The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Love For Banshee...

(PSN)Zelisius

I don't get it. I never see this frame used by people.
I was playing with a bunch of MR 14-18 players in an ODD the other night and one of them made the remark of how they have never seen a Banshee before.

Granted, she does slow down gameplay with her soundquake, but she can also speed up kill time with Sonar.
In terms of CC, I find her to be better then Nyx. WIth max range, you can camp on a cryo pod and stun lock a crowd at around 47meters. No enemy can get near the thing, which can negate the need for a Frost. Sounds crazy, but my friends and I have done just fine without ice man.

Her ability to lock down enemies also makes her great vs infested. Them disrupters/Eximus can't even get close enough to energy drain you. She can replace vauban in Infested missions since she just locks them all in place.

She pairs up well with most frames in the game!
Granted, like I said earlier, she does slow down the gameplay, but slow and stready can win the race.
She brings so much utility to a battle and yet no one users her.

Just a small rant I guess, but it just baffles me how some frames get all the love and other great frames get pushed aside.

I use her. Mind you I have all the frames and every month or so I'll start using another 2-3 more than the others, but Banshee is definitely in my top 5. Unfortunately I dont really use her for her 4, more for her 2 + 3 cc / support buffs + resonance = gg.

Because despite her innate power - she's tricky to use. Getting the most out of her requires a lot more awareness than most other frames. All the most loved frames in that regard are very simplistic to use in terms of maximum effectiveness - Banshee takes some gear spinning.

So if all you're used to is modding a certain way specified by others & then just mashing powers when you feel like it - she's going to appear less than awesome at first glance.

I use her all the time - but I don't PUG - so you won't see me!

Silence is such an amzing skill! I use it for the CC aura more then anything. Plus it gives you a heads up that they are within soundquake range.
It's almost like a combo piece for me, really.

Fire it off, then lead into sonar or after you get up from SQ, fire off Silence for a quick stun, then sonar then back into SQ or whatever you want.
And that sonar... OMG the damage buff she gives is incredible!

Because despite her innate power - she's tricky to use. Getting the most out of her requires a lot more awareness than most other frames. All the most loved frames in that regard are very simplistic to use in terms of maximum effectiveness - Banshee takes some gear spinning.

So if all you're used to is modding a certain way specified by others & then just mashing powers when you feel like it - she's going to appear less than awesome at first glance.

I use her all the time - but I don't PUG - so you won't see me!

I just enjoy the fact that she is a team player, and I enjoy playing support. So Banshee and Trinity are some of my favorite frames. (Banshee, Loki and trin are my top 3 fav frames)

Banshee's in my top 5 frames....I do tend to bring her along a decent amount when I'm not leveling other frames.

In fact, she's one of my favorite frames to run a melee build with.

The only melee weapon I use for her is Kestral.

It suites her play style since it can knockback enemies when it hits them. Add in Entropy flight and combine it with sonar and you have a pretty lethal weapon that keeps your energy charged at all times.

At least shes not nerfed everytime someone say Trinity because they nerf Trinity

Why would Banshee be nerfed? Maybe she's powerful but only if you know how to use her right. I don't see why you would compare the 2 frames at all.

Trinity is just plain broken - always has been - a monkey could use her. Trin's powers range from completely pointless to stupidly OP - that's not really what a balanced support class should be IMO - but Banshee is.

My only problem with banshee is that 15 armor...  other than that she's really good! I hope DE buff hers and Volt armor!! 15 is just stupid, lol

her armor is low, but she is made to keep enemies away. If done right, you should rarely take any damage. Just gotta have the mods for her to make it all work.

her armor is low, but she is made to keep enemies away. If done right, you should rarely take any damage. Just gotta have the mods for her to make it all work.

I know but still, 15 armor for any frame is completely unnecessary. Frames with 65 already suffer enough. 15 is just nonsense, lol.

I know but still, 15 armor for any frame is completely unnecessary. Frames with 65 already suffer enough. 15 is just nonsense, lol.

I would go the complete other way. 15 is fine - you know you have to keep moving and not take shots - all my preferred frames are 15.

65 is pointless - using steel fiber to buff is a wasted slot - the damage reduction compared to 15 is negligible - and you think you don't have to be as careful as a 15 frame - when you're wrong.

Banshee is one of the few frames where all 4 of her abilities are actually useful, if that wasn't enough she has an amazing ability mod in resonance.

She isn't used as much because she is low damage, low survivability but players with solid gunplay and survival mechanics (knowing when to CC, how to move, etc) will be a massive benefit to the team. 

Banshee is easily one of the best 'frames in the game...but...she's high maintenance and you really have to aggressively use all her powers. ALL of them. They're all useful and have specific places in her bag of tricks.

She's at her best with others. She is a support 'frame and everything she does multiplies the force of the squad. She does well on her own, but is always better with others.

I've seen quite a few Banshees lately, which is something of a pleasant surprise. Normally, I don't see her unless I'm playing her, but lately I've joined a fair number of games with Banshees, and most were very effective. She's a darling of the advanced player. If you're a hey-diddle-diddle-straight-up-the-middle sort of player, you probably won't do well with her. She's definitely a finesse 'frame.