Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Will Happen To Us Beta Players When Warframe Is Finally Complete?

UndeadGhostWarrior

Even tho WF is officially in beta, the beta period ended when CBT ended.

They still pretend its in beta, cause it's easier to toy with players and change stuff dramatically.

And yeah, updates in a released title should be tested far more thoroughly than in beta, so no usual "DE screwups" would be allowed.

I doubt anything will happen. If you charge and monetize your produce it's not a beta anymore, not in the true sense, for godsake they are running discounts on both platinum sales and stuff bought with platinum. Beta is just a formality because there are no real guidelines as to what is beta, alpha and release but just whatever the dev/publishers choses to label it as such.

But people judge it and critisize it regardless of wether or not a dev thinks its release or not. And no one will buy into the "beta excuse" when something goes terribly wrong either anymore.

There would be a pretty big backlash if suddenly all progress wiped, and i cannot possibly forsee any scenario where they just wipe all platinum you bought and say "go and buy it again".

So, again, just a formality. Reason for an office party some time in the future.

Stop lying to yourself. "Open Beta" is just a cover.

I've been too long in this business to keep a smile on word "Open Beta".

If a Developer asks for your money in any form or act... for a game that is unfinished/ unpolished. He is selling you a PRODUCT ready to play.

Total Biscuit said it better... too lazy to find a tweet.

Edited by Coverop

Regarding the releases of other titles that might "look amazing", I never judge games by their hype or looks in trailers anymore... Reason being, lately, IT'S ALL LIES! Destiny, Watch Dogs... The list goes on and on. Warframe has given me so many more hours of fun and enjoyment than any of these titles have, and I'll only believe something is going to "kill" warframe when I see it. Let's face it, look at WoW. For how long have people been saying that "The next MMO" is going to finally be the death of it? Yet it still maintains such a massive player base and is still constantly evolving - just like warframe.

Regarding the releases of other titles that might "look amazing", I never judge games by their hype or looks in trailers anymore... Reason being, lately, IT'S ALL LIES! Destiny, Watch Dogs... The list goes on and on. Warframe has given me so many more hours of fun and enjoyment than any of these titles have, and I'll only believe something is going to "kill" warframe when I see it. Let's face it, look at WoW. For how long have people been saying that "The next MMO" is going to finally be the death of it? Yet it still maintains such a massive player base and is still constantly evolving - just like warframe.

We're talking about tag "OPEN-BETA". Not the gaming evolving.

We're talking about tag "OPEN-BETA". Not the gaming evolving.

Yeah, I went of topic, I was only talking to the people mentioning that other, upcoming games were going to be so much better than warframe, which they could. But I'm saying the reason a game like warframe is still extremely enticing to me now, is because of it's beta stage. Because I can always expect new things to be coming out, giving me yet more reason to play the game. But my opinions of what's to happen when it's finally out of beta? I think it's going to be a long damn time before that happens, but either way there is going to be so much content to go through, even with the progress we've made in the open beta. So I really hope that we don't get reset. :P I've got way too much time invested in this game also.

imo, id say open beta (Always changing) is done once all the current place holders are replaced (Tyl Regor, Kyla De tham?, Raptor, Phorid?, j3000 golem and possibly a void boss?)

after that the game will go into Beta (ie. Developing) where DE will start adding random things and patches