The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gpu Of Laptop Overheating, Not Cpu :/

crafturtoemc

The update today is too intense for my laptop, its a razer gaming laptop that I owned for 1 year now! I could run the game at 60fps before today's update but...now I can too BUT my laptop gets overheated and shut down...

The processor runs at about 65-71C while playing the game but the GPU overheated itself so I don't know! 

Enabled Vsync, I am playing on a flat surface btw!

Thermal paste reapplied 3 months ago and I updated my drivers :/

I turned it off, but it is still overheating for some reason... It ran cool n quiet before the update... :(

Obviously there is an issue with your cooling. First problem as I see it is you wasted money on a Razor Laptop, but that is personal opinion. These super thin laptops do not have enough air passing through them. I do not know your specs so can't judge the issue but potentially you re-applied the paste wrong and now it is dried.

No... It can run BF4 on medium settings without any overheating issues, Im only having the issue on warframe! .-.

BF4 does not have near as much happening graphically as Warframe does in game. Turn down some settings, turn off V-Sync adjust your AA, change your Direct X version, possibly check video drivers. 

There has been zero change on my system since the update and as reference I run a laptop

Edited by DogManDan