The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Changes Area

-Hallow-

What worries me is that DERebecca once said that anything that is not listed in the patch notes is most likely an oversight... Something changed because they changed something else... Something as big as Crits not working anymore, should be listed in the notes, if it was intended.

I really like the way the Conclaves are right now, less RNG, more damage, more weapon variety, more skill. My best bet is that the PvP team is tweaking the damage reduction for the upcoming PvP CTF mode, and something got through in the update.

Edited by RexSol

What worries me is that DERebecca once said that anything that is not listed in the patch notes is most likely an oversight... Something changed because they changed something else... Something as big as Crits not working anymore, should be listed in the notes, if it was intended.

I really like the way the Conclaves are right now, more damage, more weapon variety, more skill. My best bet is that the PvP team is tweaking the damage reduction for the upcoming PvP CTF mode, and something got through in the update.

My best guess right now is this is definitely the partial work of the coming PvP changes (stuff from Devstream)  that went out. Thursday was a 'Mainline' deploy which means typically more 'in-progress' stuff accidentally goes out. Will confirm when work-week resumes! 

My best guess right now is this is definitely the partial work of the coming PvP changes (stuff from Devstream)  that went out. Thursday was a 'Mainline' deploy which means typically more 'in-progress' stuff accidentally goes out. Will confirm when work-week resumes! 

Aye Captain! 

Hey the beloved Lotus posted here so this topic will be noticed, i'll take this chance to leave my opinion and hope some DE reads.

If anyone from the PvP team is reading this, just take a look at the most recent topics on the PvP area. All the regular Conclavers are rejoicing the possibly accidental changes to the damage reduction on PvP. (See this topic https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/396793-old-conclave-is-back-3-you-de/

I believe the global damage nerf of U14 happened to ease the PvP to newcomers that would be playing on the Solar Rails, the nerf backlashed and made veterans even more tanky in the Conclaves, while making only a handful of weapons and frames effective on high level duels. 

Who do you wanna please more? The PvPers that actually likes to play PvP and can't wait for the new game modes... Or the PvErs that hates PvP and think it should never exist in the first place? Think about it. The only thing the global damage nerf on PvP did, was turning all automatic weapons obsolete and just narrow down the options for seasoned Conclave PvPers. 

Leave the damage as it is now with these recent changes. We have more diversity, we can use automatic weapons on high level PvP and still be competitive. If you revert these changes, every veteran PvPer will go back to Vectis and Marelok. What lack of diversity am i talking about? Take a look https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/360225-lack-of-diversity-in-conclave/

Edited by RexSol

Why does the pvp side still not get patch notes.. ever ?

We find all our patch notes through testing now, is that fair when

the PvE gets hand outs and write offs ?

The 30% of your total damage patch, I am not even sure if that was announced.

(someone please correct me and i'll edit my post. Thank you ahead of time)

To Rexsol

Aye Captain! 

Hey the beloved Lotus posted here so this topic will be noticed, i'll take this chance to leave my opinion and hope some DE reads.

If anyone from the PvP team is reading this, just take a look at the most recent topics on the PvP area. All the regular Conclavers are rejoicing the possibly accidental changes to the damage reduction on PvP. (See this topic https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/396793-old-conclave-is-back-3-you-de/

I believe the global damage nerf of U14 happened to ease the PvP to newcomers that would be playing on the Solar Rails, the nerf backlashed and made veterans even more tanky in the Conclaves, while making only a handful of weapons and frames effective on high level duels. 

Who do you wanna please more? The PvPers that actually likes to play PvP and can't wait for the new game modes... Or the PvErs that hates PvP and think it should never exist in the first place? Think about it. The only thing the global damage nerf on PvP did, was turning all automatic weapons obsolete and just narrow down the options for seasoned Conclave PvPers. 

Leave the damage as it is now with these recent changes. We have more diversity, we can use automatic weapons on high level PvP and still be competitive. If you revert these changes, every veteran PvPer will go back to Vectis and Marelok. What lack of diversity am i talking about? Take a look https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/360225-lack-of-diversity-in-conclave/

Would you prefer to have 0 devs working on PvP or the 3?

Give them time. Trial and error is the best we will get with our broken system.

I have faith in the devs. You should too.

As far as conclave goes, lets first have a new gamemode instead of a new single map adjustment.

Lets fix up the old weapons in the new gamemode, get them balanced.

Now that they are balanced, lets swap that information into the claves' and have a balanced clave'.

Now they can go towards the "Vaulting" bugs or our movement bugs. They fix that up, we have no advantage,

we will be on fair terms with other tenno.

They could also transfer over the balanced PvP information into PvE to an extent and help reduce some

powercreep on the weapons that needed a massive debuff. This can help with some of the weapons

(200 clip, 30%, 3x soma is a good example)

All conclaves are now is who can 1 shot and kill the other faster while avoiding the other persons shots..

or tanking them with a valkyr so you get that split second to kill the other person.. (Sometimes slide spamming.)

PS : I have no angst for you, but rephrase your wording. It looks a lot more aggressive than it should.

To RakShal

-Damage got buffed

-Nothing crits

-When you shoot you show up on the mini-map as a red dot

-Stat screen changed

-You can't see where your teammate goes down on the mini-map

Some small corrections I found.

-When you shoot you show up on the mini-map as a red dot when you shoot or melee a target **

-You can't see where your teammate goes down on the mini-map (Except when you turn your camera and look away from your allies)

-Damage got buffed (Not all weapons.. A select few I personally found.)

Edited by deadinflict

Why does the pvp side still not get patch notes.. ever ?

We find all our patch notes through testing now, is that fair when

the PvE gets hand outs and write offs ?

The 30% of your total damage patch, I am not even sure if that was announced.

(someone please correct me and i'll edit my post. Thank you ahead of time)

Changes without mention on patch notes are most likely oversights, like i said, things that changed because they changed something else, or things that got through but were not supposed to be there yet.

Also it was not 30% i don't know where you get this number, is not the first time i see you mention this in a topic. It was 50% Damage Reduction to Shields damage, and 75% Damage Reduction to Health damage. And yes it was mentioned in the patch notes, more specifically on patch 14.0.9.

To Rexsol

Would you prefer to have 0 devs working on PvP or the 3?

Give them time. Trial and error is the best we will get with our broken system.

I have faith in the devs. You should too.

As far as conclave goes, lets first have a new gamemode instead of a new single map adjustment.

Lets fix up the old weapons in the new gamemode, get them balanced.

Now that they are balanced, lets swap that information into the claves' and have a balanced clave'.

Now they can go towards the "Vaulting" bugs or our movement bugs. They fix that up, we have no advantage,

we will be on fair terms with other tenno.

They could also transfer over the balanced PvP information into PvE to an extent and help reduce some

powercreep on the weapons that needed a massive debuff. This can help with some of the weapons

(200 clip, 30%, 3x soma is a good example)

All conclaves are now is who can 1 shot and kill the other faster while avoiding the other persons shots..

or tanking them with a valkyr so you get that split second to kill the other person.. (Sometimes slide spamming.)

PS : I have no angst for you, but rephrase your wording. It looks a lot more aggressive than it should.

I do have faith in the devs. You misunderstand my intentions. It's just feedback... 

Edited by RexSol

-Damage got buffed

-Nothing crits

-When you shoot you show up on the mini-map as a red dot

-Stat screen changed

-You can't see where your teammate goes down on the mini-map

With my original guess in mind + the details provided by Rakshal and others + discussions with the PvP folk here is the current situation:

- Oh yes, the WIPs have semi-leaked. The undocumented nature of this is primarily because they are not supposed to be out yet (hence us catching up here in this thread :D!).

- Documentation is in progress, when the WIPs become more feature complete we will have a better sense of what the intended changes are (Devstream 46 has a preview of what's coming).

- Feedback is present (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/396793-old-conclave-is-back-3-you-de/ + https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/398947-i-think-i-know-what-happened-with-u1513-and-the-unannounced-pvp-changes-feedback/) but I'm suspecting people would be happier with a bit more insight on the direction things are going before they dedicate themselves to feedback... Chime in here if there's something you'd like to see in this regard.

TL;DR

PVP = transitional period!

underconstruction%5B1%5D.gif

Tell ya frank I shutter how they going to fix mesa and limbo on pvp.

For Limbo - Banished Enemies who get ouside of the range of Limbo's Banish become un-Banished.

For Mesa I'm not entirely sure what could be done, though one suggestion is changing her Peacemaker in PvP like this;

Peacemaker - Instead of giving her instant max range, what if her range is limited initially but grows as the ability goes on?

The way it works is that there will be a circle around Mesa that indicates her "Damage Zone", with enemies inside taking damage (if not behind cover) while enemies outside are safe. Initially the zone will be fairly small, but as the ability is being used it starts to grow larger and larger.

For Limbo - Banished Enemies who get ouside of the range of Limbo's Banish become un-Banished.

For Mesa I'm not entirely sure what could be done, though one suggestion is changing her Peacemaker in PvP like this;

Peacemaker - Instead of giving her instant max range, what if her range is limited initially but grows as the ability goes on?

The way it works is that there will be a circle around Mesa that indicates her "Damage Zone", with enemies inside taking damage (if not behind cover) while enemies outside are safe. Initially the zone will be fairly small, but as the ability is being used it starts to grow larger and larger.

Abilities such as these will probably be completely changed to suit the skill based gameplay. PvP needs to be a showcase of skill and not a press#2 win display.