The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@de About The Extermination Operation

TunaMayo

I have stopped killing those moas, I am a casual player that not interested in my name or clan's name get a prop;

Nor devoting two days into moa killing spree and been told by you :"It's free afterall"

I don't think you even understand what free means.

i was not telling YOU "It's free afterall". i said this to myself. i can understand ur feeling. like i said if it is truly "frost prime" like others say, i myself is a bit disappointed.

I'm not as sure about the idea of having future events of this nature. I like that DE has the back end to track a good number of stats related to what players are getting up to. That bodes well for eventually making a more dynamic solar system with several different factions at various levels of influence. For example while most of the Tenno are off bashing the Corpus to bits what are the Grineer up to? The Infected?

It would be far more interesting to see these kinds of events grow out of a player influenceable system. As result of over focusing particular factions or mission types, neglecting certain planets.

Beta is for input. The "spoiled crybabies" you are refering to are giving input. DE evaluates the input. That gives the input value. Now if I were to put a value on your input, I would say the majority of it is useless. Only your second sentence really has value regarding the topic. You expended 3x the effort you needed just to insult other forum posters. You are inefficient at giving constructive feedback, but quite efficient at being insulting.

I'm sure it's a gift.

I am only giving my opinion on this topic.

I understand that DE is trying to get their input, but does that mean we can leave nasty comments everywhere trying to bend the most tiny things? that sounds like some WW2 nazi S#&$ to me. If thats what people want they are better off making private servers lol. People should just play the game instead of the constant nagging everywhere. Hell if i worked at DE i'd almost be scared releasing the next patch.

Once again im not trying to insult anyone, its just tiring to see complains and useless comments on every freaking topic about the same old S#&$

I think the reward is awesome but it does need components from update 8. If you think this is "grindception" it's a fair point. But this type of reward was originally going to be Platinum only! There is a wack of credits as well. In live stream we'll lay out some stats and give props to players and clans that rocked the Fusion Moas.

You don't need to be online to get reward. You just need to have killed at least one Fusion Moa.

Future goals may or may not be as grindy. Totally open to flames and feedback but don't lose sight of the high XP, credits and exclusivity of this reward. Future ones probably won't be as good, IMO.

Later on when the option to reset our progress is released, will we be able to keep the rewards of events we participate in?

-Have there be an immediate and obvious reward in addition to the final one, (e.g. make Fusion Moas drop Alloy Plate).

You know, every other pug I've played in has a guy looking for rubedo.

Sooo... Is it confirmed that reward is Frost prime warframe blueprint?

Or... Is it a new warframe?

Either way, as far as am concerned reward seems freaking awesome, I would love to see this kind of events on monthly basis.

Sooo... Is it confirmed that reward is Frost prime warframe blueprint?

Or... Is it a new warframe?

Either way, as far as am concerned reward seems freaking awesome, I would love to see this kind of events on monthly basis.

It will be confirmed when we get to 100%. For now, we don't know :P

For the record myself and several of my clan mates have ADORED this event. It has given us a chance to run defense with lower friends to sort of help speed run the newbies in levels so they can join us sooner. That said, I think in the future not locking the grind for the reward behind a following patch would be a good call. 

TL:DR; Love the event, love the reward, not looking forward to the wait for it ;)

Edited by Squig

Empathy for sure... We honestly thought people would be overjoyed. So you can imagine we're disappointed with how some are reacting. A global goal, new enemy type, coded messages, event exclusive gear...

Dont be disheartened by the few ;) Lots of people who might not visit the forums will be very grateful for it as I am ;)

One thing I am wondering tho. Will this frame be exclusive to this event? Would be nice if it was!

Empathy for sure... We honestly thought people would be overjoyed. So you can imagine we're disappointed with how some are reacting. A global goal, new enemy type, coded messages, event exclusive gear...

Remember that only a small amount of people on the forums are dissappointed with the reward. And the people on the forums are just a very very small part of the entire warframe playerbase. I believe most of us are overjoyed :D

I think the reward is awesome but it does need components from update 8. If you think this is "grindception" it's a fair point. But this type of reward was originally going to be Platinum only! There is a wack of credits as well. In live stream we'll lay out some stats and give props to players and clans that rocked the Fusion Moas.

You don't need to be online to get reward. You just need to have killed at least one Fusion Moa.

Future goals may or may not be as grindy. Totally open to flames and feedback but don't lose sight of the high XP, credits and exclusivity of this reward. Future ones probably won't be as good, IMO.

Posting my support for this event and the structure of the reward. More of these, please. Instant gratification isn't always best, and sometimes waiting for it makes it that much sweeter. And no matter what you offer, some people will always complain. =)

Glad to hear there will be shoutouts to top Fusion Moa slayers. That's a bit of a reward in and of itself, in my mind. A meta-race where you can't see the finish line or the other racers until it's over with.

Edited by Morcant

I personally think this event is fine, I've gotten over 2000 Rubedo already :)

I agree that "free" is definitely the wrong word. The pay you receive after putting in hours at work isn't free money. Similarly, receiving an "invitation to grind," if you will, after grinding for a weekend, and then being told you actually -have- to wait before you can get the grind over with and enjoy the prize, is pretty a pretty poorly conceived "prize." It also stretches the word "free" worse than a Walmart shopper stretches her spandex pjs. 

That said, I enjoyed the event. Personally, I have no complaints, but I can see where others are coming from, too.

I'm really sorry, I don't mean to be personal or anything but I really dislike this kind of attitude. I encountered it in me3 quite often. If a game dev gives something as a reward then it IS free. You can't expect payment for putting time into a game. It's like expecting payment for watching a film, THAT YOU ENJOYED WATCHING. it's a kind of entitlement that makes no sense to me. Yes you put time into a game but that's entirely your choice. It's just downright ungrateful to *@##$ and moan (I'm not saying you are doing that yourself) about something they are giving to the community.

As far as feedback is concerned I was really chuffed when I saw the event. I enjoyed them in me3 and I thought the gradual releasing of the reward was a really inspired idea. My gripe with me3 events were that they ended up far too easy. I like the idea of more difficult events that take 2 or 3 days to complete (like this one), and real consequences for the community if they fail..

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Would like to say thanks to the devs of course for introducing the event and for the reward!

Can I just go ahead and say we aren't all spoiled brats?  I know I'm not alone in enjoying this event - it's been exciting!  

I personally really like this event, although I haven't been able to participate in it as much as I wanted to due to a (seemingly) myriad of projects and papers all due in the next couple of weeks. I was giddy with excitement upon seeing the first transmission, and then the second, and then seeing the Fusion MOA for the first time; pretty much upon seeing everything. Even if the reward is a Frost only item, then I guess he will have to move up on my "Warframe To Create" list. I am personally grateful and glad this event occurred. I also appreciate that the reward is being given out for free to participants instead of players being charged platinum for it; I'm sure that decision was not an easy one to make. Thank you DE and everyone who works on Warframe for making such an enjoyable game--hopefully soon I'll be able to show how much I am enjoying this game by buying a Founder's package, but I want to wait for the wonky payment troubles to get solved first.

Now for a more venom-spitting rant-like paragraph (ignore if you want):

People are complaining so much because they probably feel like they are entitled to more for the community having to kill so many MOAs. They contributed their one kill, so that means they should get $500+ worth of platinum, every 'frame, every weapon, and every new 'frame from now until eternity, right? It's really annoying how a lot of people these days don't know how to work towards a goal and to enjoy the journey and challenges that carry them towards that goal. If you are complaining about the reward before you even have a definite idea of what it even is, then just leave and go play another game where you can cheat and hack your way into having everything from the get-go. If you haven't noticed, Warframe makes you work for the good stuff because that is how it should be, in my opinion.

I'm fine with how this event went, I'm just hoping U8 isn't too far off so I don't have to wait too long for the prize xP also kinds hoping I don't have to relevel a frosty because mines potatod and everything :C finally getting to where all I have left to Max on him is redirection and a few points towards vitality

Sometimes I wonder why people get so upset... The latest patch could have just been bug fixes / nerfs / buffs here and there... but instead they decided to do an event and reward you for that as well.

While I understand peoples concerns about the difference in reward between killing one Fusion MOA and hundreds or thousands of them... I think that's good feedback.  I've read some really good ideas in this forum about what can be done in the future.

But Tenno.... please understand: THIS GAME IS STILL IN BETA

I can really appreciate the fact that they are listening to the community and I know that later down the road there will ABSOLUTELY be changes to a lot of things.

I don't think any of you realize how much effort was actually put into this. Could it have been better? Yes. So please throw all this negativity behind and be constructive in your suggestions and ideas. That's what we're all here for.

I personally enjoyed the event overall, and still continue to contribute to it. So here's a big Thank You for that. 

i agree  and i think DE is doing  what they can mind you they are humans and people just like us  and  in fairness  ive dealt with other companies  who have took a lesser responsive/ ironwall approach  to their communities so id say   thank you  and i wish some  other gaming companies would take the approach you  guys have when dealing with   the community and if i had the money id   so  go design council founder   lol 

You're assuming we'll actually get to 100%. I know at the moment of typing this that it seems very likely, but honestly, could we have even failed at this "event"?

Are we really "earning"whatever awesome item you claim this may be?

Edited by Gigatron-Prime

When DE_Steve cries, everyone feels bad....shame on you community. Shame...