The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Changes [Post 15.11.0 Megathread]

MrNonApplicable

I think the old the Overheat effect would be a good addition to World on Fire. Then it would have a cost reflective of it's power.  And would support WoF's direction as a strong situational ability rather than a weaker on all the time ability. The Overheat effect's short range damage aura could be a nice bit of persistent damage coverage in addition to WoF's current scattered blasts. THis way they can reintroduce Overheat's visual effects to Ember as well. Which is something I miss more than then the mitigation itself.

Ok IF the old overheat's effect was included PARTIALLY in wof that would definitely make it's cost more than worthwhile. In addition it would provide a unique aspect to an ultimate that has not been implemented yet +1

Nah people :D she is a glass cannnon ,with a melee range. Seriously wtf?! Glass cannons should be ranged not melee lol. The solution to this, is to change the back to normal as it was, make it so it drops energy orbs, and make second skill have a buff pf a old second skill(rudeced incoming damage by 70%) And bassically the problem will be solved with her) Maybe add a little damage to her ult because really of we look at nova which ine shots everything before is even starts to shoot, and Ember.. I start to laugh when i compare this both :D

Ok IF the old overheat's effect was included PARTIALLY in wof that would definitely make it's cost more than worthwhile. In addition it would provide a unique aspect to an ultimate that has not been implemented yet +1

Its better to jsut add the overheat buff to the second skill which increases fire damage. Trust me no complaints after this will be written :P

Edited by xXHunterzzzXx

Being affected by duration is a good thing; it just needs to be a plus instead of a must.

They need to either make it a real toggle or increase the base duration to something more reasonable if they wont

As a real toggle itd remove the heavy mod conflict ember has

With a longer duration itd soften it a bit

The new proc rate for Accelerant makes things almost too easy.  Damage has gone way up and most enemies are helpless to retaliate due to the burning.  Are the crazy people satisfied now?  Easy enough?  Or does Ember need a true radial nuke and godmode to be "viable" for you?

It never ends

Im believing that ember can outank Valkyr with all the damage mitigation she has now from CCs

• Ember is now able to gain energy from Team Energy Restore items while her World on Fire Ability is toggled on. Please note Energy Orbs should be working as well. Our tests confirm Energy Orb pickups give the expected energy to Ember while World-on-Fire is active, if you encounter an issue where this isn’t the case please outline the repro specifics in the appropriate bug sub-forum.
  • Ember’s World on Fire will immediately hit up to five targets on initial cast.
  • Ember’s World on Fire will now drain energy after casting has been completed, and not during cast. Energy drain will deactivate the moment the Ability has been toggled off, regardless of animation state.
  • Ember’s World on Fire will now prioritize targets on activation. Higher priority will be given to targets that pose the most immediate threat to Ember, such as not under any Crowd Control or within close range.
  • Ember’s World on Fire will now have an increased chance to proc fire damage on enemies (chance increased by strength mods).

That's a nice amount of cream they just put on the plateful of poop that's referred to as World on Fire. For just once DE, listen to the community. We've been pleading for a NO DURATION TOGGLE on WoF for over a year. Just do it. Oh and fix that broken cast animation, it looks so silly.

Edited by Holynight6

DE really does not want Ember's WoF to have no duration. They're doing everything they can to tip-toe around it, hoping we'd be satisfied with an additional slight change that doesn't adress the problem. How I think it'll play out: they'll keep WoF this way for months, close their ears and hope everyone forgets.

The new proc rate for Accelerant makes things almost too easy.  Damage has gone way up and most enemies are helpless to retaliate due to the burning.  Are the crazy people satisfied now?  Easy enough?  Or does Ember need a true radial nuke and godmode to be "viable" for you?

I'd settle with 'not nerfed into a puddle', but I think most people want and deserve a 'solid, cohesive mass'.

It never ends.

Im believing that ember can outank Valkyr with all the damage mitigation she has now from CCs

And how do you propose something out-tanks LITERAL INVINCIBILITY? Also I think when you typed ember, you misspelled 'nyx'.

The problem is that WoF is supposed to be burst damage. Not sustained pillars of high damage. For that reason alone, I doubt they will take away duration. The toggle was most likely just there in case wanted to cancel an ult for whatever reason.

That's a nice amount of cream they just put on the plateful of poop that's referred to as World on Fire. For just once DE, listen to the community. We've been pleading for a NO DURATION TOGGLE on WoF for over a year. Just do it. Oh and fix that broken cast animation, it looks so silly.

Let's not "Please just once" on Devs what actually listen to their community, mmkay?  That is just rude. 

But yeah, World on Fire became worse with this buff. Remove duration, please.

...And add overheat to it, as 20~25 % damage resistance(affected by mods) and additional damage for  enemies in the  "In your face" range.

...Yeah, that is not going to happen, but a man can dream.

If every day they do a tiny hotfix to World on Fire. Eventually we might end up with a Ult that breaks Ember out of the 'really Meh frame' category. It would be nice to be able to take my ember to T4survivals without having my friends constantly go.

"Why are you taking that frame, go switch to your banshee or nova."

Oh well either way, Ill keep playing my beautiful chicken girl. I have faith DE will eventually play with a WoF devoid of caps and realize its not as OP as they keep assuming.

The problem is that WoF is supposed to be burst damage. Not sustained pillars of high damage. For that reason alone, I doubt they will take away duration. The toggle was most likely just there in case wanted to cancel an ult for whatever reason.

WoF was always intended as a supplemental DPS ability, either for clearing weak mobs or to assist in the takedowns of heavy units when things get serious.  If you want burst damage Fireball says Hi (Fire Blast is also a nice compromise of CC and damage for nearby heavies.)

Let's not "Please just once" on Devs what actually listen to their community, mmkay?  That is just rude. 

-Snip-

So after a year of asking for ember buffs, and asking for a toggle on WoF, they do literally just that. They add a toggle. It's like some childish prank and it's downright insulting. So I'm sorry, maybe they do listen. I should have asked them to actually think.

And how do you propose something out-tanks LITERAL INVINCIBILITY? Also I think when you typed ember, you misspelled 'nyx'.

Hysteria aside for obvious reasons

Nyx cant mitigate damage directly or directly stun enemies the way ember does

She has to stay distant and her damage output all around is far lower

I thought this was going to be just a straight up Buff. But apparently, Buffing her survival means a punishment for her World On Fire. Making it Toggleable is awesome, but also including duration is an absolute kick in the teeth.

you ignore casting speed buff

Hysteria aside for obvious reasons

Like that it counters your arguement. But go on.

Nyx cant mitigate damage directly or directly stun enemies the way ember does

She has to stay distant and her damage output all around is far lower

I'll give she does less damage, but generally redistributing all hostile damage in a 52m radius area to the nearest creature to the source forever can hardly be compared to a 2s stun. Edited by Holynight6

WoF was always intended as a supplemental DPS ability, either for clearing weak mobs or to assist in the takedowns of heavy units when things get serious.  If you want burst damage Fireball says Hi (Fire Blast is also a nice compromise of CC and damage for nearby heavies 

The way I see it, is that a toggled and cheap (cause we all know people will stack fleeting and streamline) WoF = endless WoF for an Ember going faster than Volt due to the speed boost and basically being a nova-kill steal.

I don't think that is what the devs want to see, hence the short duration we still have for Ember. 

I mean, no duration requirements = maxing out efficiency and strength, which means Embers everywhere spamming WoF and getting kills tilesets away if some tenno tosses on a stretch mod. 

This is just my thoughts on why DE wouldn't add a completely toggable ability to WoF, they don't want another Nova debacle. 

Regardless, I think a good fix would be to either extend the base duration or add Overheat to the ult, so that running through enemies is justified.

Or if the DE's still do not  want die hard tenno somehow getting endless WoF off, they could make WoF an area of affect only. To compensate for the lack of mobility, WoF would basically have to have insane damage output and some form of protection for Ember so she doesn't die when she casts it.

They need to either make it a real toggle or increase the base duration to something more reasonable if they wont

As a real toggle itd remove the heavy mod conflict ember has

With a longer duration itd soften it a bit

The voice of reason , listen to this dude .

The way I see it, is that a toggled and cheap (cause we all know people will stack fleeting and streamline) WoF = endless WoF for an Ember going faster than Volt due to the speed boost and basically being a nova-kill steal.

I don't think that is what the devs want to see, hence the short duration we still have for Ember. 

I mean, no duration requirements = maxing out efficiency and strength, which means Embers everywhere spamming WoF and getting kills tilesets away if some tenno tosses on a stretch mod. 

This is just my thoughts on why DE wouldn't add a completely toggable ability to WoF, they don't want another Nova debacle. 

Regardless, I think a good fix would be to either extend the base duration or add Overheat to the ult, so that running through enemies is justified.

Or if the DE's still do not  want die hard tenno somehow getting endless WoF off, they could make WoF an area of affect only. To compensate for the lack of mobility, WoF would basically have to have insane damage output and some form of protection for Ember so she doesn't die when she casts it.

My idea was that WoF's cost should be higher than the other toggles that we currently have on 4 abilities but that duration mods should add efficiency (at the cost of mod slots, which is trade-off enough IMO) so that those who want to maintain long WoFs can do so at a cost.  

My idea was that WoF's cost should be higher than the other toggles that we currently have on 4 abilities but that duration mods should add efficiency (at the cost of mod slots, which is trade-off enough IMO) so that those who want to maintain long WoFs can do so at a cost.  

This is a nice idea but if i get it well it would destroy builds with low WoF duration , also her mod conflict would stay the same (i guess DE want this .. )

Edited by Xtenz

This is a nice idea but if i get it well it would destroy builds with low WoF duration , also her mod conflict would stay the same (i guess DE want this .. )

It's not really a conflict since it's an option rather than a requirement.  With the most recent changes even a 3 second WoF is extremely effective so I don't think anyone could complain.