Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On The Stalker

Socksy

So, my group and I recently came into contact with the mysterious Stalker assassin, and we have some things that immediately jumped out to us:

He's a stupidly higher level than you.

He can jump you when you're fighting enemies.

He kills you instantly. (As in no ability to be picked up by other players, I should clarify.)

He hits like a truck.

He hates me.

A lot of these are tolerable. I feel special that he hates me, killing us instantly makes sense, jumping us when we fight enemies is just a good opportunity, and having him be a powerhouse makes him hard.

Something that we found really annoying, though, was when he spawned and killed one of us before we even loaded into the mission. Which was definitely not okay. And it could be nice to make him not immune to most of our abilities.

Edited by Socksy

He decided today to come after me 4 missions in a row. Im glad I had my Vandal with me all those times o: I was ranking Akbolto and Glaive during all the missions that he appeared lol.

In the past he also INSTANTLY made my screen flicker upon joining a round. And, yep he was after me. Eventhough I just joined he already was after me that fast lol

Edited by R3leaZ

I would also like to add that while it is awesome and creepy to have him stalking you, during solo play the fact that you know it's just going end up taking away one of your revives shifts it pretty far into the lame end of the spectrum.

I would also like to add that while it is awesome and creepy to have him stalking you, during solo play the fact that you know it's just going end up taking away one of your revives shifts it pretty far into the lame end of the spectrum.

^ This. He jumped me while I was leveling a warframe at lvl 8 while there were about 20 MOAs fighting me. In solo. -_-

So, my group and I recently came into contact with the mysterious Stalker assassin, and we have some things that immediately jumped out to us:

He kills you instantly. (As in no ability to be picked up by other players, I should clarify.)

He hits like a truck.

He hates me.

A lot of these are tolerable. I feel special that he hates me, killing us instantly makes sense, jumping us when we fight enemies is just a good opportunity, and having him be a powerhouse makes him hard.

Something that we found really annoying, though, was when he spawned and killed one of us before we even loaded into the mission. Which was definitely not okay. And it could be nice to make him not immune to most of our abilities.

what kind of truck are we talking about here A ford f-150 truck or an 18 wheeler. Well now you know what it feels like and can write a book called "The Life of A Ninja" starting with the Introduction "He Hates Me".

No seriously I think what they should add to the rhino charge attack is an AoE Dot of Shadow damage just to piss us off even more, and give him a smoke cloak so when he walks pass us it will screw with our vision even more while we stagger around and watch our commrads get pumbled by a few hits. Something that will change from "He hates me" to "WTF WAS THAT" !!! 

Something that will change from "He hates me" to "WTF WAS THAT" !!!

You missed the important part at the end.

That's the problem. Stalker is an interesting mechanic, but needs a minimum time before he can spawn in a mission, and a timer between taunts. Being the person who got gibbed with no revives, it was incredibly S#&$ty that I couldn't even fight back - Stalker spawned before anyone was in the match to stop him. It was "WTF WAS THAT?!" because 'that' was 'bullS#&$'. Edited by AnimusNaki

Well, he isn't that strong, when you got maxed weapon/modded well.

The thing is... (at least for me) he appear when I'm leveling some weak weapon not potatoed... u_u

And if you don't have Shade or some defensive skill (Iron skin, invisibility) or good offensive skill (es. Slash Dash), he can beat you easly.

Es 1. with Excalibur 18 + slash dash 3 + boltor level 22 I survived vs Stalker 35. :D

Es 2. with Banshee 22 + all her skill + mk1-braton 21 I dealt 50% damage to Stalker 39, then he killed me. -.-

Sometimes you can hide and let do some work to your enemy, if they are high level, they can harass or even kill the stalker. (this won't work on low level planet, especially where you go to level your weapons.. :p)

woah your right i think the stalker really does hate him lol

You missed the important part at the end.

That's the problem. Stalker is an interesting mechanic, but needs a minimum time before he can spawn in a mission, and a timer between taunts. Being the person who got gibbed with no revives, it was incredibly S#&$ty that I couldn't even fight back - Stalker spawned before anyone was in the match to stop him. It was "WTF WAS THAT?!" because 'that' was 'bullS#&$'.

He hits like a truck.

He hates me.

No, he just want to kill you to make justice beouse he is ......... THE PUNISHER

Nothing wrong with the Stalker in my opinion.

Needs to drop BP and/or give some kind of XP reward for its death.

Maybe make some sort of blatantly obvious screen effect a second or two before he is about to strike so it gives the player a chance to jump and roll to avoid the OHK.

So many people ignoring the point of this thread.

His difficulty is a GOOD thing. The PROBLEM is his ability to spawn before the players have control of their warframes and are thus unable to defend themselves.

I don't think there's anything significantly wrong with the Stalker. Although I will say that the fact that they will only chase and attack the player they are after makes it possible for the player they are after to run while other players are ignored by the Stalker and can simply shoot them to death makes it much, much easier to survive in multiplayer compared to singleplayer. Maybe make the Stalker care a little bit more about self-preservation?

I saw where DERebecca said they knew he wasnt necessarily fulfilling the best roll right now and that they are working on it.

He always seems to jump me when I am Alone, leveling weapons AND my frame, and generally not ready to deal with him. I have almost killed him and if your frame is LVL 30 with a lot of mods it isnt INSTANT death, but I am not a fan of the no win situation. Either we die and have to revive, or we kill him and get nothing (unlikely as it is that you kill him). As it is he does seem to only exist to make you use revives.

The stalker was originally a nightmare for me, -laughs-

Some notes:

- The stalker has only ever spawned during the middle of a stage for me

- I have no idea what the immunity to skills is all about, but the stalker has been affected by every warframe ability I've ever used on him. The most noticeable being radial light. He displayed the exact same animation as normal mobs do when hit by that. Afterwards, he didn't attack for 15 seconds, but I destroyed him with my AKBOLTO's before the blind wore off

- Don't run from the stalker. That's wasted effort that could be gone into dealing enough dps to him with or w/o your teammates help before he kills you. You just saved yourself a revive there, congrats! Remember, he will outrun you even on Loki with max sprint and max quick rest. Don't even think about doing complicated dodging maneuvers. He might as well have 100% accuracy at any distance based on my encounters with him. Don't even think about doing complex aerobatics to try to shake him off your tail. He will outperform you, period.

Good luck in killing The Stalker :0

I managed to kill him once by unloading my Hek into his face. And what did he do? He popped back up, knelt, and faded away saying "What have you done!?" Freaking nuisance.

I tried a Rhino Stomp on him when he went after a teammate and it didn't affect him. He just said "Your Tenno powers are useless!" I unloaded my Braton Vandal into him to vent.

Edited by Rand0mNumbers

I met that mofo today, I got in a mission with that data pad thingy alone, at the start I saw a red message box, then I knew i was screw'd... I had to carry around that data thing and only the Lex to shoot, my Xcal was lvl25, I didn't have a single revive, so I ran... not killing a single enemy lol

The point of my original post was to point out that he spawned before anyone loaded in and stabbibliteriminated our Loki before we could do anything. It even gave the usual three messages and screen flicker on the loading screen. My second point was that I thought it was a cool mechanic that could use a bit of fine tuning.