Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Will Happen To Us Beta Players When Warframe Is Finally Complete?

UndeadGhostWarrior

I don't think this game is eligible to be considered a Beta anymore.

They just keep up the illusion because everytime someone points out what exactly is broken beyond any reasoning s/he will be hammered down with the old argument "But It's still in Beta!!"

Oh no man's sky.... by just look at it, i see no reason return to WF when it hits.

I remember people saying that Destiny would kill Halo and WF. 

Last I heard that was the day before Destiny was released and we all know what happened afterwards.

I don't think this game is eligible to be considered a Beta anymore.

They just keep up the illusion because everytime someone points out what exactly is broken beyond any reasoning s/he will be hammered down with the old argument "But It's still in Beta!!"

I haven't heard this being used in a long time, and by the way, even those who support the game being in beta don't use this argument for bugs and glitches. We use it when people bring up why something is incomplete or when the beta status is brought into question.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

I remember people saying that Destiny would kill Halo and WF. 

Last I heard that was the day before Destiny was released and we all know what happened afterwards.

I haven't heard this being used, and by the way, even those who support the game being in beta don't use this argument for bugs and glitches. We use it when people bring up why something is incomplete or when the beta status is brought into question.

Destiny.

Jokes aside, nobody genuinely uses "it's a beta" at all, but I've come to expect bugs at this point in time; and yeah I couldn't have said it better myself.

They said the same when destiny was coming out. Wake up guys it ain't gonna happen. Not onlu none of these games offer direct competition against warframe, your entire argument is based on arbitrary assumptions that does not hold true to statistics. There will always be a core audience for this game and DE will keep pushing more content, 2 years of experience is what I depend on. They have always kept making surprise content additions and has always been faster than we people found time to appreciate. However It will never be a release because this is not how games work anymore.

Very true, however for some especially ps4 side, destiny did that,  i dont know why as that game is medicore even compared to WF, but it did. No man's sky has both advantage and disadvantage compared to destiny that it is free 2 play, question is how much it is pay 2 win. Also what i ment by my post, is that i personnally dont see reason to comeback, however, i cant say it as quaranteed because i dont know does it keeps promises what have been made.

Edited by (PS4)SofeSNBR

Very true, however for some especially ps4 side, destiny did that,  i dont know why as that game is medicore even compared to WF, but it. No man's sky has both advantage and disadvantage compared to destiny that it is free 2 play, question is how much it is pay 2 win.

We know barely anything about No Man's Sky (as far as I know), so I think it'd be best to not buy into the hype this easily and just flat out say "After this comes out, I'm done with WF". Hell, I'm hyped for 3 games on the PS4 (Persona 5, Bloodborne and MGS:PP) yet I ain't gonna say they'll kill WF until I've actually played them.

Also doesn't this look similar to the Destiny artwork?

No_Mans_Sky_logo.png

destiny-logo-wallpapers_36550_1920x1080.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

We know barely anything about No Man's Sky (as far as I know), so I think it'd be best to not buy into the hype this easily and just flat out say "After this comes out, I'm done with WF". Hell, I'm hyped for 3 games on the PS4 (Persona 5, Bloodborne and MGS:PP) yet I ain't gonna say they'll kill WF until I've actually played them.

Also doesn't this look similar to the Destiny artwork?

No_Mans_Sky_logo.png

destiny-logo-wallpapers_36550_1920x1080.

Well i can say bloodborne will kill WF for me at least for couple weeks, since its Big M who is directing(director of demon souls and dark souls) it, so just by that merit i can safely say it will be good. But of course there is chance, albeit very small chance it will blow.

DE has already stated they do not want to ever reset accounts. At this point, I could see why. Imagine the player base they would lose immediately.

Once the game officially comes out of beta, I'd expect a little beta gift, probably cosmetic, and the launching of a well polished, fully balanced PvP with a complete storyline. 

It may take awhile.

10 Years :D

When me and you are the only ones still playing.

Why do people say it will "never be out of beta"?

There will be a point where DE feels that there are no more major changes necessary to gameplay. At that point they will "rrelease" the game. This is how most open betas work. No dev wants to keep their game in beta forever. This doesnt mean they wont continue to add content, so no reasoN to hold onto thw "it will forever be beta" myth.

I'm really confused on the reset bit. Why in gods-name would they to begin with? What makes you assume, a 2015 game nonetheless, that they would reset accounts because an open, freetoplay game decideds to change they're stance from beta to somewhat complete?

Alot of games did they back in the day due to coding errors and/or if there was a closed beta for a week or so, it's usually temporarily to begin.

If the company decides to take the beta out of the name because they feel its in a more complete state, absolutely nothing will change in regards to your accounts. The fact that its even brought up confuses me to be honest since account resets and the such I personally haven't even been relevant since the 2007 days of MMO's and properties being sold to other companies and they couldn't keep the older server information.

While we did sign the agreement that DE has all rights to the data of the game and our accounts, DE (if they are smart) will do nothing with our accounts unless we ask for them to be reset. The only time I remember any game I played that deleted the players data was when a game was going out of business and everything was being shut down. Rarely would a company ever remove the beta players data unless the beta players were given certain benefits that Alpha players don't have (E.G. Free paid currency, extra boost to max level to test things, infinite in game cash, etc...).

Then again, a few companies have their game up and running for closed beta, wipe the servers for open beta once most of the kinks are out of it. Then keep the game going without a wipe for open alpha and use "open beta for certain people" to test the newer things before adding them to the Alpha with a patch.

This game stopped being a resettable beta as soon as they started taking money for it in game. If they were to reset accounts the very least that would happen is public destruction of DE as a developer, and the most would result in multiple lawsuits. I wouldn't get worried they literally have no reason to reset it as it would kill their business.

On a side note I don't remember ever signing a Beta agreement on PS4.

I highly doubt DE would essentially "erase" everything you've accomplished. They would be faced with multiple issues (legally and fan base) if they did. My reasoning is simple:

1. They offer in-game items for plat(real currency). If they removed everything you've ever purchased, then they could be faced with a class-action suite. If it is hidden somewhere in the T&A that gives them the "right" to do so, then they can still be faced with a class-action suite for misleading their customers. Not to mention it is also illegal for business owners to sell you something only to take it completely away later down the road. They would be hit with an enormous fine if they did this.

2. Their version of BETA seems to be slightly different. They are constantly changing, improving, and adding content. So it's possible that Warframe will always stay classified as a BETA. Granted it's kind of weird, however, if the content is constantly be changed then it does make sense.

3. No company in their right mind would do such an act to it's customers if they have the intention on continuing/expanding their business. it would be suicide to do so. If their intention was to "take the money and run" then they would be faced with an enormous amount of legal debt; which would place them in the red zone for their net gains.

To sum it up, don't worry about it. DE wont do anything drastic in that sense because they know a massive foot will be placed up their a**. Coming from a PSN player...we have enough to deal with on PSN, if DE did this then it would push too many players over the edge.

They said the same when destiny was coming out. Wake up guys it ain't gonna happen. Not onlu none of these games offer direct competition against warframe, your entire argument is based on arbitrary assumptions that does not hold true to statistics. There will always be a core audience for this game and DE will keep pushing more content, 2 years of experience is what I depend on. They have always kept making surprise content additions and has always been faster than we people found time to appreciate. However It will never be a release because this is not how games work anymore.

You can't argue against Chris Roberts' project - Star Citizen - beating the utter wind out of Warframe's lungs and leaving it grasping for air. Chris Roberts was the guy who created the world-famous Wing Commander series after all.

Infinity: Battlescape, just by its looks alone and the small, tight-knit group of developers holds so much promise. Besides, there's a lot of content revealed to the players and infinitely large amounts coming at us (Literally, like, a procedurally generated galaxy with hundreds of millions of planets to land on, explore, and do so much more.)

Project: Contingency will bring the Halo love back to the PC and it's a Microsoft-blessed fan project meant to be the ultimate free-to-play with NO transactions.

Also, UndeadGhostWarrior, I meant people as in the players. I've seen a rapid decline in player numbers since the beginning of 2014 and there is no real rise.

EDIT: Whoever said that Destiny might kill Halo was raising the bar too high for Bungie, because in the past, Bungie has been an incompetent developer much like a certain someone is right now. I won't ''point names and give fingers'' to who it might be. (Captain Jack Sparrow reference)

Edited by -Stealer-L1F3

You can't argue against Chris Roberts' project - Star Citizen - beating the utter wind out of Warframe's lungs and leaving it grasping for air. Chris Roberts was the guy who created the world-famous Wing Commander series after all.

Infinity: Battlescape, just by its looks alone and the small, tight-knit group of developers holds so much promise. Besides, there's a lot of content revealed to the players and infinitely large amounts coming at us (Literally, like, a procedurally generated galaxy with hundreds of millions of planets to land on, explore, and do so much more.)

Project: Contingency will bring the Halo love back to the PC and it's a Microsoft-blessed fan project meant to be the ultimate free-to-play with NO transactions.

Also, UndeadGhostWarrior, I meant people as in the players. I've seen a rapid decline in player numbers since the beginning of 2014 and there is no real rise.

EDIT: Whoever said that Destiny might kill Halo was raising the bar too high for Bungie, because in the past, Bungie has been an incompetent developer much like a certain someone is right now. I won't ''point names and give fingers'' to who it might be. (Captain Jack Sparrow reference)

You can't be serious. Whatever chris roberts is up to has no relation to gameplay of warframe in any way. They just both are "space game in future", that is setting not the typs of game.

Contingency? Yeah I've read about them. Good luck with that ABSOLUTE NO FINANCIAL SUPPORT Project.

Infinity battlescape. Are we listing spaceship simulators here? What any relation does thay hold to warframe. I mean star citizen at least have something like cod style fps thay can't actually be tied to warframe but yeah, what does this have similar to warframe?

Edited by Cemges

You can't be serious. Whatever chris roberts is up to has no relation to gameplay of warframe in any way. They just both are "space game in future", that is setting not the typs of game.

Contingency? Yeah I've read about them. Good luck with that ABSOLUTE NO FINANCIAL SUPPORT Project.

Chris Roberts' game has already dragged many Warframe players away. It will drag even more just for it being the perfect space simulation with exploration and true open-world.

Contingency has already made huge progress and it's nearing closed beta. Financial support isn't required, because... well, because they're building a game on top of the CryEngine which is basically the same as modding.

There is a plain english EULA when you install the game that basically says "it's beta, we can do basically anything we want to your account, the only exception being we won't take away your platinum (e.g. if you've spent $50 on plat, spent in on stuff in game, and DE resets everybody's accounts, you'll have $50 worth of platinum available)."

There are laws that protect your basic rights so they can't bury something in the EULA that makes you their literal slave, but unfortunately there is no fundamental right to XPs and formae'd up Boltor Primes.  The courts have upheld that we basically own nothing when we "purchase" software (it's only a license to use the software that AFAIK the company can revoke if you so much as look sideways at them) so I'm betting DE's EULA would fully protect them in the case of a reset, provided they maintain your purchased amount of platinum.

EULA or no, a massive number of people would be raging pissed by a reset and would quit the game then and there, so in all likelihood Warframe is in perpetual beta.