Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfing Nova For The Sake Of Challenging Missions.

Archaic_

I think Nova is in a good place right now.

Giving MP a fixed speed effect would ruin our ability to play Negative/Speed Nova, which is a whole other level of challenge to the game if you take such a thing into harder missions. Don't ruin that.

If needed negative speed can be left more or less the same i think

The real issue is the slow rate cap being too high

Again separating attack speed debuffs from movement speed will be the most ideal solution.

Nova can slow down the enemy, but they attack as quickly as before.

Diminishing effects over would be the most ideal

She still has top end damage and slowing that heavily affects how enemies aim

How about for once a person instead of trying to take someone else fun away from them, says hey. DE Buff other classes so they are more viable.

People who call nerf all the time often aren't ever doing it for balance sake, they are just sick of being forced to take something cause its a strong option or seeing other people take them all the time. This illusionary lack of free will essentially causes those with selfish opinions on game design to just ignore other strong options and focus their dislike on a particular target even though its not solving the initial problem of maybe some frames are just a bit weak and need a BUFF.

My hour + Survival gang don't run a nova, we run a banshee with resonance. That way our damage amp is so ridiculous that even at 60+minutes we can IKO heavy's.

My team (bansee + volt + vauban + necro) No Nova, not needed. We sometimes run a nova because another guy loves his Nova prime.

Sometimes I Run my Ember with everyone switching to Fire Ele Loadouts and we combo with a mirage to shoot for tons of damage.

So yeh, Do everyone who loves the Nova a favor and stop trying to smash their toy because you have an issue with it.

Now when a frame is so OP that the team layouts of warframe become as an example (not-real). Mesa/Mesa/Mesa/Mesa or if a single warframe can make the team 100% no fail immortal *im looking at you trinity and frost prenerf* then and only then should you think about nerfing a frame.

Otherwise it would be nice if more frames would get redesigns and buffs so people were given more options for high end content. Not less.

peace

I think Nova is in a good place right now.

Giving MP a fixed speed effect would ruin our ability to play Negative/Speed Nova, which is a whole other level of challenge to the game if you take such a thing into harder missions. Don't ruin that.

Cut this challenge thing!...

Fast Nova is only used against infested so the defense goes faster. The infested even if faster can't actually hurt the tenno. So don't tell me about challenge with fast Nova.

Nerfs are not viable, because:

Warframe: Developer Q&A , Answer to Question 4:

The core is the 4 guys against a massive army.  And, generally speaking, they are devastating. The core is not something like in Gears of War where the one on one is something a bit more balanced.  One Space Ninja against a whole ship of Grineer is the idea.  But, that needs to be balanced by boss battles, and by like desperate scenarios.  But, generally speaking, the whole idea of it, even an old ninja (right?) is that the untrained militia get devastated by a single one.

This thread has nothing to do with challenge, as the title claims, for various reasons.  Not least of which, is that it's based entirely on misguided ideology.  People are seeking to supplant The Core of Warframe as expressed above with ... stuff.  This thread is outside the bounds of Warframe, which are clearly expressed in the quote.  This thread is gibberish.

4 Warframes are supposed to Devastate a Massive Army.  That is The Core of Warframe.  The rest is Boss Battles or Desperate Scenarios.  This thread is entirely outside the basis of Warframe.  It's an attempt to derail Warframe.

Edited by ThePresident777

Nerfs are not viable, because:

This thread has nothing to do with challenge, as the title claims, for various reasons.  Not least of which, is that it's based entirely misguided ideology.

Explain how that means nerfs arent viable exactly?

SARCASM MODE ENGAGE!!!!

nerf nova because it makes it too easy? okay.. but lets make sure we nerf all the others its only fair right? (Mesa, Frost, no more loki disarm, no more banshee stopping everything from moving while doing damage, no more excal radial javiline, no more limbo banish, valkyr shouldnt be invincible in hysteria, etc.)

SARCASM MODE ENGAGE!!!!

nerf nova because it makes it too easy? okay.. but lets make sure we nerf all the others its only fair right? (Mesa, Frost, no more loki disarm, no more banshee stopping everything from moving while doing damage, no more excal radial javiline, no more limbo banish, valkyr shouldnt be invincible in hysteria, etc.)

Youre going entirely off the point

Under the assumption that these other things need to be nerfed you still dont have a reason why Nova shouldnt be

i think i'd be in the camp that says that many other Abilities are too single purposed, while Molecular Prime has multiple purposes.

so then the problem is that quite a few Abilities are only good for one thing, and one thing only. when they should be more interesting than that. 

as a genius of a man would say (Alton Brown) - a tool with only a single possible use has no place in my kitchen.

OMG you quoted HIM and I agree with you, made my day!

Youre going entirely off the point

Under the assumption that these other things need to be nerfed you still dont have a reason why Nova shouldnt be

you are serious right now? i'm gonna say troll move on and not reply to whatever you say next. i'm sure someone will explain this to you.

you are serious right now? i'm gonna say troll move on and not reply to whatever you say next. i'm sure someone will explain this to you.

Im very serious

Why shouldnt Nova be changed when shes the biggest outlier among frames

Most are fairly close to eachother but Nova is

/Sunglasses

In space

Think a lot of people reacting here are missing OP's main point - but this guy sums it all up perfectly - without even realising!

I don't get you sir. While Nova's sole purpose is to deal damage and crowd control or speed things up,

SOLE - meaning singular ... followed by 3 (well 2 really) purposes.

Nova is capable across all of the major gameplay focus for frames. Whether or not you want to admit it - that is an issue.

If It were about variety and interesting mechanics, if it were about challenges, then people would be proposing them.  They would be suggesting enemies, environments, and missions, in other words challenges.  But, it's not about any of that.   It's not about challenges at all.  It's not about balance at all.  If it were about challenges or balance then people would be proposing Desperate Scenarios or Bosses because that is what this game is partially about.

Exibit A:

Instead, what people are proposing is destroying The Core of the game so it's like everything else, making it not a threat to any competition at all, and making DE reneg on it's claims which will do wonders for it's reputation.  It's a load of gaslight.

Yep, and I hope DE utterly ignores them and focuses on meaningful feedback that helps them realize their vision for a truly unique game that is not a Dark Souls reskin!

Funny how people reacts when someone attempts to remove their easy mode. Anyways, I agree with OP, +1 there.

Nova isn't squishy with the right build, slap in a P. Flow and QT and a Nova Prime will have 744 Energy which is equal to 1786 HP. She technically has very high damage mitigation due to Mprime's slow, do not deny this fact. People might say "NO, QT IS STEWPID", oh really, tell me how useful health restores are when Nova cannot even take everything a Large Health Restore can heal even with a maxed Vitality mod. With QT, picking up a 25 energy orb is like healing 60 HP while getting near those Void Orb thingies will heal you 250-300 energy which is around 720 HP. Lastly, since Nova has huge energy pool with P. Flow, she can take everything a Large Energy Restore can give which is 400 energy = 960 HP.

This is why the good Loki Prime and Nova Prime players always have P. Flow and QT slapped in their configs.

Edited by LisRestall

Nova Devastes Massive Armies.  That's what Warframes are supposed to do.  Devastation is not mild.  Devastation is not "balanced".  Again, the proof because people refuse to see it, this is Warframe:

The core is the 4 guys against a massive army.  And, generally speaking, they are devastating. The core is not something like in Gears of War where the one on one is something a bit more balanced.  One Space Ninja against a whole ship of Grineer is the idea.  But, that needs to be balanced by boss battles, and by like desperate scenarios.  But, generally speaking, the whole idea of it, even an old ninja (right?) is that the untrained militia get devastated by a single one.

That quote above encapsulates Warframe.  It advertises Warframe just as much as, if not more than, the forum art we see with each and every forum page.  This thread is out of bounds.

The core of the game is trivializing content.  Let's take a good close look at it again because this point has been missed.

The spawn rates are nerfed.  They do not provide the massive army The Core game play requires for devastation.  Many Warframe are nerfed to not be able to satisfy The Core game play.

Warframe has been destroyed and PodFrame, DarkSoulsFrame, ExtracreditsFrame and other garbage has been shoved into it's husk, all in the name of "balance" which was specifically rejected at the outset for The Core of Warframe..

Darn right, man. These people are tearing it up and trying to make it JAS - "Just Another Shooter."

"Balance." That's a curse word - it's been hijacked by this community and others too often. Just flat out say, "Play like all the others" and leave it that.

Nova Devastes Massive Armies.  That's what Warframes are supposed to do.  Devastation is not mild.  Devastation is not "balanced".  Again, the proof because people refuse to see it, this is Warframe:

That quote above encapsulates Warframe.  It advertises Warframe just as much as, if not more than, the forum art we see with each and every forum page.  This thread is out of bounds.

Noone is saying she shouldnt

She shouldnt be doing it so much better than other frames

That quote means nothing. Its irrelevant

Noone wants to make it so Nova cant devastate armies. They want her to be more in line with other frames who also devastate armies

Youd be running on idiocy to further imply that other frames dont do this and that toning Nova downw ould take it away from her

Nerfing the Tenno Devastates the Tenno.  Which is not what The Core of Warframe is supposed to be.  The Warframes are supposed to Devastate Massive Armies.  This thread is misguided.

Players who run 60+ minute survivals, against Massive Armies, report inflicting greater Devastation on Massive Armies with Warframes other than Nova.  Nova should be able to Devastate Massive Armies like the other Warframes do, running 60+ Minute Survival, where DE has hidden the Massive Armies.  Nova needs to be buffed.  She needs to be unnerfed.

See, this is Warframe, not what this thread proposes:

If this thread were serious about challenge, it would propose challenges.  It would talk about The Boss Battles and Desperate Scenarios that Warframe is supposed to have in addition to the The Core of Devastating Massive Armies.  But this thread doesn't do that because it's misguided by concepts that do not apply to Warframe, but apply to Gears of War instead.

LOL guy i think i seen some forum warrior here beg for nerf almost everything! seen him everywhere about nerf thread

if we gonna nerf nova we should start with loki since it make 80% content in this game like a joke include boss and thing even nullifier guy that IMMUNE to M. prime still can't do S#&$ againt loki