Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super Jump -> Dragoon Jump

Fierach

Make it akin to the signature ability of Dragoons/Dragon Knights from the Final Fantasy game series, Jump. Let it empower Excalibur's melee attacks for one attack, or for a few seconds. For those of you who ever watched Final Fantasy Advent Children, imagine the part where Yuffie's about to get her &#! blown up by Bahamut, and Cid sails in out of nowhere and jams his spear into Bahamut's nose and saves her.

Excalibur is a Knight, he's named after the legendary sword of King Arthur, his whole theme is Avalon, Pendragon, Chief of Dragoons. Augment mods are a bandaid and Furious Javelin is terrible (2 percent per enemy hit at max rank). Surging Dash was so universally panned that you gave his base Slash Dash the ability to add to the combo counter (which I think needs its duration extended slightly).

Give Excalibur some actual melee bonuses from his abilities. Let him be the sword that cleaves evil.

I really want excal's augment for super jump to be double jump, one extra jump while in the air at any point, that resets when your feet touch the ground again, wouldn't really give it any more utility then it already has but damn it would be fun.

For slash dash though, what it needs along with increasing the hit counter, is also being affected by the hit counter, one of those two things could be baked into the ability, and the other could be the augment, I'd be fine with either one being either really (if being affected by the hit counter was the baseline part of the ability, then it would need to at least keep the hit counter active, without increasing it).

I wish radial javelin would get another rework entirely, bringing it back closer to it's roots (actually radiating out of excal again) but with a small amount of punch through, and possibly some hit counter interaction (but obviously none of that "increases melee damage by 2%" shenanigans).

And last but not least, either slash dash, radial javelin, or both being affected by... dun dun dunnnnnn... radial blind/unalerted melee bonus. More frames need synergy between their own abilities.

I really want excal's augment for super jump to be double jump, one extra jump while in the air at any point, that resets when your feet touch the ground again, wouldn't really give it any more utility then it already has but damn it would be fun.

in order to express your deep hatred against the ceiling? 

Excal really needs some good melee powers.... super jump is pretty meh and radial blame being LOS makes it pretty impractical.

All he really has is slash dash, which like all first slot powers is only effective against extremely low level enemies... and radial javelin.

What would be nice is to see slash dash use excal's equipped melee weapon.  That will give it endgame viability as a damage power rather than just mobility.

Edited by Holeypaladin

What would be nice is to see slash dash use excal's equipped melee weapon.  That will give it endgame viability as a damage power rather than just mobility.

Back then when our damage an therefore enemy scaling wasn't so crazy it used to scale over your melee weapon damage.

Oh I miss that time when I couldn't oneshot everyone outside endless missions. There was no endless missions in the first place so DE had to balance things aroud regular missions and noone cried "Oh my gun will be useless on 1 hour survival".