Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP?

Sendrik

Ofcourse it is possible, just that it wont mess with pve, so haters wont have a bad time) Pvp could have some modes like pve, for example capture the flag, vip, duel, team death match, hold the point etc. etc. this game have unlimited possibilities

Pvp is the most important part of the game, and EVERYBODY is waiting for it! So tell me, why isnt that S#&$ already on?

Excuse me, this is no PvP game. Clearly, you misunderstand this. Also, "everybody" is hardly correct - not even close.

haters

Labeling people with legitimate reasons against PvP in Warframe as haters does not validate your point.

So why they against pvp if it won't spoil their fun, pve content? I see so much criticism against it, without any valid arguments "why to go against others, who wants it." I dont say give it now!, but when they will finish content, which was supposed to be from beginning.

Edited by Daerados

But if there are so much threads about it,maybe it IS needed?

Just because many people talk about something and want it, doesnt mean it is really good. you have to balanceevery frame just for pvp and that would s***. This way every frame would be the same in pve too.

Oh and frames like loki and trinity would disappear....

Edited by Venarge

OMG ... I've read of stupid things in this topic .. how do you think about adding a FPS game pvp in a game structured and mainly only for pve in a cooperative, even if you do choose the room alone, online or private.

do not even need shoppare almost nothing, the game does not require the need ..

structured as a game with spectacular resolution where you find it right now ..

aggiungessero also add that if in the future we will see the pvp float the beautiful world of hack, aimbot etc. ... then play and enjoy the game;)

sorry for bad english :)

OMG ... I've read of stupid things in this topic .. how do you think about adding a FPS game pvp in a game structured and mainly only for pve in a cooperative, even if you do choose the room alone, online or private.

do not even need shoppare almost nothing, the game does not require the need ..

structured as a game with spectacular resolution where you find it right now ..

aggiungessero also add that if in the future we will see the pvp float the beautiful world of hack, aimbot etc. ... then play and enjoy the game;)

sorry for bad english :)

I still don't see a reason to flat out reject the idea.

There are several ways to implement PvP. DE could pretty much create their on design on this game for that matter.

Besides, as mentioned by Daerados, the content PvE/PvP content could be built apart from one another.

Pvp is the most important part of the game, and EVERYBODY is waiting for it! So tell me, why isnt that S#&$ already on?

He might have said a little too much but one could read the anxiety of this fragment only. This just corroborates that there are people within the current playerbase that want PvP, and aparently, want it now.

Most important? Man you forgot about supporter frames like loki and trinity with no offensive skills so your argument is invalid. PVP would cause massive balance and make every frame the the same whats the dumbest thing ever. so NO. NOT EVERYBODY is waiting for it and it wasnt even supposed to be a MAIN part of it. Its about coop and thats good

Edited by Venarge

Most important? Man you forgot about supporter frames like loki and trinity with no offensive skills so your argument is invalid. PVP would cause massive balance and make every frame the the same whats the dumbest thing ever. so NO. NOT EVERYBODY is waiting for it and it wasnt even supposed to be a MAIN part of it. Its about coop and thats good

Loki and Trinity would still be usable in PvP. More than you think. As it is, they do weapon/blade damage and can help the team with a supportive role. Think of it as a MOBA and you'll get the gist of it.

Anyhow, I don't see why that kind of argument still stands. If you're against PvP this is not the thread for you to grind your fingers on the keyboard. We (in favor of PvP) are here to state that some of us see potential in a PvP platform using the Warframe engine, and we are wondering if the Devs are considering it. We want to know if they are willing to think about it, or if they will never ever try to deploy PvP on Warframe.

Loki and Trinity would still be usable in PvP. More than you think. As it is, they do weapon/blade damage and can help the team with a supportive role. Think of it as a MOBA and you'll get the gist of it.

Anyhow, I don't see why that kind of argument still stands. If you're against PvP this is not the thread for you to grind your fingers on the keyboard. We (in favor of PvP) are here to state that some of us see potential in a PvP platform using the Warframe engine, and we are wondering if the Devs are considering it. We want to know if they are willing to think about it, or if they will never ever try to deploy PvP on Warframe.

See, I apreciate your wish for PVP. I would like it myself. It would be awesome to fight others, but right now, they should concentrate on the main thing. True, trinity and loki would get a role, but still, some need to be balanced. Rhino for example with his stomp. Its a bit hardcore in my opinion. I would like to see an additional pvp later when the game released, but it would do no good if DE would try to get it done at the same time as the coop. Asking for it is not the problem. The problem is that almost a dozen threads opened with: We want pvp and pvp is a must have bla bla. One thread, everyone is saying yeah me too and ok, the asking is done. What is going on here is the attempt to persuade DE with many threads, and that´s what makes me uncomfortable. Thats all =)

Edited by Venarge

I didnt go through the whole thread but how about Tenno vs Grineer Pvp?

So there wont be a need for balancing stuff why dont make it a Pvp where there are limited lives and the Tenno get less because they got all the cool stuff? Or the opposite where the Tenno get less point towards the goal than the Grineer do?

See, I apreciate your wish for PVP. I would like it myself. It would be awesome to fight others, but right now, they should concentrate on the main thing. True, trinity and loki would get a role, but still, some need to be balanced. Rhino for example with his stomp. Its a bit hardcore in my opinion. I would like to see an additional pvp later when the game released, but it would do no good if DE would try to get it done at the same time as the coop. Asking for it is not the problem. The problem is that almost a dozen threads opened with: We want pvp and pvp is a must have bla bla. One thread, everyone is saying yeah me too and ok, the asking is done. What is going on here is the attempt to persuade DE with many threads, and that´s what makes me uncomfortable. Thats all =)

I agree with you on DE focusing on the current content for now and trimming it to be solid. We do have a few bugs and from the poll they did a few days ago we could see that new environment, mission types, lore and weapons were the top picks. Makes a lot a sense imo as well, since the game is good but we would need those to get it better rated.

I do hope they consider PvP on release. What I was looking to get was their word (not assurance) if it would be considered, at least. I was wondering about that to decide now if I'd keep playing Warframe hoping they consider implementing it latter.

Psudo pvp? Guys this is not hard, We just need a arena, a battleground, everyone join and start killing everything and everyone. =)

+1

Mindless pvp-related rambling below:

I love dungeon crawling, and im loving this game so far. However, after 40 hours of gameplay (three rank 30 frames, two teen-rank frames + a couple of rank 30 weapons) I cant think of anything else to do (I know it's in closed beta). I've done everything there is I want to do in the PVE aspect, and now I wish I could just shoot other players. Even when the released game comes out, what is there for players to do after they've done all the PVE content? Do the same missions over and over? It's repetitive now and unless a TON of content comes out it'll feel the same way when the game is finally released. As of now, there's just mindless grinding and repetitive missions because I've done everything already.

What is needed? Replayability. Content that is replayable (and worth doing, like better boss assassination missions. Bosses currently feel like minions on steroids, not actual bosses) or straight up PVP. PVP has almost infinite replayability.

Balancing issues shouldnt even be a big deal. With the current system, being there are no dedicated servers and the clients host games, just host your own game and if someone isnt playing by the rules just boot/prevent them from YOUR game. The only thing needed here would be to make an actual PVP lobby to show the rulesets and latency to the host. Anti-cheat not needed, the host can boot and add a vote-kicking system.

Either the above or just remove all skills from PVP. Would it be bland? Yes, but it would be balanced and I, and definitely others, would still play it. Frame and weapon mods can be the difference in players. Im sure DE would rather have their playerbase play their game than another game.

The ONLY gripe I have about PVP is that it will take resources away from the PVE content. This is the only dungeon crawling, co-op shooter that I really enjoy. If there is to be no PVP, then replayability (and not just mindless grinding like it is now) or a heck of a lot more content will be needed.

I think this game without pvp will get boring really fast, because in 30 days of playing the content are explored with all the weapons and the warframes. There isnt just enough variety in the game. I'm playing it much and translating it for my country language too.

In terms of MMO gaming, the game lacks Endgame. There is no clear difference between easy and hard levels and anyway, the lack of a story (someone compared to diablo or torchlight this game) makes it impossible to feel the game like any other dungeon crawler. So, if they dont put pvp in the game, i dont get (maybe coz i'm short minded) how can they fiz this.

I got all the gear, all the best drops, all the frames. What now?

considering the tennou lore, the pvp maybe good but not when the loser will be decimated since they're on extinction. they just submitted to other player :D

if you mean pvp then the words would be "duel match" for competitive match and " kumite rando" for team battle.:D

that . . just my tought. . xD

me and my friends were discussing this while playing. we would like to see a PVP option, an arena of sorts. i understand the issues with balance but i believe you can have the PVP option in there for those who want it; a 4V4 or 2v2 im not sure. keeping with the core of the game is a must because i LOVE this game but i see this game and it has SO much potential. i really like the idea of even having the "dark Tenno" in the PVE that you must keep an eye out for. something to spice up the grind. or give a break from the grind every once and a while with the PVP. since the Tenno are wearing some HIGHLY advanced armor i think they could withstand an ability or two. but you could also limit the energy within the map so patience would be needed and skill would be needed as well to keep yourself alive long enough to KEEP that energy. i truely believe PVP could work in this game and still keep the core of the game safe. i dont see a need for E-sports just an option for friends to kick the crap out of eachother once and a while.

PVP can't just be something "thrown in." In a game like this with such a terminal end, it has to be something that players can transition to almost entirely (they'll still likely want to go kill some Grineer now and then I'm sure). I don't know if PVP is the thing that'll hold players, but I don't know what else would fill that void.

I think pvp is a good idea LATER on down the road, for a game like this it does make some sense. That said i don't think it is needed games pve is quite enjoyable and its a good co-op pick up game,and frankly... it is nice to see a game isn't pvp for a change and con toss whole idea of balance in pvp out the window since there isnt any to worry about.

So i wouldnt be butt hurt if it didnt happen... but i can see it being a rather fun facet of the game as well.

To be honest and direct, I believe that PvP would enhance the game. I understand how a FOCUS on PvP could take away from an otherwise awesome PvE experience, so I'm not asking for anything intricate. If the devs were to include something small like a duel system, I would be 100% fine and happy with that. I don't want rebalances, and I certainly don't want structured PvP, but I would really like to see some kind of PvP mode integrated on a small scale. As I'm writing this, Vindictus PvP comes to mind. The focus of the game never shifted away from PvE, but there was at least SOMETHING there for those who liked a change of pace every now and again. Now, I'm aware that Vindictus and Warframe have very few similarities, but they share a common focus, which is why I brought this up. All I really want are some kind of 1v1 and 2v2 dueling modes. Hell, the room used for the wave defense missions could be recycled for this purpose. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in, even though I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about this kind of thing by now. Thanks for reading.

To be honest and direct, I believe that PvP would enhance the game. I understand how a FOCUS on PvP could take away from an otherwise awesome PvE experience, so I'm not asking for anything intricate. If the devs were to include something small like a duel system, I would be 100% fine and happy with that.

Hey, DE is one the same page as you.

I do think there might be a simple duel mode that works with the vibe of the game (I even thought Borderlands 2 was fun with this as a way of mixing it up for a few minutes) and there could be creative ways of keeping the supreme power and uniqueness of the abilities alive within it. A very short battle that hinges on very limited energy supply might be an interesting way to approach this.

Things change but right now our goals are: Making the best PvE ever with new locations, crazy enemies, and brutal weapons. Fostering a positive & cooperative community of players. Making one sick, awesome game, rather than two mediocre ones.