The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo's Blackmarket Could Function As An Auction Trade System

Liquidushime

I would like something via Dojo too sell our items creating a room that acts as the Dojos action house were all our items we are selling are encased in glass or on display in some sorts. Kinda like how art exhibits work just with Tenno gear.

Either that or auction houses at the relays would be nice.

That would be a cool idea. I just want an auction house. After that you just limit it by mastery rank (because gold sellers or whatevers money hungry creatures lurk around) are typically lazy.

That would be a cool idea. I just want an auction house. After that you just limit it by mastery rank (because gold sellers or whatevers money hungry creatures lurk around) are typically lazy.

And you want an auction house to be lazy so its a win win for you right?

And you want an auction house to be lazy so its a win win for you right?

Exactly. Less time getting frustrated at not getting a sell and lurking the trade chat. More playing while I wait for things to sell so I can buy slots and accept all these bad weapons I've been unable to grab. An auction house doesn't change the game, it changes the trade, for the better in my opinion.

Exactly. Less time getting frustrated at not getting a sell and lurking the trade chat. More playing while I wait for things to sell so I can buy slots and accept all these bad weapons I've been unable to grab. An auction house doesn't change the game, it changes the trade, for the better in my opinion.

You do know this would cause a decrease in what everything is sold for by people constantly under cutting the current lowest price over and over

I think this idea would work out; driving prices down usually happens anyhow, especially when you try to sell something at the price you want to. You see someone selling something at a lower price and you have to match it or you have to go lower. It's the way the market works.

This is a great idea. It would make it so much easier to buy things instead of constantly putting up a WTB just to have no one respond.

And the items would sell themselves.

At first the market would probably sell out quickly, but later on it would allow for less popular items that people can't be bothered to sell, to be found.

It would also help alleviate some of the rudeness of trade chat.

Atm, even if I want to buy something I'm hesitant to go to trade chat, because I don't really feel like dealing with:

-Getting a ton of responses

-rude sellers

-people backing out of trades

-just standing in the liset/dojo posting over and over

Edit:

Does DE check general discussions? If not, this needs to be in feedback so they can see it.

Edited by (PS4)timbob90210

This is a great idea. It would make it so much easier to buy things instead of constantly putting up a WTB just to have no one respond.

And the items would sell themselves.

At first the market would probably sell out quickly, but later on it would allow for less popular items that people can't be bothered to sell, to be found.

It would also help alleviate some of the rudeness of trade chat.

Atm, even if I want to buy something I'm hesitant to go to trade chat, because I don't really feel like dealing with:

-Getting a ton of responses

-rude sellers

-people backing out of trades

-just standing in the liset/dojo posting over and over

Edit:

Does DE check general discussions? If not, this needs to be in feedback so they can see it.

I don't know if DE check general discussion but I'm pretty sure this type of thread should be in feedback 

I like this idea so far

If this really happening in the future,a stock cores to be sold for the amount of plat needed like (selling 500 Rare 5 Cores for 550 Platinum)

at Darvo auction.Make the item sell it self like Steam Market Community (with unlimited access *No More Using Trading Session Per Day*)

That would great

I like this idea so far

If this really happening in the future,a stock cores to be sold for the amount of plat needed like (selling 500 Rare 5 Cores for 550 Platinum)

at Darvo auction.Make the item sell it self like Steam Market Community (with unlimited access *No More Using Trading Session Per Day*)

That would great

A new player with tons of money can just walk in and essentially be fully geared because there's no repercussion of buying the mods with the platinum they bought.

This isn't really fair to the players who don't have money and also the players who farmed for said mods / bps.

With the current trade system it inhibits players to just buy the mods instead of actually obtaining them through gameplay, they can only trade (Mastery rank) amount of times per day, there's also a defaulted trade tax that requires credits. This in turn makes the player earn credits and rank up for more trades per day.

Edited by Heroicleopard

A new player with tons of money can just walk in and essentially be fully geared because there's no repercussion of buying the mods with the platinum they bought.

This isn't really fair to the players who don't have money and also the players who farmed for said mods / bps.

With the current trade system it inhibits players to just buy the mods instead of actually obtaining them through gameplay, they can only trade (Mastery rank) amount of times per day, there's also a defaulted trade tax that requires credits. This in turn makes the player earn credits and rank up for more trades per day.

De could use the same limits to Darvo's Blackmarket. You can auction (mastery rank) times per day. I think each sell should be an auction and a small credit tax could be taken. 

• 1 month later...

Now that I've actually seen Darvo's Market, I'm terrible disappointed. Nothing for non-cash folks? No resource conversion/trading? No extra warframe part trading? No auction anything (I didn't expect this anyhow so it's minor.) It's just a constant Darvo deal? People like myself (with a lot of stuff) don't necessarily need those deals. I want somewhere to use all these alloy plate. This felt like a small let down. I suppose some people can buy things they want when there on sale? 

I would definitely add more. Darvo could be the opposite of the void trader. He could have Dual stats mods, newer rare or uncommon mods, and other things like regular cosmetics. There's a lot of potential for something that would benefit everyone. And regular warframes should be tradable, I mean the prime are the next step up and the void is going away partially.

Ah the "traders" of warframe. Calling it undercutting, but in reality, it's called reaching price equilibrium. Grab a book on supply and demand, or economics if you will. Prices will go low so much as long as supply exceeds demand, up until the supply meets demand, once demand exceeds supply, they will go up again, and so it goes. One outcome will happen, is that it will reduce the ripping off happening in the trade window and people will pay prices that the entire game community as a whole deems fair. That's why they oppose it, they won't be able to rip people off with absurd offers (where they even have the guts to call cheaper forum prices posted the same day "outdated"), since any buyer will be able to see all the offers available driven by supply and demand at any given time. Some rare items may in fact get more expensive, but others and probably most, may get cheaper.

Edited by nms64

I would like to see an auction house type concept in Warframe to replace trade IF AND ONLY IF implemented correctly (see below). As far as Davro is concerned, I'm pretty such has already has a designated functionality that he will be receiving eventually - so no need to connect him to that as well.

In order to have a auction house style trade system that doesn't completely obliterate any sort of semblance of an economy in Warframe, you absolutely positively MUST make the entire system anonymous and blind.

How to make an auction house style trade system work:

- The seller puts the item(s) up that they want to sell and gives the item(s) a buyout price and a timer (timer would have a maximum, like 3 days or something). At no time can any of the information, such as buyout price, player bids, or the identities of the players involved be made visible to the public with the exception of the auction timer and the item(s) themselves. This is paramount to ensure the process of bidding is fair and upholds the true economic value of an item (aka what the players deem as fair prices).

- Then, prospective buyers would come along and place bids on the items they want - these bids would be invisible to everyone except the seller (but the identity of the bidders is still invisible to the seller and vice versa).

- During the time the items are active in the auction house, the prospective buyers can increase their bid at any time, and the seller can accept any of the bids made for his or her items at any time during the auction period.

- If a player bids high enough that they reach or exceed the buyout price set by the seller, the auction is immediately ended and the item is delivered to the winner of that auction.

- If none of those parameters are met, then highest bid is the winner and all other platinum bid on items is returned to their prospective buyers.

- The seller can cancel the whole process at any time during the auction, but bidders cannot retract their bids once they have been made (this would need clear indication in the UI before a player bids on an item).

- Items could be sold individually or grouped together, so long as all the contents are listed appropriately.

- Lastly, a system like this would need its own dedicated portion of the UI, wherever that happens to be located (ie. dojo, relays, integrated to menu, etc.) and MUST be easy to navigate, organize, and search so that players aren't buried by the thousands of auctions happening simultaneously and can locate the specific item(s) they want to bid on.

I think this would work fine, there won't be any "undercutting" since people can't see what they're bidding against.

It kind of reminds me of the auctions in the original "Warpfire".... - the part where it kept your money regardless if you won the auction or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I still think this method of auction would work out. I'm sad that Darvo doesn't get any glory being a merchant. He could be like a non void Baro, except he could cycle ever weeks and still offer Darvo's Deals without breaking anything. I really want an auction house. The trade chat is more personal and annoying. It could be governed by Mastery Rank (starting at Rank 2 like trading) and he could have a mod of the day (chosen out of the more rare, non-nightmare pools of mods we have.) It would serve as a way to random stop grind for mods that are uncommon, but never show up. 

While transmutation is a credit and mod dump, this could be a way to encourage going back to get extra warframe parts and weapon parts to sell. Also, DE could set it up so his inventory is based off what people sell him. They get money/currency, he sells their mods (also functioning as an auction house) and allows more plat to be moved quicker, also helping players reach goals faster with rushing (plus DE can't be mad with people buying and selling so much plat. It makes them more money overall.)

(***Also post 200 :P***)

Edited by Liquidushime

Title.

You got to Darvo, pay to put something up and have him "sell" is for you. Another player looks at his list and buys your item. You get mailed the platinum OR trade item you wanted. He could also buy things from players (non-void items of course) and offer credits of have his own currency like the void trader. It would kill three birds with one stone. 

-Also trade could be limited like dojo trades are (Mastery = number of trades to darvo per day. 

I smell an inflation of prices should an auction or trading house-like system to be implemented in WF.

I smell an inflation of prices should an auction or trading house-like system to be implemented in WF.

Maybe for a bit, but there are less greedy players that would drive prices down a bit more. Some mods are going to stay high priced because they aren't in the game except to those that did events, so they will be high until they come out. I would trade more if I didn't have to sludge through the trade chat window posting WTS/WTB every minute or so because the chat is moving at mach speed. 

I often see auction houses as a "pay to win" option in most MMOs. Kinda bugs me. But, if done right, this could help streamline the current trade system without breaking the game. *has horrific flashbacks of Diablo*

For example: what stops me from buying a pile of cheap prime parts and dumping them for ducats to get a sweet primed mod?

Edited by AutoPhox

I often see auction houses as a "pay to win" option in most MMOs. Kinda bugs me. But, if done right, this could help streamline the current trade system without breaking the game. *has horrific flashbacks of Diablo*

For example: what stops me from buying a pile of cheap prime parts and dumping them for ducats to get a sweet primed mod?

People already do it. Right now it's just more annoying and full of "type then wait" With an auction house, the only thing to sift through is the prices. It would be fast, more efficient and with as much grind and waiting already in the game, it would have more structure. 

Example: Someone auctions a Primed Chamber for 4000 plat

Everyone can see it, who will buy it? Now another person lowers that price 3500 plat. Someone buys immediately (could even be the guy selling for 4000 plat wanting to get rid of the competition, but now he needs more plat to replace that. So he goes to buy more plat from DE. (hypothetical & unlikely but everyone wins) All these trades for 1-25 plat could be done without spamming in the chat a million times and waiting for hours. The Mastery locked system would still encourage leveling up Mastery rank, and most people can only put up what...2-18 auctions? (Don't see many MR 20s and higher.

Overall it would be more efficient overall, and it would likely lessen the grind significantly. It does have to be done carefully of course, and the thing holding it all back is the fact that RNG is making certain things TOO VALUABLE. It's an overall increase in quality of life for all players.

Edited by Liquidushime

Maybe for a bit, but there are less greedy players that would drive prices down a bit more. Some mods are going to stay high priced because they aren't in the game except to those that did events, so they will be high until they come out. I would trade more if I didn't have to sludge through the trade chat window posting WTS/WTB every minute or so because the chat is moving at mach speed. 

Provided players from certain regions won't exactly get to take a peak on what players from other regions are selling their items for, it might be a bit twitchy. In Asia, we got players who sell roughly around 1-30% more than players in EU, NA East, and NA West. Not sure about the Oceania and South America regions though, but yeah. Anyways, I just don't want WF to follow the norm on MMOs (specifically the ones that lead games to the ground) like trading or auction houses. We got wftrading.net to "tell us" the prices, though its kind of just a reference (Tempo Royale's price still isn't stated, so thats an example of how not entirely accurate that is), but if an Auction or Trading House were to be implemented, I'm willing to bet that a Boltor Prime Set could (note: could) cost how much a Loki Prime Set is right now. Some aren't greedy, but there are some who are.