The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 15.13.0 Killed Warframe For Those With Lowish End Graphics Cards

Nightwing1234543

I've got a generic Intel® HD Graphics card.

That theoretically means you don't have a graphics card.

Instead your CPU does graphics, and that's (sorry) a poor excuse for "gaming".

Unless it's a laptop, buy a GPU. Come on, you're a founder.

Yep, it's a laptop. Some of my computer wires melted during a defense mission awhile ago when we were having memory leak issues and I haven't been able to afford to fix it since. Hopefully gonna work on it this summer though, but really it hasn't been an issue in playing this game until now. 

Noticed a hard drop in performance. 

Ambient Occlusion is very resource-intensive, so I disabled it. 

Think I will disable some more stuff.

I play on 1360x768 (even though my screen is full hd) because it cant handle Warframe's full settings. 

Geforce 765M (2GB VRAM)

16GB system RAM

1TB Samsung 840 SSD

Intel 4770 processor

IMO Year of Quality needs more performance buffs in the core of the engine.

I'm also on a laptop, however I think mine made the bare minimums (hd mobility radeon 4***).

Even if it overheats withou an external ventilator, i'm able to play at minimum graphics and lower resolution (also with these new options on) and still get 9~30fps and 3~4 in oh'S#&$ moments.

It's good of them to increase quality, this game really looks beautiful with all settings maxed (a lot of streamers play on max).

It's good of them to increase quality, this game really looks beautiful with all settings maxed (a lot of streamers play on max).

It's great they improve the visual quality of this game. I for one want even more ( and more gore :P ) ! This game needs this, it would be bad for it to stay behind with graphics and this will need better hardware. Can't understad the complaining in this thread. And seriously if you are running games with

a generic Intel® HD Graphics card.

or an ages old GTX, then what do you expect ? Also laptops are not the best option for gaming... .

Edited by silmarilion6

Very heavy drop in performance over here.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4x 3.4 GHz)

8GB RAM

GTX 970 - 4GB video memory

Average FPS dropped by about 40 in all areas, FPS while fighting is about the same as before.

My game crashed once with the message that I didn't have enough video memory (seriously...).

Turned Ambient Occlusion and Adaptive Exposure off for now, these things just melt my new GPU... and by all means, a GTX 970 is neither bad nor cheap.

Edited by Storchenbein

To be honest: I´ve nearly the same FPS like before. With one difference:

I changed my Display, so my Resoultion went from 1366x786 to 1920x1200!

So for me its a performance increase.

But some things i´ve noticed are that Frame drops are gotten more now.

I have sometimes drops from about 60-70 to 40-50 FPS.

Maybe that comes from the new particles?

Also the GPU load is really high in the liset. (but still nothing to worry about)

Sure I could use Vsync, but in Missions I´ve not always my 60 FPS (especially with a full squad) and Vsync makes everything spongy.

Edited by Thelematiker

Very heavy drop in performance over here.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4x 3.4 GHz)

8GB RAM

GTX 970 - 4GB video memory

Average FPS dropped by about 40 in all areas, FPS while fighting is about the same as before.

My game crashed once with the message that I didn't have enough video memory (seriously...).

Turned Ambient Occlusion and Adaptive Exposure off for now, these things just melt my new GPU... and by all means, a GTX 970 is neither bad nor cheap.

Maybe this:

Maybe this: -snip-

Figured it's the 0.5GB problem. Nonetheless, my old card wouldn't have been happy with its 2GB RAM. After disabling the settings it went back to normal, and honestly I don't find it too good looking anyways.

Edited by Storchenbein

If your laptop can handle FurMark then this should not be an issue. Most gaming laptops cannot because they lack the required throttling software either for increasing the fan to 100% because manufacturers don't like noise complaints or reducing the clockspeed of the gpu and memory.

Now, if you have your fan at 100% and your gpu at 200mhz and memory at 600mhz and it's still overheating then there is a serious issue. But I suspect the extra heat from increased shader usage was not in the /general gaming tests/ that the laptop manufacturer performs.

So, to provide some solutions... reduce the mhz below normal, cap the framerate at 30fps, reduce settings, reduce resolution, force old shader version..

BTW- does this happen when DX10 and DX11 are disabled?