Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's New Lighting

-Krux-

is this lighting not blowing anyone else away?

this is the best thing ever! The game always looked great, but this is AMAZING!!!

star wars music played as i came like a geyser over the horizon

but rly, does anyone else stare at things like an owl now?

I just don't like when the screen dims when looking at a bright light source, mainly because it just doesn't seem to be realistic enough. One, the lights aren't bright enough for that, imo. Two, the entire screen dims, instead of the light getting brighter and everything else getting darker.

I just don't like when the screen dims when looking at a bright light source, mainly because it just doesn't seem to be realistic enough. One, the lights aren't bright enough for that, imo. Two, the entire screen dims, instead of the light getting brighter and everything else getting darker.

i think i know what ur saying, yeah.

but it's still an amazing upgrade generally speaking. I take twice as many screenshots now, lol

I turned it off immediately, to be honest. I find it annoying, but tastes differ and being able to turn it off is great. The addition of ambient occlusion is a much bigger improvement to Warframe's lighting in my opinion, although the AO could be of higher quality.

Or AO could at leat be a little paired back. It's like an overprotective parent no sharp edges or hard corners anywhere anymore.

But all of this will get paired back into a subtle part of the overall look. Man, remember when motion blur made the screen look like a wet painting in a spinner? Its still anything but subtle, but its out of the red.

Man, remember when motion blur made the screen look like a wet painting in a spinner? Its still anything but subtle, but its out of the red.

sometimes things like enemies or weapons glitch and they have that look while sitting absolutely still.

But yeah, you right.

This is the thing that bothers me too, some maps that were nice and bright before are so dim now, like my monitor is dying.   

On the other hand, dark maps are a lot brighter now, I can actually see on Ceres and Earth now.

Its very nice indeed. If they would add proper shadows that would be amazing. It looks like current level shadows are prebaked so I dont know why theyre such low quality.

yeah i was looking for sharp shadows, specific lighting on parts of your warframe. But nah, it's either your in dim lighting on bright lighting, your whole frame is effected..