i make a support ticket?

There are a number of similar posts across different sub-forums covering this.

In summary Warframe has detected that a particular process is running when it starts up, In a bid to protect itself the game is banning for this activity. I have no idea whether the ban is just/unjust as it is not down to anyone but the Warframe support team.

Place a ticket and await their response. It shouldn't take too long. They will investigate your case and let you know.

Again, it is down to support, arguing your case on the forums is not going to help you.

i have made a ticket

Now its just a matter of waiting. Not saying you cheated on Warframe, but do you have Cheat Engine, or did you had any "trainers" running? You know, those programs that you download for offline games that let you press Numpad+1, 2, 3, 4 to do stuff.

Now its just a matter of waiting. Not saying you cheated on Warframe, but do you have Cheat Engine, or did you had any "trainers" running? You know, those programs that you download for offline games that let you press Numpad+1, 2, 3, 4 to do stuff.

i dont have "cheat engine" on my pc and no i dont use trainers i only play warframe could the support team not see my in-game stuff is legit? im not happy that i got banned for no reason

Edited by james2233

The problem with the current anticheat is that it has a blacklist of programs whose process names will cause an instaban, even before it does the other checks to make sure that you're not cheating. (Unless that was changed since I tested it, or there was some kind of related error that caused it when I tested it.) Even if you didn't have Cheat Engine, having a process named cheatengine.exe will get you banned. It's entirely possible one of your running programs shared a process name with a program that was on the blacklist. Would be good to know if there was an innocent program that triggered an autoban, so if you have an idea of what program it might have been, do give the rest of us a heads up, haha.

Although... I'm not sure if that kind of thing should be considered sensitive information? I'm only concerned if it's an innocent program that causes it.

In the meantime, if you didn't cheat, then I do hope your account gets unbanned soon!

The problem with the current anticheat is that it has a blacklist of programs whose process names will cause an instaban, even before it does the other checks to make sure that you're not cheating. (Unless that was changed since I tested it, or there was some kind of related error that caused it when I tested it.) Even if you didn't have Cheat Engine, having a process named cheatengine.exe will get you banned. It's entirely possible one of your running programs shared a process name with a program that was on the blacklist. Would be good to know if there was an innocent program that triggered an autoban, so if you have an idea of what program it might have been, do give the rest of us a heads up, haha.

Although... I'm not sure if that kind of thing should be considered sensitive information? I'm only concerned if it's an innocent program that causes it.

In the meantime, if you didn't cheat, then I do hope your account gets unbanned soon!

well they would see my profile is not cheated i enjoy playing warframe played 124 hours in steam and now im banned and its not right that im being punished for nothing i will spread the word how warframe support is banning people for no reason and proof since i got clips i was gunna put on youtube and i was also going to buy colours and helms but not gunna pay for them now and if you want to see the vids of me playing i will upload

ok i had a forum caled geting unbanned but someone locked it so i couldnt send any more mesages anyways i got unbanned and if i do it again i will be baned permenantly so i wont do it again and you see it is posible to be unbaned for this let this be a warninga to all the cheaters out there you might get baned permanently so dont cheat play fair do not cheat ever play fair you might lose your acount forever 

Edited by bioniccomando

well they would see my profile is not cheated i enjoy playing warframe played 124 hours in steam and now im banned and its not right that im being punished for nothing i will spread the word how warframe support is banning people for no reason and proof since i got clips i was gunna put on youtube and i was also going to buy colours and helms but not gunna pay for them now and if you want to see the vids of me playing i will upload

xfire maybe could have something to do with it. I do know that xfire interfaces with games you are running, so that might be it. Support will probably ask you to send over a few log files and a dxdiag.txt to them, then they'll check it and if it was an unfair ban they'll set you up straight, no problems. It's not "support" that is dishing out bans, but the game itself. So there's a log file saying when, how and why you got banned, and they'll take a look at that file.

Unfortunatly i do not know what that file is ^^

Just hang in there James. It is very possible this is just the result of a false positive. If it is then I'm sure it'll be straightened out. 

I hate to tell you to just wait like this, but that is honestly the best course of action now that you've filled out the ticket.

ok i had a forum caled geting unbanned but someone locked it so i couldnt send any more mesages anyways i got unbanned and if i do it again i will be baned permenantly so i wont do it again and you see it is posible to be unbaned for this let this be a warninga to all the cheaters out there you might get baned permanently so dont cheat play fair do not cheat ever play fair you might lose your acount forever 

so im getting unbanned?

No need for videos, I always give people the benefit of the doubt. :)

I do feel the ban system is a little bit too harsh, but the game is in beta - they're working out the kinks. Give them some time and offer them feedback if  you think something isn't working the way it should.