Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Syandana Locking Is Counter-Productive

Llyssa

Then why the hell would you start with making Syndicate Syanadas tradable?

You are just destroying it forther. 

All mods and weapons are tradable already. Why limit it there then? Making syanada's untrable doesn't make it more loyal. Everyone can obtain everything by grinding. That doesn't make anything loyal. Thats because like mentioned the syndicate system is broken and doesn't in any way represent loyalty.

All mods and weapons are tradable already. 

You said it already: All mods and weapons (i.e.: things that affect gameplay in a large way) are tradable. Not Sigils, Restores (I think) and Syanadas, all of which do not affect gameplay, or affect gameplay just so slightly (because the Large Restores just restore a bit more than the Medium Team Ammo Restores). 

Everyone can obtain everything by grinding. That doesn't make anything loyal. Thats because like mentioned the syndicate system is broken and doesn't in any way represent loyalty.

Then I also restate the question: Why would you go on to further destroy that system by making Syanadas tradable?

You said it already: All mods and weapons (i.e.: things that affect gameplay in a large way) are tradable. Not Sigils, Restores (I think) and Syanadas, all of which do not affect gameplay, or affect gameplay just so slightly (because the Large Restores just restore a bit more than the Medium Team Ammo Restores). 

Then I also restate the question: Why would you go on to further destroy that system by making Syanadas tradable?

If you ask me all should be tradable. Its because we're only talking about the syandana's currently.

Because its already broken to the core. And how would making them tradable would destroy it further?

If you ask me all should be tradable. Its because we're only talking about the syandana's currently.

Then you, my friend, should probably look up why Syndicates have these rules in the first place. 

Because its already broken to the core. And how would making them tradable would destroy it further?

It still has a few pieces unbroken yet. Allowing Syanadas to be traded will break what is left of the core. 

Then you, my friend, should probably look up why Syndicates have these rules in the first place. 

It still has a few pieces unbroken yet. Allowing Syanadas to be traded will break what is left of the core. 

Ok but explain first how would making them tradable make it more broken?

Ok but explain first how would making them tradable make it more broken?

By making them tradable, Syndicates simply become just one huge homogenous blob, because it does not matter what Syndicate you choose, you can always get stuff from other Syndicates for just a few bucks. 

By making them tradable, Syndicates simply become just one huge homogenous blob, because it does not matter what Syndicate you choose, you can always get stuff from other Syndicates for just a few bucks. 

So? You can still get them all. Syndicates are already a huge blob. Nothing about it is loyalty based. Its just another grind system. I don't mind a bit of grind but warframes bases everything around it and uses it at a crutch to make up for non existing content.

I assume you also meant exclusive excab' skin + prime accessory + prime excab?

Well, it's "all" you'r using here, it's a BIG word.

We're talking about syndicates here. You can safely assume by all I meant all syndicate related items.

So? You can still get them all. Syndicates are already a huge blob. 

In which the addition of the Syanadas is the first step to start differentiating different Syndicate further. 

Its just another grind system. I don't mind a bit of grind but warframes bases everything around it and uses it at a crutch to make up for non existing content.

And so?

Really, those items are cosmetics. Why would you perceive it as a bad grind? I mean, you can just get Syndicate points from killing anything in a mission. 

In which the addition of the Syanadas is the first step to start differentiating different Syndicate further. 

And so?

Really, those items are cosmetics. Why would you perceive it as a bad grind? I mean, you can just get Syndicate points from killing anything in a mission. 

Because there's already too much grind in the game. The syndicates represent nothing in the loyalty. There is no harm in making them tradable. In fact it would improve it. Players wouldnt have to mindlessly grind to get the item they want. Players that sell them can earn a few plat. Which in turn would help the game fund. I really don't see how making them tradable would break the system any more then it already is.

My syndicate will always say exactly what it said before. Every cosmetic I wear is representative of an aspect of loyalty. No matter how many times people say that loyalty is not an aspect within the game, it still is; those people simply do not think the way of others.

Making them tradeable absolutely ruins this. It becomes a marketing ploy.

If you could sell Tac alert badges, would you be more inclined to complete the mission as an example of your loyalty of high expectation, or to turn a profit later down the road? I'm sure there are exceptions and illogical possibilities within that example, but that isn't the point as the question is hypothetical.

The point is, I want items that do not motivate me to turn a profit off of. I feel the syandanas are perfect items for this, the same as event badges. If you do not complete the event/Syndicate, you do not get the badge/syandana.

That is all I want to say regarding this topic, so as to represent my view on the subject.

I care not be subjected to hypocritical statements in the discussion as has happened in a topic of similar want beforehand. This is just a notice to inform I will not reply further

This.

People just want more plat they can't (or won't) pay for it seems. =B Darn shame.

Edited by littlewomba

Because there's already too much grind in the game. The syndicates represent nothing in the loyalty. 

That is your opinion on what Syndicates are, so I am not going to argue with that. 

There is no harm in making them tradable. In fact it would improve it. Players wouldnt have to mindlessly grind to get the item they want. 

Implying that all players are mindlessly grinding, are we? 

And really, this is the first time where players have to choose to get something, which is something new in Warframe (apart from Invasions, but that mechanic is now rather rotten). 

Players that sell them can earn a few plat. Which in turn would help the game fund. I really don't see how making them tradable would break the system any more then it already is.

With that, Syndicates (and the cosmetic items that come along with it) might as well be non-existent, and a shop would be replaced that allows players to buy whatever they want (i.e.: Worthless). 

Since this is just another instance of the same thread i'll just copypaste my post from the other one:

COPY PASTE:

This thread won't ever see the end because the reasons for making them tradeable/untradeable will always be subjective depending how individual players enjoy the game most.

People who don't give a **** about syndicates want them to be tradeable because to them Syandanas are nothing more than another cosmetic item and Syndicates nothing more than a grind wall behind whatever they want from them is gated.

People who want syndicates to be an important part of the game want them to be untradeable because of what they symbolize.

Myself, for example:
I don't particularly like any of them aesthetically speaking, yet i will constantly wear my syndicate's syandana regardless because of what it respresents, I'm a proud New Loka Supporter.

Seeing a Suda player wearing a New Loka syandana is the same as seeing a soldier from a country you are at war with using your uniform and flag. It just makes no sense.
If syndicates syandanas became tradeable, i wolud not wear any of them ever again as they would lose all value to me.
would yo dress as an enemy just cause it looks pretty? no way!

But this arguments are pointless anyway cause i can't tell you how to have fun the same way you can't tell me. There is no right or wrong in this matter.

You care about the item's visuals more than what they respresent.
I care about what they respresent more than their visuals.

We won't EVER reach an agreement unless we both see this form the same perspective, that's the real issue here.

DE has two posibble solutions that i can think of:
1) Develop syndicates more in order to make them more appealing to more players as more than just an item store.
2) Acknowlegde the Syndicate allegiance mechanic as a failure and remove it.

As it is now, making them tradeable or keeping them untradeable is a really empty choice since you'd get angry players either way.

if DE wants to be lazy about it they could just make a poll and do what most of the players want...it won't fix the issue on the long run, though....

NOT COPY PASTED:

I think everyone here agrees on one thing: The syndicate system adds nothing to the game right now.
But just because it's bad it doesn't justify making it even worse. We should ask for the system to be fixed, not for bandaids.

Edited by Lunaroh

They should not be traded but if they are and you are wearing a top rank cosmetic you should be hunted by that factions enemies. If you were to put on colors for one gang and walk around you may attract the attention of a rival gang even if you are only wearing a Hells Angels back patch because you think it looks cool the Gypsy Jokers may cut your throat. If you put on a generals uniform and walk around the trenches you may get sniped. At the moment when I see syndicate cosmetic in a mission i can figure on the possibility of a hit squad showing up.

my $0.02

SM >.<

They should not be traded but if they are and you are wearing a top rank cosmetic you should be hunted by that factions enemies. If you were to put on colors for one gang and walk around you may attract the attention of a rival gang even if you are only wearing a Hells Angels back patch because you think it looks cool the Gypsy Jokers may cut your throat. If you put on a generals uniform and walk around the trenches you may get sniped. At the moment when I see syndicate cosmetic in a mission i can figure on the possibility of a hit squad showing up.

my $0.02

SM >.<

This

OP, the reasons the weapons and mods are tradeable is because they affect gameplay. DE even said this, it was so that no syndicate would be chosen because it was objectively "better" due to percieved better rewards (could you imagine how bad it would be if weapons WEREN'T tradeable? The only syndicate anyone would be in is Suda and maybe Steel Meridian).

Beyond that, all cosmetic options are not tradeable because they are intended to represent something. to show your views, wear your team colors, wave your flag, etc. That is what syndicates are INTENDED to be, the weapons and mods being tradeable is only to stop a syndicate meta from getting too bad.

If you want syndicate syandanas to be tradeable, then you don't want syndicates to represent something. At all. I think that's the root of this issue. Now I'm not being judgmental or trying to say your opinion is bad, I'm just pointing out that your beef is with the mere existence of the system than with the tradeability of the syandanas in particular.

• 3 weeks later...