The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fully-Modded Kohm Reduces Fps Dramatically

Nonentity

I've had this happen twice, and confirmed it happens with another friend.

If you have a fully-modded Kohm with multishot and fire rate and all that, when that person starts firing, my FPS goes from 50ish down to 15-20 when they start firing and I'm in windowed fullscreen mode.

I've had to resort to not grouping with those people until it gets fixed.

EDIT: Thought it was only happening in borderless fullscreen, but it happens all the time.

Edited by Nonentity

Windowed fullscreen eh?

Aka Borderless.

Also, in same setting (5 forma Kohm with the most spammable set) I couldn't get it to lag as much (in 1080p borderless). Although once my friend started shooting, my framerate went to 30FPS or so (from 144).

Not even my Mirage with Kohm could achieve what my friend has done... I have no idea how this works.

Edited by Mofixil

Yeah, I'm not sure of the EXACT set of conditions, but it's never me using the Kohm, always someone else, and it's a dramatic FPS spike.

Turn off "Runtime Tesselation" that fixed it for me! This game needs some optimization badly as of late!

I can say that RoF-modded KOHM dunks fps even in usual fullscreen mode.

Recently i had i guy in my party that probably modded KOHM to max RoF + clipsize and after afew minutes i just abandoned mission because this was unplayable (it was T4 defence so we all had to stay close and watch his KOHM effects).. it was literally a slideshow

I recently noticed this too in an TIV survival and the player used an mirage.

He/she throws an prism then the dopples and then shoots with the kohm, My fps drop from 70+ fps to an unplayable 10+-.

If I was out of the room I did not experience any lagg using my nova and her M prime using an Paris prime as my main weapon.

I recently also made an topic about this and it got worse after the hotfixes when the network compression was added to the build

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/386625-warframe-runs-with-bad-performance-on-low-load-gpu-percentage-this-needs-optimalisations/#entry4265190

I hope this all gets an nice and great optimalisation because Warframe is an nice and great game but please don't be sluggish with optimalisations DE!!!

Furthermore yes I use an laptop, do not judge on that I could play Warframe on higher fps on earlier updates and never had any poor performance issues.

Chao, The Roaring Lion Warlord of ShadowLords