Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Power Sliders

Vesciroth

This is a topic that has been posted about before, but I don't think there has been a thread about it in a while. I think we can all agree that one of the most annoying experiences in this game is when you're leveling a weapon or a frame and you can't put any decently leveled mods on it because all of them are maxed out. The main solution to this so far has been to have multiple iterations of the same mod at different levels, but that's a ridiculous hassle.

My unoriginal suggestion is to have a slider that you can use to lower the level of the mod, lowering the strength, conclave rating, and drain of the mod to fit whatever build you're running with whatever mod capacity you have. This doesn't unbalance the game in any way and it's a great ease of life improvement. Thoughts?

I've always thought this was a gnarly suggestion and I'm all for it, whatever my opinion is worth.

Atop that, I've always also wanted the same thing to be able to be extended to frame abilities.  Only reason I'm specifically bringing it up is that they aren't mods any longer.

But they put in a daily cap which indirectly increases grind.

The cap is less than what people were grinding to.  People were grinding to the modern equal of 90,000 rep a day with farms, and the max cap is less than half of that at current.

I would love this, but I don't think it'll ever happen. At the moment, having multiple copies of Heavy Caliber, Fleeting Expertise, etc is necessary. If we only needed one, the market would be flooded with all the extra corrupted mods. 

but more importantly, it would reduce grind. DE rarely does that