Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxics

Sumnus

I was just in a group of four on a planet (one of the low level reccomendations, 4-11 i believe), and so we were all somewhat low-ish in terms of levels. And we all had troubles with Toxics. There was a mission that had a few points where there were multiple Toxics together, and we all died to it, myself and another once, and the other two a combined seven times.

Does anyone else find them difficult? Or was it just that we were low in terms of levels/mods?

Not really, once you learn to Stay the hek away from anything with a green cloud, you're good. However having low health doesn't help you survive if you do run into the poison. 

Frost mods do wonders to slow them down and running away when they run toward you or dodging their charge are some tips to help you survive.

Edited by FateZero

Toxics can be annoying, especially at the lower levels.

A friendly tip is to stay as far back as possible.  The toxic damage ignores both shields and armor, hurting the frames with the lowest HP the most.  If you stack up on some more vitality the toxics will become a lot less dangerous.

Basically just stay away from the green clouds that it creates.  And remember that when you kill one it creates a poison cloud in the location that it died so dont just kill one and run through where it was.

After multiple hours of knee shooting and arrows to the knee jokes against ancients in general.  I find it quite fun and refreshing to go run into an toxic ancient and hug him with ember uber + 2nd skill.

Edited by swagpanties

Thanks for the replies. My hunch was that they're not a huge deal once you're in the upper levels, I just wanted to make sure that was the case in terms of balance.

Also, remember that all ancients weakpoints are their hands, or their huge right knee.

Piece of cake! Just dont be stupid and never melee toxics if you not using rhino skill and after they down avoind toxic fog. Any mob become chalanging at wave like 35 +, before everything is easy. When update 7 was up ,all teams of noobs without mods did 20 -25  waves most of time in xini, i cant believe how noob are people now, leaving after wave 5 in most lower lvl maps :-O, scared pussies!

There's a lot of ways to deal with Toxic Ancients. When I enter an infested mission, I always bring my Rejuvenation artifacts. That usually makes toxics harmless.

Are those rare, by the way? I got one dropped from the very first alert I ever did so I have no idea exactly how lucky I might've been with that.

There's a lot of ways to deal with Toxic Ancients. When I enter an infested mission, I always bring my Rejuvenation artifacts. That usually makes toxics harmless.

Are those rare, by the way? I got one dropped from the very first alert I ever did so I have no idea exactly how lucky I might've been with that.

Someone ran some numbers on the ? alert rewards a while back and rejuvenation actually seems to be the most common. Obviously those values are a bit out of date, but I don't think I'd call Rejuvenation "rare". Useful, definitely.