Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exp Boost Not Working

Temporary

Hi guys,

(hope this is in the right place)

Just did a T1 defense run to wave 40 which would ordinarily level a weapon from 0-30 when using experience boosters but for some unknown reason it only gave me normal exp, as you can see below.

We both just purchased the new Prisma Gorgon and went straight into the mission to power level them.

My end result:
DpaFew5.jpg

Friends end result:
EC0gLga.jpg

I've used multiple frames on this run before and leveled weapons from 1-30 without even using them; I don't expect any compensation because I'll have leveled it to 30 by the time anything happens but I'm letting you know in case its an ongoing issue which I'll add extra screen shots for later if it is still happening.

Edited by Temporary

Can you show us affinity values you are getting from defeated enemies?

Unfortunately Devoid I can't as I didn't take any in mission screen shots.

How were you killing things?  Kills with your frame abilities are NOT divided to your weapons, this is the most common cause.

You did all the damage, and I'm assuming it's not with the Gorgon. His ranked up through shared XP, but since you killed everything, yours couldn't rank up that way.

I've passively leveled weapons without using them at all and only using abilities in this exact same mission with the exact same frame I'm using in the screen shot previously so unless they've stealth changed it within in the last 2 patches this isn't the case.

I did however use the weapon up until about wave 20 focusing on eximus' who give more exp for kills.

Edited by Temporary

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

1 - Kills with your frame abilities give no EXP to your weapons.  All of it goes into your frame.

2 - Kills with your weapons give half to the weapon that made the kill and half to your frame.  NONE to non-used weapons.

3 - Kills made by other players will split the shared EXP among your gear, though.  So in cases where your teammates killed more than you did, you'll see a better division of affinity among equipped gear.

The above has not changed in a long time.

(Also, rank 16 isn't half of the way to rank 30, it's about 1/4th to 1/3rd the affinity needed to hit 30.)

You didn't get as much affinity to that weapon because the majority of kills were the type producing affinity splits that weren't benefiting that weapon in that mission.

However your friend was getting the same total affinity you were from kills you made (while they were within range), but their copy of the affinity was getting divided among their gear.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

1 - Kills with your frame abilities give no EXP to your weapons.  All of it goes into your frame.

2 - Kills with your weapons give half to the weapon that made the kill and half to your frame.  NONE to non-used weapons.

3 - Kills made by other players will split the shared EXP among your gear, though.  So in cases where your teammates killed more than you did, you'll see a better division of affinity among equipped gear.

The above has not changed in a long time.

(Also, rank 16 isn't half of the way to rank 30, it's about 1/4th to 1/3rd the affinity needed to hit 30.)

You didn't get as much affinity to that weapon because the majority of kills were the type producing affinity splits that weren't benefiting that weapon in that mission.

However your friend was getting the same total affinity you were from kills you made (while they were within range), but their copy of the affinity was getting divided among their gear.

The following screenshot is from a solo run, no other people, ONLY frame powers used to kill. Earth capture mission. Ran to each of 2 targets, used javelin, ran to extract. The same happens when running alone in public mode, with non-maxed frames, etc. Experience is NOT all bonus experience, as you can see,

http://i.imgur.com/b4GNU43.jpg

The wiki has never been 100% accurate. It contains a lot of outdated and conflicting information.

The following screenshot is from a solo run, no other people, ONLY frame powers used to kill. Earth capture mission. Ran to each of 2 targets, used javelin, ran to extract. The same happens when running alone in public mode, with non-maxed frames, etc. Experience is NOT all bonus experience, as you can see,

http://i.imgur.com/b4GNU43.jpg

The wiki has never been 100% accurate. It contains a lot of outdated and conflicting information.

1 - What type of mission was it?  I tested various methods to kill enemies outside of weapons, Slash Dash as Excal didn't give any in-mission EXP to gear, kicking enemies to death didn't do it either (funnily enough kicking enemies to death counts as a kill counter for the "Killer" bonus but doesn't register on the mission info screen)...  Then I did pick up some affinity for my weapons halfway through the mission, despite only using Slash Dash and kicks to kill enemies.

It was affinity orbs from containers I was breaking for energy refills.

2 - The affinity split mechanic being misunderstood is something very common nowadays, especially people who are convinced to be the Excal/Mesa/Rhino/Whatever in a rep farm not understanding why they're feeding the others tons of weapon EXP but aren't getting nearly as much themselves.