Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Missions More Like Dark Sector Conflicts.

Innocent_Flower

This isn't about PVP or the weird leveling up system. We're talking both level and mission design. 

The PVP layout is infinitely better than what we normally do... which is to say; Spend a lot of time running through nothingness. 

Seriously. Dark sectors have it much better. 

Hack these two modules.

Then Destroy these things

Then open up and destroy the core. 

Or prevent the enemy from doing so, whilst trying to exhaust their lives. 

In comparison to

Run for a long time to the objective. 

Do the objective

Run for a long distance to the next objective

Do the same objective.

Run to extract.  

Dark sector objectives, both attacking and defending, are fundamentally better than the standard system. They involve more skill and less patience (even during stalemates). There's an innate sense of progression within the mission,more variety in smaller moments, and the whole experience just feels better. 

It'd be much better to have missions like defence be more dynamic, like dark sectors, or for missions like sabotage to be more condensed, like dark sectors. Less need to sprint past everything and more emphasis on fighting (or stealth, Tighter mission design would be better for stealth, if you're into that) 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

More dynamic PvE missions would be nice, but it won't stop people from rushing to the objective(s) and completing them as quickly as possible...

True, but it would be fun for solo players or people who play with friends/clanmates and decided not to rush

This reminds me of : 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/354102-dark-sector-badlands-expanding-the-foundations/

Personally, I feel many of the ideas supplied by the above thread should be implemented game-wide in an ever-increasing curve from mercury to pluto and then amped up in the void / derelict / badlands. (leaving the initial solar rail control and subsequent taxes as they are)

It would definitely keep me more interested.

I agree to this but ONLY for sabotage missions.

But it'd so work on: 

Mobile defence.

Defence 

Sabotage

Assassinate

Hijack

Exterminate

You could also put interception or excavation in a stage of one of the above, or in a raid. 

Only thing it wouldn't work on is capture and rescue (though with a longer more spaced version somewhere between old and new they could work.) survival wouldn't work. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

All missions should be like Invictus?

If running through nothing is boring then getting rid of the nothingness by putting something there solves that problem.  There used to be a time in Warframe when we ran through hordes of enemies, not nothingness.  The nothingness is due to the nerfed spawn code.  Unnerf the spawn code, problem solved.

Edited by ThePresident777

All missions should be like Invictus?

If running through nothing is boring then getting rid of the nothingness by putting something there solves that problem.  There used to be a time in Warframe when we ran through hordes of enemies, not nothingness.  The nothingness is due to the nerfed spawn code.  Unnerf the spawn code, problem solved.

now that network compression has been improved. (in essence reducing the network requirements for those hordes) then i'm all for this.

things do seem a bit empty lately.