Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Warframe Pvp Modes

xHyun

So as we all know, developers are already considering in implementing a PVP system in the future, which I think is a great idea.
It gets quite boring doing missions once in a while, but with PVP, you'll keep players in game longer and more active.

Here are some of my suggestions for PVP modes:
-----
CAPTURE: Hack and Aquire the Data Terminals

accessterminal.png

It's just like your typical capture the flag etc mode in shooter games.There will be two teams.
The objective here is to capture the data terminals from the opponent's base and successfully delivering it to your base.
You will have to somehow go to the opponent's side, hack the system (do the mini puzzle thing), and then pick-up the data terminal and manage to make it all the way back to your base, in one piece.
If your team-mate dies with the terminal, he/she will drop it .
A player from the opposing team can then acquire this back by simply touching it and it will automatically return to their base (no need to carry it).
Or another person from your team can pick it up and continue.
The maps for this should be designed in such a way that it'll give both teams the advantage.
The access terminals (that the opposing team needs to hack to get the terminal) wont be right at their base, giving the other team a chance to grab it.
If someone is down,a team-mate must help him up.
If he dies on the other hand, he will have to wait a certain amount of time to respawn (giving the other team a chance to grab the data terminal). These will balance it out..
Both teams have the same objective, but it's a race.

Now there can be two ways how this ends.
Either there is a timer and whichever team captured the most wins OR it can be based on the certain amount of data terminal captured (ex: 5 captures = win for)
----
SABOTAGE: Destroy The Machine

warframe2.jpg

The objective for this one is simple.
You must go to the opponent's base and destroy their machine.
Whichever team successfully destroys the opponent's machine wins.
An HP bar for both team's machine should be displayed at the top of the screen to let the players know of their progress without having to go to the base and actually attacking it.
Unlike in 'Capture' , you won't have to wait until respawn if you die (no timer)
-----
DEFEND & DESTROY: Protect/Destroy Pod

capturegvk.png

To keep away from its similarities in 'Sabotage', this one will have different objectives for each team.
There will be a destroy and defend team.
The defense team must defend their Cryo Pod by staying nearby and exterminating close-by enemies from the opposing team.
On the other hand, the destroy team will have to travel to the defender's base and try to destroy the pod.
They will re-spawn to their base as soon as they die (if they didn't receive help from any teammate while they were down).
So the defenders must make sure to stay near the pod and kill all destroyers and to try to not let them help their teammates back up.

Though If a player from the defender's side dies, there will be a timer until respawn
The reason the destroyers respawn immediately is because they will have to travel from their base to the opponent's anyways and due to the fact that the Pod rejuvenates .
Which is also why the defenders have a timer to respawn, giving the destroyers a chance . It will balance it out.
HP bar for the pod will be displayed for both teams to keep the thrill.
Both teams must reach to complete their own objective. Whoever succeeds wins.
This ends with a timer.
------
EXTERMINATE: Free For all (FFA) & Team Deathmatch
warframe_preview_1.jpg]

These will be two seperate modes.
But they are highly similar.
The objective is to basically kill and kill, as much as you can.
For free for all, everyone kills each other.
For Team Deathmatch, team members must kill people form the opposing side.
All deaths respawn immediately. No 'down' state ( so you die immediately after you lose all hp).
There is no respawn timer.
This is because you want everyone to focus on the objective, so you cant be distracted reviving others nor have to wait to respawn when everyone else is dying like every few seconds.
Thus leaving the survivors with more to kill and not having to wait.

There can be two ways this ends; with a timer or with the amount of kills.

----------------------
By the way, for PVP, there should be no 'active' skills allowed.
Just shooting, like your typical TPS game

And if possible. A room of 16 people or smaller (6/8 vs 6/8)

These are just my ideas of concepts within PVP.
They can be modified in many ways, but that's all I'll present for now.
Let me know what you think.

Edited by xHyun

Sorry to say but any objective based mode will be ruined by 25 seconds immunity of rhino iron skin.

Forgot to mention

"For PVP, there should be no 'active' skills allowed.

Just shooting"

Try games like Blackshot or SuddenAttack. They suit you more.

Forgot to mention

"For PVP, there should be no 'active' skills allowed.

Just shooting"

The uniqueness of Warframe is their Mobs and skills. Without any active skills, it will just be like any other FPS games. 

Edit: The biggest pain in implementing PvP is that, with it, who will still want to play the usual PvE missions if they do not need to farm for resources/BPs/Mods? 

And if skills are allowed, they will be constantly nerfed.. 

So, bad idea. 

Edited by wkfire

Try games like Blackshot or SuddenAttack. They suit you more.

The uniqueness of Warframe is their Mobs and skills. Without any active skills, it will just be like any other FPS games. 

Edit: The biggest pain in implementing PvP is that, with it, who will still want to play the usual PvE missions if they do not need to farm for resources/BPs/Mods? 

And if skills are allowed, they will be constantly nerfed.. 

So, bad idea. 

Whoever still wants and needs to play the PvE missions will...

Once you complete all missions, there is literally nothing to do.

Farming gets boring. And they would still need to farm. If they dont and have aquired all the items they desire, then what is there left to do?nothing.

. At this state, warframe will be one of those games you will quit after completing. Its just like any other Story game.

You complete it and you're done with it.

Seriously, what can you do?

The only fun stuff to do after that are defense missions. And these PVP modes are basically just like that.

Running random missions for no reason ain't fun.

Oh wells, Im already over this forum community..

So much of the typical forum users, lmao.

So offensive, and unwelcoming.

If you guys have that much negativity towards the idea,maybe think of other ways of how it will be ideal.

To make it work.Because really, PVP needs to get in this game somehow.

This is the improving warframe section right?

I like you though, you actually somewhat ackowledged the idea though you reasoned against it with details.

And Not just make rude  comments like 'NO'. or 'wait to get locked', 'too much threads about this'.lalalaa.lol

Edited by xHyun

It is time for everyone to cool their jets. The forum is supposed to be constructive and friendly, not condescending or dismissive. 

To the best of my knowledge the only PvP that will exist in Warframe for certain is a Duel system. I am, at this time, not even sure if you'll be able to duel anyone except clanmates. There has been no official announcement of the feature I am aware of regarding details or when it'll be added into the game. It is all speculation for now.

My understanding of the situation is that DE has not shut out the idea of a structured PvP, they've simply said "Not right now."

A simple search will reveal that there have been many, many, many, many threads about this. The answer is: 

No.

Yeah,like you and everyone here even took a sec to read the FAQs.

Mhm.

^ How do you know that?Do you work with the devs?
How do you know of their limits? You have no idea what they can achieve or what will happen.So why so close minded?

You say there will only be duels like its 100% fact.Then straight up tell me to play another game.
Lol. Damn.
So helpful.

It is time for everyone to cool their jets. The forum is supposed to be constructive and friendly, not condescending or dismissive. 

To the best of my knowledge the only PvP that will exist in Warframe for certain is a Duel system. I am, at this time, not even sure if you'll be able to duel anyone except clanmates. There has been no official announcement of the feature I am aware of regarding details or when it'll be added into the game. It is all speculation for now.

My understanding of the situation is that DE has not shut out the idea of a structured PvP, they've simply said "Not right now."

There we go.The response Im looking for.

Thanks for an actual civil response.

------

Anyways..

I only made this thread to share ideas, Who knows if the DEVs will change their mind and what they have in plan.

Just like everywhere else,it takes big leaps and changes to achieve something that a lot of people might not like, at first.

But you can always improve it right?

But nvm,this section is just full of such denying people.
Totally not friendly for what its for.

Edited by xHyun

Its ok to use the search function in the forums.

As far as no skills in PVP, really?  Why not play one of the other 2378473475345 shooters out there then?

As far as 16 player matches, are you aware this game uses peer-to-peer networking?  A good portion on the people in this game can't propery host 4 player games, how are they gonna host 16 player matches?

IMO, if they do implement PVP, every skill should have an alternate effect in PVP.  Like every warframe mod card would actually have two different skills on it, one for PVE and one for PVP.  No need to balance skills for PVE and PVP both.  They would be separate.

There we go.The response Im looking for.

Thanks for an actual civil response.

A very, very large part of the community has really warmed to the idea of DE putting PvP on the shelf until Warframes PvE content is able to stand on its own two feet. It was and likely still is a rough topic on the forums. For a while there was a lot of trolling and arguing daily about it. It has left a nasty little bit of negativity that sticks to the topic.

I'll admit, I share the belief that DE should hold off on Structured PvP. That is a thing for another day, when Warframe is nearer to completion and the gameplay and all of its features are nearer to final.

As a general thing for you other gentlemen reading, It would actually be really, really fantastic if we could finally let these PvP threads slip into constructive discussion like most other topics. Everyone's feedback is valuable. These threads don't HAVE to become a problem. I urge you to remember that if you seriously dislike a topic you can simply not participate, threads don't stick around if nobody is posting.

Its ok to use the search function in the forums.

As far as no skills in PVP, really? Why not play one of the other 2378473475345 shooters out there then?

As far as 16 player matches, are you aware this game uses peer-to-peer networking? A good portion on the people in this game can't propery host 4 player games, how are they gonna host 16 player matches?

IMO, if they do implement PVP, every skill should have an alternate effect in PVP. Like every warframe mod card would actually have two different skills on it, one for PVE and one for PVP. No need to balance skills for PVE and PVP both. They would be separate.

Goddammit. What is there to search for?

Im just sharing a personal idea, ohehmgee.

Now I know the devs arent much into the PVP stuff right now, but there is still a possibility right?

if there is, whats so wrong about sharing ideas?

Y'all so negative about PVP. Its like as soon as you hear pvp, its a big NO.

Goodluck .

Edited by xHyun

Goddammit. What is there to search for?

Im just sharing a personal idea, ohehmgee.

Now I know the devs arent much into the PVP stuff right now, but there is still a possibility right?

if there is, whats so wrong about sharing ideas?

Y'all so negative about PVP. Its like as soon as you hear pvp, its a big NO.

Goodluck .

You have a point there. I like your ideas, but that might cause warframe to lose its originality. 

There are too many things to consider when implementing PvP. Lag, skills, weapons, etc. That's why we disagreed with PvP. It does bring fun, but it brings more problem with the fun. 

Were they to implement objective based-PVP, I think these would be some very good mission types. They would fit the way Warframe mission mechanics already are, and would be able to have different sets on length and be able to have mobile combat areas.

Taking this at face value without inserting thoughts on PVP one way or another.

PvP was dismissed for several reasons, two of which I can remember.
Firstly, the devs wanted to target a different market. PvE is vastly less common than PvP.

Secondly, balance problems. 

Many, many ideas about PvP have been suggested, even a MOBA style PvP. Ultimately, the devs still focused on PvE.

I'm sorry if I was hostile. I'll try not to be so in the future. But like Blatantfool has said, it's been discussed over and over again, and there were a few flamewars over it.

Mainly in threads where the OP's first post was: "PvP! PvP! This game sucks without PvP! It's boring! PvP is always better! Why don't you put PvP!?"