Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic]The Setup, Redux 18+

SpaceHelicopters

The Rhino gave James a smirk, "Yeah, something like that. Come with me, we have much to discuss." 

James bowed politely. "Lead on. You know more about this place than I do. Heck, you'd probably know how I even got the invite."

As soon as the two were clear, and the airlock had sealed, the crew shuttle departed and headed back to the crew transport. Everything seemed to be going smoothly.

"Luminescent Void, this is crew shuttle. Everything is clear on my end, returning to hangar."

"Copy that, Four-Ten. Should we linger about in case things get hairy?"

"Knowing Hex? If anything goes wrong, he'd be the last guy alive with the only survival apparatus. Plus, he'd probably drift back to base tied to a single strip of wreckage with nothing worse than minor malnutrition and a headache."

"That's stretching it a bit, don't you think?"

"Hey, he survived a meeting with an Ash. I'd say we aren't giving him enough credit."

Sab coughed a couple more times, feeling the heat leave her mouth. Rising up, she looked around and noticed the Trinity, giving her a thumbs up as the Valkyr redid her helmet.

Seeing that attention was off her, she casually snuck away from the group only to return to the buffet table, spying out other dishes ready for sabotage.

Ghostar noticed that Sab had snuck off. "And now, she's preparing to sabotage more food. But guess what I've got." He pulled up the hot sauce. "The hot sauce. Took it when I had my payback. She can't poison anything now, I have the hot sauce." He laughed. "Oh, is something missing?" He taunted Sab.

Four rubbed her temples at the ordeal. The Loki chose to taste the "doctored" food (and is paying for it), the Valkyr is probably going back to cause more trouble, and the Excalibur is acting like a child who sneaked away a sweet from a relative.

(Just...calm down. Not a mission. Not serious.)

"Um...Ghostar right? May I see that?" She gestured towards the bottle of death juice.

She slapped him on the back as she said, "Sup, Sea-bass. Didn't think anyone else from the dojo was gonna get sent here. I hate to say it, but I'm kinda glad you're here. You know what they say, 'misery loves company.'" She then directed her attention to the scene before them, "Looks like we missed all the fun."

"Don't call me that." Sebastian said. "Gaius wanted me here for some stupid reason." Sebastian moved his head back over to the scene. "Yep. Don't eat the food." He stated nonchalantly.

Edited by IrishHades1798

James bowed politely. "Lead on. You know more about this place than I do. Heck, you'd probably know how I even got the invite."

-snip-

"Yes, speaking of which," The Rhino Prime began as he led them through the moderately populated maintenance tunnel, "We are familiar with you and your group's methods, and don't think we've forgotten about your work at Olympus. In fact, some of those Tenno may be around."

The Rhino then stopped and turned to face James, "So here's why we asked you to come: we would like to hire your services. In exchange for your cooperation, we are prepared to offer you 5% of what we recover from this mission." A swirl of blue energy formed in the Rhino's hand, displaying a screen to him detailing the mission. Simply put, 5% appeared to be a significant amount.

"So what do you say, General James? Can we count on you?"

Four rubbed her temples at the ordeal. The Loki chose to taste the "doctored" food (and is paying for it), the Valkyr is probably going back to cause more trouble, and the Excalibur is acting like a child who sneaked away a sweet from a relative.

(Just...calm down. Not a mission. Not serious.)

"Um...Ghostar right? May I see that?" She gestured towards the bottle of death juice.

"Sure." He responded, giving her the hot sauce.

"Yes, speaking of which," The Rhino Prime began as he led them through the moderately populated maintenance tunnel, "We are familiar with you and your group's methods, and don't think we've forgotten about your work at Olympus. In fact, some of those Tenno may be around."

The Rhino then stopped and turned to face James, "So here's why we asked you to come: we would like to hire your services. In exchange for your cooperation, we are prepared to offer you 5% of what we recover from this mission." A swirl of blue energy formed in the Rhino's hand, displaying a screen to him detailing the mission. Simply put, 5% appeared to be a significant amount.

"So what do you say, General James? Can we count on you?"

A smile grew on Hexer's face. 5% did seem to be an awful lot, and there might just be enough Tenno tech to finally find out what was causing the constant setbacks regarding research, and by extension, enough to finally find a way to integrate Tenno shielding into military hardware.

"First things first: Olympus wasn't a direct involvement, and I can't say I'm surprised that you managed to track down any of my ships. As for the job, count me in. Although in my experience, you don't offer a massive paycheck without there being a catch behind it. So what's the catch in this case?"

Ghostar noticed that Sab had snuck off. "And now, she's preparing to sabotage more food. But guess what I've got." He pulled up the hot sauce. "The hot sauce. Took it when I had my payback. She can't poison anything now, I have the hot sauce." He laughed. "Oh, is something missing?" He taunted Sab.

Sab turned back to Ghostar, noticing how he had the hot sauce. In response, she pulled out the Codex scanner she'd been recording with, a grin growing under her helmet.

"Well I have a video of you making an absolute fool of yourself that I'm about to post online. Guess everyone wins, eh?"

A smile grew on Hexer's face. 5% did seem to be an awful lot, and there might just be enough Tenno tech to finally find out what was causing the constant setbacks regarding research, and by extension, enough to finally find a way to integrate Tenno shielding into military hardware.

"First things first: Olympus wasn't a direct involvement, and I can't say I'm surprised that you managed to track down any of my ships. As for the job, count me in. Although in my experience, you don't offer a massive paycheck without there being a catch behind it. So what's the catch in this case?"

"Well, there is the obvious risk involved. I can't guarantee the safety of you or your men." the Rhino said as he began to guide them again. "We would also need to ensure that our little arrangement doesn't end up public. That's for your safety as much as ours. If word got out, Tenno purists would hound us for Lotus knows how long, and may even take violent measures against us."

He then turned his head slightly to face Hexer as he said, "And finally, we'd like to know that we could count on your group in the future. The Tenno cause is always in need of assistance. Your pockets would never run dry under our banner." He turned his head back forward, breaking eye contact.

Sab turned back to Ghostar, noticing how he had the hot sauce. In response, she pulled out the Codex scanner she'd been recording with, a grin growing under her helmet.

"Well I have a video of you making an absolute fool of yourself that I'm about to post online. Guess everyone wins, eh?"

Ghostar's smile disappeared. Oh no you don't! He thought. Pulling out his Vasto Prime, he quickly aimed at the codex and fired a bullet right into it. "Can't upload a video if your codex is broken, can you?" He said.

"Well, there is the obvious risk involved. I can't guarantee the safety of you or your men." the Rhino said as he began to guide them again. "We would also need to ensure that our little arrangement doesn't end up public. That's for your safety as much as ours. If word got out, Tenno purists would hound us for Lotus knows how long, and may even take violent measures against us."

He then turned his head slightly to face Hexer as he said, "And finally, we'd like to know that we could count on your group in the future. The Tenno cause is always in need of assistance. Your pockets would never run dry under our banner." He turned his head back forward, breaking eye contact.

Tenno Purists? Hexer thought to himself. Guess there are some who think mere mortals are no more than meager millstones, made to mire the mirth of the mighty.

"Count on me? You most certainly can." He replied. "The only limiting factor is the relatively small size of my network and forces. I can't exactly police the entire system."

Ghostar's smile disappeared. Oh no you don't! He thought. Pulling out his Vasto Prime, he quickly aimed at the codex and fired a bullet right into it. "Can't upload a video if your codex is broken, can you?" He said.

The Generals' ears pricked up at the sound of a gunshot. He instinctively drew his Vipers and ducked behind the nearest cover.

"Did you hear that?" He asked, hoping he didn't just hear an exhaust pipe exploding.

Four jumped at the gunshot. Turning back to the Excalibur she grabbed the barrel and pushed it down, pointing at the ground.

"Ghostar..." She said calmly but with a tense tone.

"I'm not one to jump into others business...but you really shouldn't start something you mightn't want to finish. And you..." She turned to the Valkyr. "WHY did you give yourself away.....um....name please?"

Ghostar looked at Evan. "The Valkyr here is the one responsible for poisoning the Martian jellyfish with super-hot sauce." He explained to Evan.

"Oooohhh...I thought that you were the one, since I only saw the Valkyr rolling on the floor...so...yeh..." Evan said, scratching the back of his head.

"Geez thanks for shooting that," Evan said after Ghostar fired the shot.

Arino smiled. "Let's actually taste it." He took a little bite and coughed. "Ugh... Ugh..." He then felt the inferno. "UAGH!!!" He yelled as he looked for water.

"Not so good eh?" He chuckled after seeing how Arino reacted.

(( dang everything happens when I'm sleeping ))

Edited by (PS4)qwerty1310

Sab saw Ghostar pull out the Vasto, moving quickly. Thankfully the bullet missed its target of the scanner. Unthankfully it hit her straight in the arm instead.

Hissing and cursing she put away the scanner and grabbed her arm. It wasn't so bad. Her shielding may have been demolished rather instantly, but her Frame's armour managed to deflect most damage. Her anger however, well, no amount of armour could've blocked that.

Looking back at Ghostar, she drew the only weapon she had and aimed it at him.

An annihilator named Angstrum.

"Sab" she growled. "And like it or not, this sh!t's getting finished."

Sab saw Ghostar pull out the Vasto, moving quickly. Thankfully the bullet missed its target of the scanner. Unthankfully it hit her straight in the arm instead.

Hissing and cursing she put away the scanner and grabbed her arm. It wasn't so bad. Her shielding may have been demolished rather instantly, but her Frame's armour managed to deflect most damage. Her anger however, well, no amount of armour could've blocked that.

Looking back at Ghostar, she drew the only weapon she had and aimed it at him.

An annihilator named Angstrum.

"Sab" she growled. "And like it or not, this sh!t's getting finished."

Evan's eyes widened.

"Er...chill, don't er...do this..." Evan said, trying his best to calm Sab down.