Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Massive Movement Ahead, Run Tenno / Escape Missions

Venarge

I love this idea! Although I do think that level layouts and speed exploits need to be taken a look at to implement a fleeing mission.

Certain layouts that require you to go through flight after flight of stairs(grineer)/drunk waypoints can potentially confuse players, might add to the fun and suspense but when S#&$ really hits the fan its going to be more annoying than anything else.

Then theres the issue of players who know how to execute slash dashes to run imo rather fast as compared to those who don't. Volt players will probably be overjoyed at this new mission type.

Yeah, some levels would have been to be optimized for this kind of mission ^^

For the rusher/slow frames thing, Akivoodoo had a great idea. In order to make this still a team mission, doors will only be locked after every player passed it. I would expand this idea to make only a few doors ahead open.

Example: There are doors 1-5

Door 5 will only open if door 1 is closed. Therefore, rushers would have to look for their teammates and ensure that every player passed the door.

If the worm passed door 1, the system will go on with the second door and so on ^^

This way, super fast frames wouldnt run too far ahead and everyone would have to look for the other team mates in order to survive.

Maybe there could be an option to lure the creature into a deadly trap ( if it the creature a worm ), i.e. the room with the hole filled with molten steel, the fast warframe could out run the slower ones and the creature, destroying the front supports under the bridge, so the creature can slide down the bridge and fall in the hole, and then the tenno can leave the place and live a happily ever after :)

Edited by nklh4x0r

Maybe there could be an option to lure the creature into a deadly trap, i.e. the room with the hole filled with molten steel, the fast warframe could out run the slower ones and the creature, destroying the front supports under the bridge, so the creature can slide down the bridge and fall in the hole, and then the tenno can leave the place and live a happily ever after :)

I think the whole mission could be an assassination mission where you lure the creature around, essentially tiring it out so you can fight it in an arena.

But the movement aspect of WF really needs some serious work for this to work.

I can see an epic scenario where rhino knows he can't keep up and tells the others to go on without him. Puts on his iron skin and dukes it out till he's out of energy. Gets swallowed alive and has a monument raised in his honor.

It would certainly give DE a chance to design more free-running-centric areas. My Loki would probably dominate it since A. it's the fastest Warframe by default and B. I equipped a leveled up Marathon mod.

Edited by SFkenny

Come at me you oversized earthworm Jim.

Seriously though I would have thought when you blow up a ships generator and a 5min timer starts that would be a pretty good indication it's time to run away. Wallrunning as a ship is exploding around you is a good place for an epic escape scene if you ask me.

The Beast doesn't necessarily have to be rushing along at super speed - just fast enough that you have to keep moving.

That was what I thought too

Thank you very much for your feedback mate =)

Probably doesn't have to break doors, you just have to lock the door and it just disappears and drops in elsewhere, because vents and stuff. 

This would be a great idea for something "not worm like" I would say :D

Hmm. This would give people the creepy feeling if they walk around and bamm it jumps out of nowhere :3

But I think the worm creature should break through to make it  more tense ^^

Thanks for your feedback ^^

So you mean like a super-powered tank?

Hehe ^^ Yeah something like this but bigger :D

I can see an epic scenario where rhino knows he can't keep up and tells the others to go on without him. Puts on his iron skin and dukes it out till he's out of energy. Gets swallowed alive and has a monument raised in his honor.

Hell yeah. Your epic moment is just epic mate :3

An invincible freak of nature straight out of hell chasing my @** all the way to the finish line? Now THAT would certainly give me a bit of an adrenaline rush in this game. +1 to you good sir

Thank you very much for your feedback. I really appreciate it :3

It would certainly give DE a chance to design more free-running-centric areas.

Definitely ^^

Seriously, nobody thought of Kalros?

+1 to you sir :D

This idea would be a fresh breeze of air. But it should be a random mid-mission objective-change in infestation raid/sabotage maps to make sure the hostage won't get stuck in a crate (he/she has a tendency to do that). The Greneers should have their equivalent of the "beastie", not sure what it could be though.

Ideas for Infested monster: Centipede-like critter, spider swarm, blob of goo that absorbs everything that touches it, mutated mass of corpses with giant jaws and horns, a mix of all? :)

+1 to OP.

I have similar idea for some kinda of super stalkers that is impossible to kill ( scene from Matrix?). During mission plans change and you have to rush to extraction. At that point there is no respawn or retry. Super stalkers would only appear when you kill a big amount of bosses.

These kind situations would improve others abilities to use parkour and dodging. Now it is just a straight line running to goal and extraction. :(

I'm a big supporter of this kind of thing.

An enemy that is more of a level mechanic then an actual enemy.

I like this kind of mechanic too. Adds a little more randomness to a game (and makes it annoying sometimes) and since it can't be killed it IS more of a level mechanic. The only problem I can see with this is if this monster spawns when you are on a rescue mission... locking doors and woops, locked the captive in with a giant wurm, FAILED MISSION.

Regardless, something you actually have to use skill to slow, barricade, or otherwise harass would be nice aside from guns blazing killing spree.

One solution to the door closing mechanic that people were talking about i thought of could be a set of obstacle that you can shoot to block the *insert chasing monster here* from moving through quickly.

What i mean is for example, if you have a chandalier (for some reason) and shoot the chain and it falls to block the path, or a stack of ammo barrels that you can knock over.

Might be difficult to implement with item physics and whatnot, but thats just my idea :)

+1

All of my support are here.

But it would have to deal damage somehow to slow jerks, or maybe just be big enough to devour (explode) the rooms you take too long in. Theres also some pretty hard to navigate rooms that this guy would be such a nuisance to run from fast enough. I couldn't see it being small enough to be inside the ship because that just seems impossible to code right, unless its just a tentacly maw sticking through a door thats just a flesh-wall when you look past/into it and even then it would need to do damage to you somehow. It seems a little underwhelming if it deals ranged damage even with bile-bombs or something, and pretty hard to get nailed by melee if its stuck at the doors.

I love this idea but it seems hard :(

Easier to make it 'ship sized' and show you images when you run past windows or something and just to detonate rooms one at a time.

Or just make an infested 'nemesis' kinda creature. Some supra golem infused with stalker, topped off with rhino's codpiece.

Edited by Mewtiger