Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Volt

Klickz

I love Volt and he has potential of dmg but his armor rating is too low in my opinion. He isn't tanky enough at higher levels and his damage falls off. Usually, teams wouldn't want a Volt in their squad. His augment mods don't fix the issues. Please buff him!

Dont use him for nuke damage and you will discover he is one of the best defensive frames out there.

Teams dont want you in their squad because you are modding for strength and range and not efficiency and duration.

It is your fault and not the frame.

Try using for Utility, not damage. Shock and Overload apply electric procs to their targets, stunning them. Electric Shield solves your tankyness issue by making an impermeable barrier between you and your enemy, while speed is always nice to have.

Honestly, I think that Volt is in the best position of most frames in the game balance wise. 

He is damn good.

And thinking he is tanky? Not all frames are noob-like rhinos, some have finer strategies.

And damage fall off will happen in all frames and all damage abilities, its all the extra utility elements tha matter once you reach very high levels.

I suppose his armor could use a buff but his shield capacity helps. The real problem with Volt is the low damage within his direct damage abilities, which are heavily penalized against alloy armor (grineer). The end result is his damage type makes him somewhat useful against corpus, but Mag outperforms him there.

I'd recommend an increase in his base armor from 15 to at least 50, an increase in Shock's damage from 200 to 300, and perhaps a portion of Overload's damage type to be divided into Radiation or Corrosive, similar to how Oberon's Reckoning is divided into Radiation and Impact.

However I will say that he's very good in augmented offense and support roles. Electric Shield multiplies critical damage and can make some weapons hitscan. Speed is very useful--it helps players move faster whether or not they are sprinting. Shock is guaranteed crowd control. Only Overload is lackluster compared to the rest.

Edited by MechaKnight

Volt is probably the best balanced frame in the game right next to Oberon. I main volt. He's squish, yeah. Only if you face tank long enough to let them drain the mass amount of shield he has. 1250 sheild with max Redirection. If you need to get damage out, stack your electric sheilds. 4-5 of them will do insane damage, and provide cover.

I main Volt. I run T4 with him, and quite frankly, you can't Tank with Volt. Like others have said, he more on the side of defense, but balanced overall. I was able to save a team mate will using Shield and Overload. I put up a shield, stunned the enemies, revived my teammate, and then made a speedy escape why stunning more enemies with Shock. Volt is love. Volt if life.

Armor could be addressed with the prime version.

And as for damage, like everyone else said he is more an utility/defense frame, his electric procs and shield are great, defense wise of course.

Edited by Zaniux

I think the only change that Volt really needs is a fix on Electric status effects themselves. Right now they don't properly paralyze enemies that are in special animations (hiding behind cover, using consoles, jumping, activating an ability, etc), so Shock ends up doing basically nothing to these enemies at higher levels. That was probably the biggest thing that made me stop playing Volt and I'd like to see it get fixed sometime.

But that aside, Volt is a great frame already. No significant changes or overhauls needed at all.

Volt doesn't need damage. Electric damage is lame anyways. It's the procs that count.

I wouldn't build for strength. It speeds up Speed, but it's already sufficient without pwr-str. Duration/energy efficiency is the way to go, because you get the procs and have long lasting Speed/Electric Shields, cheap CC.

Volt is a toolbox frame. However I wouldn't say no, if Overload gets a bit buffed or less vulnerability during casting animation.

I really feel like volt is in a good place as is

The only issue is his ult being a weaker version of Novas with less range,damage,and a stun rather than slow

Also his use of electronics is extremely limited and should be improved for his ult

Dont use him for nuke damage and you will discover he is one of the best defensive frames out there.

Teams dont want you in their squad because you are modding for strength and range and not efficiency and duration.

It is your fault and not the frame.

Says it's the guy's fault.

Reads codex.

"This is a high-damage warframe perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay."

tommy-lee-wtf-meme-generator-are-you-put

Anyway, I agree - buff Volt to become truly devastating or change his codex entry. Right now, I only use his powers to stunlock. He's really a utility frame - he probably runs his own company anyway.

I'd like to see his base runspeed increased to match with the rest of the caster frames - 1.0 is simply too slow. His speed ability can be decreased to make up for it. And that armor - 15? Seriously?

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

IMO the only things that need to be done for Volt are.

Slightly increase Shock's damage. 

Buff / Revamp Overload.

Increase his sprint speed to 1.1 or 1.2. (Hopefully will happen with Volt Prime)

Change his Codex Entry. 

I don't mind his low Armor rating since Electric Shield greatly increases his survivability. 

I like Volt as a utility frame and I wouldn't have it any other way, but Overload definitely needs more punch to it. It's fairly lackluster in comparison to his other skills. 

Reads codex.

"This is a high-damage warframe perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay."

His description is far outdated and honestly just incorrect

He compliments gunplay rather than acts as an alternative

Flavor text shouldnt be used so heavily

He can be used quite well with melee. That's quite an alternative, but I agree...

I recall all those topics over a year ago...

People wanted a second Ember (bad scaling, no utility) and thankfully didn't get it. There were so many threads with rework proposals and claims, I'm still traumatized.