Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic]The Setup, Redux 18+

SpaceHelicopters

"Don't call me that." Sebastian said. "Gaius wanted me here for some stupid reason." Sebastian moved his head back over to the scene. "Yep. Don't eat the food." He stated nonchalantly.

"Yeah, I'm no fool." Azelie stated casually.

Tenno Purists? Hexer thought to himself. Guess there are some who think mere mortals are no more than meager millstones, made to mire the mirth of the mighty.

"Count on me? You most certainly can." He replied. "The only limiting factor is the relatively small size of my network and forces. I can't exactly police the entire system."

The Generals' ears pricked up at the sound of a gunshot. He instinctively drew his Vipers and ducked behind the nearest cover.

"Did you hear that?" He asked, hoping he didn't just hear an exhaust pipe exploding.

The Rhino calmly materialized his helm in a mist of blue particles. "What's the situation?...Can you see her?...Do you have it under control?...Take the shot...Call me if the situation devolves further."

He then dematerialized his helmet and turned to face Hexer and smiled. "Worry not, friend. It would appear that the situation is under control." He then motioned for him to exit cover, "Would you please? It's not much further."

-snip-

Looking back at Ghostar, she drew the only weapon she had and aimed it at him.

An annihilator named Angstrum.

"Sab" she growled. "And like it or not, this sh!t's getting finished."

The group antics were beginning to turn heads as the situation devolved further. As soon as Sab drew her weapon, a sticky white glob flew into the side of it, knocking it out of her hand and attaching it to the pillar that she was standing behind only moments ago. If she were to look up in time, she would have spied a flash of gold as a figure darted behind a light.

Several Primes shifted in the crowd, not acting yet, but telegraphing their presence to the group. They were giving Sab a warning, and she was outnumbered 12 to 1.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

-snip-

The Rhino calmly materialized his helm in a mist of blue particles. "What's the situation?...Can you see her?...Do you have it under control?...Take the shot...Call me if the situation devolves further."

He then dematerialised hie helmet and turned to face Hexer and smiled. "Worry not, friend. It would appear that the situation is under control." He then motioned for him to exit cover, "Would you please? It's not much further."

-snip

Hexer put his Vipers back in their holsters and stepped out of cover.

"For some reason, I am beginning to dread whatever lies not much further." He said.

Why is it everything explodes near me? Not even Shepard had to deal with the amount of explosives I have to deal with!

All Sab did when the gun was shot out of her hand was sigh and slump comically low. She'd danced this tango many a times before, and frankly she were simply sick of it. Letting out an exhausted breath as she stood back up, she began speaking before turning to the primes she knew to be there.

Her voice was calmer than before, and if anything bored and exhausted. "No need to panic, I wasn't going to shoot him. Just proving a point. Blah blah blah don't get your knickers in a twist." Letting out another sigh, she continued. "The Angstrum's clip was empty anyway, if it wasn't it would have exploded the second it hit that pillar. Can I go now? Because I can assure you with absolute certainty that anything you could possibly say to me I've already heard atleast twice.

Hexer put his Vipers back in their holsters and stepped out of cover.

"For some reason, I am beginning to dread whatever lies not much further." He said.

Why is it everything explodes near me? Not even Shepard had to deal with the amount of explosives I have to deal with!

The Rhino led Hexer to a set of pneumatic doors. He then turned to face him and said, "The rally is on the other side of these doors." The doors then hissed open, releasing the tide of noise that was being held back on the other side. "We'll be beginning shortly," He yelled over the commotion, "Until then, mingle, get comfortable. You'll be fighting alongside these people soon enough." And with that, the Prime dismissed himself, heading back through the way they came until, he disappeared around a corner.

All Sab did when the gun was shot out of her hand was sigh and slump comically low. She'd danced this tango many a times before, and frankly she were simply sick of it. Letting out an exhausted breath as she stood back up, she began speaking before turning to the primes she knew to be there.

Her voice was calmer than before, and if anything bored and exhausted. "No need to panic, I wasn't going to shoot him. Just proving a point. Blah blah blah don't get your knickers in a twist." Letting out another sigh, she continued. "The Angstrum's clip was empty anyway, if it wasn't it would have exploded the second it hit that pillar. Can I go now? Because I can assure you with absolute certainty that anything you could possibly say to me I've already heard atleast twice.

The Prime's presence in the crowd began to fade as they disappeared again. A Frost Prime with a Stug on his hip was now standing at the pillar, wiping the white goo off of Sab's Angstrum before offering it back to her. After that, he too vanished into the crowd.

The Rhino led Hexer to a set of pneumatic doors. He then turned to face him and said, "The rally is on the other side of these doors." The doors then hissed open, releasing the tide of noise that was being held back on the other side. "We'll be beginning shortly," He yelled over the commotion, "Until then, mingle, get comfortable. You'll be fighting alongside these people soon enough." And with that, the Prime dismissed himself, heading back through the way they came until, he disappeared around a corner.

-snip-

Mingling sounded good. However, food looked better. Upon spotting the buffet table, Hexer made a beeline for the Martian Jellyfish. They were apparently an exquisite delicacy enjoyed by many Corpus CEOs, might as well see what the fuss is about.

Although, they did look like Box Jellyfish...

"Hm...see what the fuss is about, or possibly be killed by a Space Jellyfish." After a moment of thinking, Hexer instead went for a slice of mince pie.

"Just saying." Sebastian said to his comrade. "Hey," He began. "Doesn't this all seem kinda strange too you? This whole gathering and the free stuff? Feels like a bribe." Sebastian felt uncomfortable. He already hated social get togethers, but this just seemed weird.

Sebastian jumped though and reached for his gun when he heard the gunshot ring out.  He was irate when he saw the Tenno near the dining table and their shenanigans. "Damn kids..." He muttered.

On the plus side, the pie was nice.

On the downside, the drink nearest to it appeared to be poisoned. Hexer noticed someone taking a drink out of the punch bowl nearest to him, then making a beeline for the nearest restroom while screaming various synonyms for 'hot,' as well as several explicatives.

Evidently, the Tenno as a whole weren't as calm and collected as Hexer first thought.

Deciding that being parched was preferable to having Surtr dancing on his tongue with all his friends, The General instead decided to try and get the attention of someone who he might end up fighting alongside. However, a human in a grey combat uniform and green tactical armor would probably stand out in the throng of Tenno gathered. He was honestly surprised no-one had asked him what the hell he was doing here, given the observable concentration of Mortals-to-Demigods.

He wondered if there was a violin anywhere. Some nice dramatic music would probably help the atmosphere, but that was probably a view shared only by him.

"Just saying." Sebastian said to his comrade. "Hey," He began. "Doesn't this all seem kinda strange too you? This whole gathering and the free stuff? Feels like a bribe." Sebastian felt uncomfortable. He already hated social get togethers, but this just seemed weird.

Sebastian jumped though and reached for his gun when he heard the gunshot ring out.  He was irate when he saw the Tenno near the dining table and their shenanigans. "Damn kids..." He muttered.

Azelie let out a chuckle and put a reassuring hand on his arm. Which probably not all that reassuring since it wasn't exactly comfortable making contact with a burning woman. "Ease up there, Tex." Azelie said as she removed her hand, "Big Dojo like this oughta have strong members. They can take care of things." Her casual smile then seemed to melt as she focused on what he originally said. "Yeah, I'm getting a weird vibe, too. Something's going on here, and I don't think we're gonna like it."

Then she shrugged. "But then again," she reasoned to herself out loud, "I wouldn't like it regardless. If it were up to me, I'd still be asleep."

"Not a fool indeed." Said a voice. A Limbo was sitting near Sebastian and Azelie. "Never eat food near that Valkyr. She'll poison it with extremely hot sauce."

"I wouldn't necessarily say poisoned. Poisoned sounds more lethal than it was. I'd say tainted would be a better word for it." Azelie said as she leaned her head over her shoulder. "What's your story, Fancypants?"

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

"...this may be harder than I thought." Four muttered to herself after the excitement died down.

[be-beep. be-beep. be beep. be-beep!] Her helmet reformed around her head, wrapping her sight in the HUD. The alert was to replace her medicine capsule, the excitement must have drained it faster.

Fumbling through her inventory she grabbed another capsule and replaced the spent one.

(This will be a terrible idea, but I should go and make sure...Sab, cooled down) Turning from the group she followed the Valkyr back to her Liset.

*sees Four going after Sab*

"Hmm...following her would make sure that she's safe, but her business doesn't concern me anyway...besides she may not be going to where Sab's going..." Evan muttered to himself.

"Nah screw it I'm sure she can handle it herself..." Evan muttered again, though he was unsure whether Four would be safe.

"Trin...Trin... Okay." Four shook her head gently. "I just wanted to make sure there was no hard feelings. With everything that happened and all."

Her helmet dematerialized, showing the sly grin on her face. "Do you...uh...still have that video?"

To be honest, Hexer really didn't like social gatherings. People always wanted you to talk to other people, give away secrets. "How's your life?" some would say. "Seen anything interesting?" say some others. The answer to both is always the same: "Keep your nose out of my business you trumped-up trout," often followed by a slap, either from Hexer, or to the man or woman he was talking to. It was often ambiguous with the Corpus. They all sound like men. Grineer at the very least had visible differences.

Out of boredom, Hexer pulled out a platinum coin and started tossing it into the air and catching it while walking. He occasionally tried his luck to see how many times it would come up heads. By the time he crossed the main hall, 32 consecutive heads.

"Hard feelings? Oh definitely. Definitely hard feelings. And I will have my revenge. The only question is how..." she trailed off, her head tilting further in thought before a shake brought it back to the topic at hand.

"No need to worry your pretty little head tho. I won't do anything that has a certain to significant chance of either critical injury or death. Anything under that's fair game."

Upon the second question she dug into her frame's utility pack, bringing out the scanner. "Yup, still do. You better not try anything though, it's only a few feet from my Liset and all the weapons of mass destruction within."