Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Nyx's Absorb More Useful In High Level Again

Hex_Storm

So whenever I use nyx in a long T4 survival I notice that absorb drains my energy way to fast and doesn't do much killing for the 100+ energy it drains. I think this is because I cant use absorb long enough with the energy drain based on damage taken and its damage type.

The energy drain for damage taken works for low to mid level because enemies don't take a lot of damage to die. The problem is when getting to higher levels enemies start doing more damage and taking more damage so you need to absorb for longer to match the damage while losing more energy. My suggestion for this is change the drain from damage to the number of hits taken. This would allow the energy drain to be more or less the same wherever she is used. The drain rate for this I am not exactly sure of, maybe every 50-100 shots taken is 10 energy. Please recommend something if that isn't good enough or is to strong.

Next is the damage type. Absorb deals pure magnetic damage which isn't good for grineer and void where most of the late game is. I think that it should be changed to a damage type that is more useful against all factions so it doesn't shine against one but be terrible for the other factions. I think radiation damage might work well. Another way to change it is to make it not deal magnetic damage but instead deal the same exact damage types that it took in. So if it gets shot with 100 slash and 200 puncture it will deal that in its explosion. This would make it require a little more teamwork as enemies don't usually deal elemental damage so you would need your teammates to shoot you for the elemental damage.

Please leave your thoughts below and if there is something else you recommend or think should be changed please say so.

fleeting, streamline, flow prime.

dont use BR. dont use QT

arcane vespa if ya got it.  problem solved.

adaptive damage types would be cool though.

hey, the guy below me has the idea! quick pops will knock down enemies, and it helps a ton.

Edited by VioDuskar

fleeting, streamline, flow prime.

dont use BR. dont use QT

arcane vespa if ya got it.  problem solved.

adaptive damage types would be cool though.

hey, the guy below me has the idea! quick pops will knock down enemies, and it helps a ton.

LmSZjXj.jpg 

Use it for the knockback instead of damage.

I feel that kinda ruins the point of it being her only way of really dealing damage. You also then need to kill them all by shooting them which i could've done in the first place.

It would be better if they change the energy drain per 1000 damage penalization to "energy per 10 seconds" and they also need to change the magnetic damage, it doesnt fit Nyx and is a bit bad against grineer/corrupted.

However as it is right now, with primed flow+fleeting+streamline+suda weapon (with 75% efficiency cap) is pretty decent.

if it was made into what world of fire is now it would be ok

has a duration and energy drain

no more drain for damage

change to half radiation and half magnetic damage

stop it from being able to get damage from people and multiple chaining nyx's then there its fine

So whenever I use nyx in a long T4 survival 

Stop. There is no balancing around high level play in infinite matches, this creates problems the likes of which will stop warframe. Balancing around an infinite mode will trivialize normal content and only serve to increase the time people spend in endless modes only to complain about "After 3 hours in my T4 survival the level 10 trillion enemies don't take damage anymore."

WTH? This thread is asking for a BUFF for one of the already best frames for late game content? SMH how about we actually allow DE's attention to be focused on the frames that are truly in a bad position atm?

To Quote Azawarau on another of my post's

geninrising uses LOGIC, it's not very effective.