Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raid Bosses Will Need A Wipe Ability

(PSN)kiddplay13

Looking at the Hot Topics i see "Boss must be defeated within certain time limit" is the least popular vote. In almost every game with Raids, they have a "Wipe" feature. Wipe is when the Boss does a special move to kill the entire party to prevent kiting. Kiting is when players are doing very specific measures to prevent dying in certain situations, examples would be hiding behind a crate so that the boss cant kill you, simply avoiding all his attacks without any retaliation, or easing his health away inch by inch. Anyway back on track our powers, especially in Warframe would make kiting a very easy thing to do. With our minute long invincibilities, Invulnerable states, kiting will be a cinch. Please don't mess up raids DE and add Wipes.

Wipe Definition: A Wipe is a situation where the entire party or raid is killed. Sometimes referred to in other games as a "TPK" (Total Party Kill) or "TPW" (Total Party Wipe). 

Kiting:The act of kiting is a combat tactic of a player character keeping a mob or another player at a certain distance, usually out of melee distance but within ranged attack, and luring the pursuer toward your direction while dealing damage at the same time.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

For PC next week Kiting will be all but impossible. :) Accuracy is being fixed.

No longer will Host have to suffer, now Host and Client will have enemy accuracy be the same regardless of Lag. :D Now you guys with your lagging internet won't be dodging bullets left and right.

(the DE is going to nerf accuracy with this update next week, but idk by how much however no longer will clients have nerfed accuracy due to lag/latency. Basically enemy accuracy is dependent on how well of a connection you have to the host, the worse the worse the enemies accuracy. So next week the DE is fixing that and lag will no longer effect accuracy. :D)

Edited by Feallike

What does that have to do with Wiping?

nyx absorb is immunity and makes all damage be shot back out however that costs X amount of energy. Even though a WIPE would probably doing 1m damage and would just go through it since attacks that do to much damage do go through absorb. :/

Edited by Feallike

nyx absorb is immunity and makes all damage be shot back out. Even though a WIPE would probably doing 1m damage and would just go through it since attacks that do to much damage do go through absorb. :/

I'm 1000000% sure DE will have a countermeasure for that. Wiping move is incoming---> Boss uses Dispel--> Gets rid of Absorb and all powers----> Does wiping move.

To avoid wiping you need to go into "invulnerable" mode, Nyx's 4 is one of those things.

And you think DE won't have countermeasure for that?

I wipe could still be implemented in the raid bosses

There just has to be an ability on the raid bosses that prevents the warframes from using their power during the attack that can cause a party wipe.

could be anything from complete energy drain to a system failure in the warframes that causes their powers to stop working.

Edit: Misunderstood the wipe term

Edited by Sev7n

Every game doesn't have to play like World of warcraft you know.

Theres plenty of ways of making the boss stronger and more challenging than imposing a hard and a soft enrage timer on every single goddamn raid.

Many games have a Wipe feature, i never even play World of Warcraft a day in my life, i just pulled their definitions. 

I am waiting for a big boss to use Switch Teleport to him.

So you want everyone to play Nyx and force people to use 4 instead ?

Wipe only works in games where there is a huge class playstyle and role difference. This isn't one of those games.

This.

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

So suddenly it's "against the rules" to play the game tactically?  Why is using cover a bad thing?  Why is playing to an enemies weakness frowned upon?  Am I missing something or what?

There's a huge difference between tactical and straight up cheating. Hiding behind a crate so the boss can't even touch you isn't even fair.

Common stuff I was thinking is DE might make the bosses have 90% immunity to debuffs (Ex. instead of having a 100% damage boost on Mprime, it will only have 10% damage boost as well as 7.5% slow), a dispell that would remove any lingering ability effect with a reasonable cooldown and ways to disrupt our Warframes directly.

A mechanic also that forces player to do something or else be wiped (as mentioned) is nice.

I wipe could still be implemented in the raid bosses (and hopefully is).

There just has to be an ability on the raid bosses that prevents the warframes from using their power during the attack that can cause a party wipe.

could be anything from complete energy drain to a system failure in the warframes that causes their powers to stop working.

Exactly, if it takes you 20+ minutes to kill a boss you DESERVE to be wiped.

I'm 1000000% sure DE will have a countermeasure for that. Wiping move is incoming---> Boss uses Dispel--> Gets rid of Absorb and all powers----> Does wiping move.

You are actually trying to add a mechanic(cheap 1 shots) that most players hate ?

This isn't an mmorpg where the same mechanics can be applied.

We don't have class and role diversity(or what we have is very, very limited)

We don't have the ability to properly upgrade your warframe other than very basic armor mod/hp/shields as opposed to mmorpgs having ability to refine and upgrade each armor piece for either pve/pvp, tanking/healing/dps, burst dps/sustained dps.

Right now the only boss "wipe" mechanics we can have is a ranged projectile that is can be negated by volts shield, limbo or frost(maybe)  and the most basic "floor is lava" [stand here] not to die aoe.

I still don't see why we need it.

Exploits should be fixed, not just forgotten, such as hiding in unreachable areas. I don't see why kiting is relevant to this game. Most bosses have ranged abilities.

I don't see why a boss would be made to make it easy to kite them.

It really just doesn't make sense without a system implemented.

Moved to GF.

I still don't see why we need it.

Exploits should be fixed, not just forgotten, such as hiding in unreachable areas. I don't see why kiting is relevant to this game. Most bosses have ranged abilities.

I don't see why a boss would be made to make it easy to kite them.

It really just doesn't make sense without a system implemented.

Moved to GF.

Ranged abilities doesn't stop Valkyr who is invincible to all damage, ranged attacks doesn't stop Limbo and Rift Walk. Ranged Attacks doesn't stop Hydroid and his puddle. That's why we need a Wipe ability.

Since you've not played wow a day in your life you can't tell me i don't know what wiping is.

Im playing blade and soul right now and there is plenty of wiping in that game from bosses, so i know what im talking about.

Im playing a mage and to avoid wipes from bosses i have to use a skill that puts everyone near me in ice, which makes them invulnerable but they can't move.

There is another boss that gives you 3mins to kill him, after that you die and have to restart. He also grabs you from time to time and takes off seconds off the timer. You have to use some sort of skill that makes you have invulnerable frames to avoid it.

Is this not the wipe mechanic you have in your mind ?

For those who don't know: Wipes ONLY occur when you fail to kill the boss in X amount of time. If it takes you 20+ minutes to kill a boss, you deserve to get wiped as you clearly don't have the skill/gear for killing the boss. Wiping is not a common occurrence and is very different from Cheap One Shots. If you get wiped, all it shows is that you're team is unprepared for said boss. if Wiping work in literally every other game that has it, why would it be a problem for Warframe?