The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc/q&a/recruiting]The Setup, Redux & The Lounge

SpaceHelicopters

I have spent the last two days doing nothing but powering through Fallout 4

I have gone through a @(*()$ M. Night Shamylan twist that would spoil damn-near half the game if I told anyone.

AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO I WANT TO SUPPORT

Railroad (Freedom for Synths!) Institute (We SAY we want to help people, but we're all morally ambiguous.) Minutemen (People of the Commonwealth unite!) or Brotherhood of Steel (I don't care what anyone thinks, if they have zeppelins, they're either Orcs or Nazis.)

I was contemplating to just kill them all and go gun-a-mano DUKE-NUKEM style crazy on everything.

I settled on Minutemen.

Cause history.

Whoa, dude, don't be mean to Maina. Q_Q She's the most gentle Tenno out there. 

I'm not being mean. Mania, though my view of it is slightly twisted thanks to The Shivering Isle, is the lighter (though admittedly not exactly the best) side of madness/eccentricity.

And Manic Dream Pixie-oh, zog it, TV Tropes.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ManicPixieDreamGirl

Not Mania, ghost.

Maina.

And honestly, do I really need to answer that character question up there?

Okay I guess I will anyways, just for kicks.

Aegia would end up becoming Aegis, a Rhino with a penchant for using two Brunts as melee weapons. Because dual shields are amazing and you can't tell me otherwise.

Personality-wise, I don't think there'd be much of a change, except for the whole "slightly unstable around Volts" thing. All in all, a lovable Rhino with a heart of gold that's slightly overprotective of his friends and loves to joke around during downtime.

So not much change, like I said :P

Edited by Starnsy_Warnsy

I'm not being mean. Mania, though my view of it is slightly twisted thanks to The Shivering Isle, is the lighter (though admittedly not exactly the best) side of madness/eccentricity.

And Manic Dream Pixie-oh, zog it, TV Tropes.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ManicPixieDreamGirl

You indeed did misread the name. Maina is hardly manic, though the tropes point into the right general direction.

I was talking about the mental illness, not the character!

Somehow that sentence reminded me about when Sniper talked to his dad through the phone (Don't ask why though..).

"Dad? Dad, I'm a- Ye- Not a "crazed gunman", dad, I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's a mental sickness!" - Transcripted part from "Meet the Sniper"

Edited by WolfmanX9

But....genderbending OCs. I don't...

It could be worse.

It honestly could be wor-

WAIT A MOMENT

NEEEEEW QUESTIOOOOON!

Oh no! A frenzied scientist has put his photonic disruptor in your quantum harmonizer, resulting in a freak accident that has teleported your OC to the world of Fallout!

What would they do, provided they survive the first few hours?

Hexer: Make an attempt to form a PMC group dedicated to re-uniting America and cleaning up the continent, one city at a time.

Umbra: Take random merc contracts, earn some caps, gather some loot and make some attempt to make Wasteland life easier for the little guys.

And of course, tame Mirelurks. Starting with the Queens.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/583575429729512569/621C2FA037D5044312C4F3111A492889C81E3599/

OH JESUS MONKEY @(*()$ CHRIST WHY

Sab'd go searching for that slingshot that fires mini nukes.

Nium would develop his own secured sanctuary in order to preserve and advance the technologies neccessary to introduce the Tenno into the world of Fallout.

Greed would open a bottle cap factory to cause mass inflation and economic collapse in an already collapsed civilisation.

Yay money!

Sab'd go searching for that slingshot that fires mini nukes.

Nium would develop his own secured sanctuary in order to preserve and advance the technologies neccessary to introduce the Tenno into the world of Fallout.

Greed would open a bottle cap factory to cause mass inflation and economic collapse in an already collapsed civilisation.

Yay money!

You ever used or heard of the Experiemental MIRV? The one from FO3 that launches 8 at once?

You can build it from ANY Fat Man in FO4, provided you have the relevant perks (Gun Nut and Science, both at level 4)

And there's a Fat Man variant that shoots two for the price of one.

Sixteen Mini-nukes for the price of ONE. SINGLE. MINI-NUKE.

Meanwhile, with the Arbalest Union of Settlements...
-Hexer standing atop a fortification, surveying a battlefield where there are dozens of dead BoS Knights, Lancers and what have you-
"Fuckin' Nazis..."

And yes, the BoS have become Nazis.

AND SARAH LYONS IS DEAAAAD *breaks down crying*

I just had the closest shave possible.

I was wandering the Boston wasteland, looting as I usually am, when I come across an area with a few ghouls about. Take them out, nothing serious. Then I find four Protectrons in charge pods. I leave them alone, because I have no use. Continue exploring, I find a ruined cabin in the same area.
With an Alpha Deathclaw.

While I am level 13.

I bravely stood my ground until I realized that Dogmeat was distracting it, then I ran for the nearest non-deathclaw-occupied shack. Which had the robots.

Cue three frantic and frustrated hacking attempts (ending with the unlock cheat) later, I activate the four protectrons, which were a Construction Worker (nailgun), an Emergency Responder (defibrillator fists), a Fireman (cryogenic spray) and a police officer (robo fisticuffs.)
They killed the Deathclaw in three seconds.

A @(*()$ ALPHA DEATHCLAW GOT CURBSTOMPED BY FOUR GUYS LESS THAN HALF ITS LEVEL.

To quote my robotic rescuers: LAW. AND. ORDER. HAS. PREVAILED.