Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerning Gore, Player Feedback, And General Blow-By-Blow Combat.

Aspari

Skip to 3:47.

I've seen a lot of complaints that enemies just seem to shrug off bullets yet still take full damage. I've also seen complaints that the gore in the game could be improved by a huge degree. I think this video clip here explains how to make a slaughterhouse of a game more gratifying and visually sensible. 

I only post this because I agree with a lot of the gore and death animation criticism. It's disappointing to cut into a Grineer Lancer then just see the body flop to the floor with no indication that I actually assaulted him and murdered him with a bladed weapon.

Edited by Aspari

Skip to 3:47.

I've seen a lot of complaints that enemies just seem to shrug off bullets yet still take full damage. I've also seen complaints that the gore in the game could be improved by a huge degree. I think this video clip here explains how to make a slaughterhouse of a game more gratifying and visually sensible. 

I only post this because I agree with a lot of the gore and death animation criticism. It's disappointing to cut into a Grineer Lancer then just see the body flop to the floor with no indication that I actually assaulted him and murdered him with a bladed weapon.

+1 I feel if this was put in the game, I'd play it a lot more. Wonder how animations would go with the Boltor family of weapons..

well this game had way more gore before but they took it off since it was messing your shot

You are right but I don't think it ever bugged me :/ 

I know everything changed with Damage 2.0 and Melee 2.0 - but I miss the days of seeing Corpus Crewman blast up flames and then get shredded to bits as I slice through him.  

Now its like they die and random body parts that aren't even part of the model appear on the ground...

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

well this game had way more gore before but they took it off since it was messing your shot

That was really only the ice death animation that caused issues. It significantly slowed the current death animation (the one where they briefly flail around the flop onto the floor) and back then hardly anyone used the Punch Through mods because they were so darn expensive. Ice death animations don't work like that anymore but then again it seems like they don't happen period.

The rest of the gore in U7 that isn't present since Damage 2.0 wasn't a problem. It was still lacking back then too.

Now its like they die and random body parts that aren't even part of the model appear on the ground...

These can be pretty random, I find. Especially when you slaughter something like an Infested Charger and get a leg and a hand... that doesn't sit as fitting with me.

More gore would be welcome with the option to disable it, and in a seriously grindy, mass slaughter game like Warframe, it would be nice for our kills to be somewhat more satisfying. I get that we're a long way from this; Area based damage/decapitation would need new models, new animations, etc.

Still, it's something to dream about.

If anything I'd like to see the death animations something more related to how they died at the least.

It's weird hitting someone with a hammer and they get chopped up instead.

I'm not expecting a ton of blood and guts but just something to show us some more feedback from going through all these enemies.

Tripwire's GORE system is pretty advanced and I don't think Warframe needs anything that advanced but as said before at least some level of gore/blood would be neat.