The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Many Clicks To Stock Up On Codex Scanners.

Scylax

To buy 25 codex scanners from the arsenal, you must:

1. Click a section on the inventory wheel

2. Click "Codex Scanner"

3. Click "Purchase"

4. Click "Yes"

5. Click "OK"

That's five clicks. It takes 20 clicks + moving the mouse all over the screen to fill up your stock of codex scanners. After clicking the "Purchase" button, in place of a "Yes"/"No" box, the UI should prompt the user with a text box for the number of sets/items to purchases (defaults to 1) with arrows on each side, an "OK" button, and a "Cancel" button, similar to the mod fusion prompt:

You can use the marketplace to purchase them in bulk, but the arsenal purchase menu should have the same prompt the marketplace does in order to allow ease of purchasing. I frequent my arsenal more often than the market, and you have to go to the arsenal anyway to equip them, so it's easier to purchase them from the arsenal.

Here's a video of how long it takes to maximize your stock of codex scanners from the arsenal:

Edited by Scylax

To buy 25 codex scanners, you must:

[ol]

[li]Click a section on the inventory wheel[/li]

[li[Click "Codex Scanner"[/li]

[li]Click "Purchase"[/li]

[li]Click "Yes"[/li]

[li]Click "OK"[/li]

[/ol]

you're doing lists wrong, but try this instead, go to the purchase menu and hit enter enter enter. faster than clicks, and you dont have to move the mouse at all, plus you can macro it.

you're doing lists wrong, but try this instead, go to the purchase menu and hit enter enter enter. faster than clicks, and you dont have to move the mouse at all, plus you can macro it.

Awesome. Wasn't aware that you could use enter as a shortcut -- I'll do that from now on. The UI is still lacking though, and that should be a quantity prompt rather than a confirmation prompt.

You can enter a custom number.....................................

What am I not seeing?

W2hkNpW.png

2edgy4me, I'm sorry I even helped jeez

The post you quoted wasn't referring to you. Also, I had no clue you were talking about the marketplace. I wasn't even aware that you could purchase them from the marketplace -- my bad.

You can use the marketplace to purchase them in bulk, but the arsenal purchase menu should have the same prompt the marketplace does in order to allow ease of purchasing. I frequent my arsenal more often than the market, and you have to go to the arsenal anyway to equip them, so it's easier to purchase them from the arsenal.

None of the things that are offered via not-the-market have give the chance to put in a custom number, is like a one item purchase.

Maybe DE will change it, but then why have a market place at all?

Maybe DE will change it, but then why have a market place at all?

Why have a marketplace now? They already sell codex scanners through the arsenal, but wait, there's a whole bunch of other stuff that isn't for sale in the arsenal. Blueprints, resources, etc. None of that is sold in the arsenal. The codex scanners are sold in the arsenal because it's easier to purchase them from there. When you're purchasing codex scanners, it's because you're going to equip them. Why not just sell them at the equip menu (like they currently do)? That make it a whole lot easier -- except, that's the catch. It's not very easy like it's meant to be because you can't purchase them in bulk from there.

Edited by Scylax

Why have a marketplace now? They already sell codex scanners through the arsenal, but wait, there's a whole bunch of other stuff that isn't for sale in the arsenal. Blueprints, resources, etc. None of that is sold in the arsenal. The codex scanners are sold in the arsenal because it's easier to purchase them from there. When you're purchasing codex scanners, it's because you're going to equip them. Why not just sell them at the equip menu (like they currently do)? That make it a whole lot easier -- except, that's the catch. It's not very easy like it's meant to be because you can't purchase them in bulk from there.

What's wrong with the market?... I'm just gonna leave this thread now.

Edited by mistopportunity

What's wrong with the market?... I'm just gonna leave this thread now.

There is nothing wrong with the market. It just happens to be easier to purchase them from the place you're going to be equipping them from instead of fiddling around with the escape menu, getting into the market, navigating to the gear page, and buying them from the marketplace. DE Has shown their intent -- they wanted players to be able to purchase codex scanners easier and more quickly (since we blow through them so fast). The use of a confirmation instead of a quantity prompt makes it more difficult to use though, so it kind of defeats the purpose. This is a feedback thread on improving the arsenal codex scanner purchasing, not a "kill the marketplace with fire" thread. I don't know how you're interpreting it that way.

Why do we even need to buy codex scanners.

there's the real core of the issue.

if it really needs to charge us for the Space 1hr Photo service, just charge 20Cr whenever a Scan is taken. bulk it when a Player leaves a Mission ofcourse, no need to spam the server.