Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Key Hosting (But I Don't Owe You 40 Waves)

03-K64

This is something that's been on my mind for a while, but nothing that I've felt like making a thread over. That is, until last night when a guy chewed me out after leaving his T1 Defense mission at wave 20.

In any case, if you're key hosting, and you say you're going to 30 waves or 40 waves, I'll respect that and not message you to join. I don't like long missions. But if you just say you're hosting, with no time stipulation, then please keep in mind the people joining don't owe you a long run. There are certain courtesies I think most people try to adhere to, but if one of your expectations is X amount of waves, please say so up front. It'll help streamline the experience for everyone.

And of course this applies to survivals as well as defenses.

Edited by TwoHumpCamel

What I usually do is ask host, if they're going to do long runs. I think this should but be a responsibility to both players. If I host, I just say in chat, I'm going for X time/waves.

One thing that does grind my gears is, If I'm hosting and say I'm going to do X amount of runs, they join knowing this then leave few runs later, just makes me mad. Why join in the first place? I could've got someone else who wanted to do all of them. asdfghjkl

Edited by Husla

people still do t1 defences? a most disturbing notion.

Not really.

Anyways I agree with you OP, I leave when i want to if the host doesn't say a specific wave in the recruiting ad. It's worse when you're the host and people get upset withyou for leaving when u want. I've been messaged by people who wanted to stay to wave 50-60 which imo is absolutely ridiculous if they're not shelling out the key themselves.

ignore them and move on.

Edited by DotBeta

people still do t1 defences? a most disturbing notion.

You sound like a stuck up player, aren't you the one that said owning 67 mil (with a 'lol'), and don't have a problem with credit even though some people do.

On topic, I don't see any issue here. You both discovered a different needs and wants to late, depends how you negotiate it. In this case not so nice. But one thing for sure, you and him will definitely gonna make sure things are going to be as expected up front for the next tower defense.

You sound like a stuck up player, aren't you the one that said owning 67 mil (with a 'lol'), and don't have a problem with credit even though some people do.

On topic, I don't see any issue here. You both discovered a different needs and wants to late, depends how you negotiate it. In this case not so nice. But one thing for sure, you and him will definitely gonna make sure things are going to be as expected up front for the next tower defense.

let him be. He was once toxic as hell in a thread discussing mastery ranks. I gave up on trying to get him calm down. 

But yeah some people are really stubborn, but you also should say when you'll be leaving. I think that's more proper.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss