Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evolve

VKhaun

Friend just PM'd me on steam and said we can start playing this in a few hours (Midnight EST?) so I figured I'd make a recruiting thread. Maybe get a full game going. Maybe just make a team of hunters to go get some monster players to ragequit?

Headed out for a bit, but if the thread is active I'll reply again later before it opens.

Post your steam names and general area.

VKhaun / US East.

Edited by VKhaun

Eh... not worth the buy in price IMO.

Monster chainstuns the crap out of you and makes your screen go nutts while you are unable to do anything at all. Most matches are 90% running straight ahead, occasionally hopping. U.I. is horrible. If everyone is spread out and ready to fight you can have a good bout between monster and hunters but aside from that 30-60sec the rest of the match is either frustrating or putting you to sleep.

The worst part is, everyone gets tired of running and burns their jetpack the whole time so when you meet the monster everyone is at zero mobility and gets pwned. If you don't make that mistake with the rest of the team, you get left behind.

I would keep it installed to play as the monster in random games on occasion just as something different, but the game is the size of Mt. F'ing Rushmoore on my poor little 120GB HD. Going to give it another go tomorrow, try to finish my monster class unlocks at least so I could potentially jump in and play anything new that came out, but after my first night with it I really don't think it's going to last past U16 coming out.

/blog

It has solo, but the enemy AI is stupidly OP. If you're a hunter, your fellow hunters are retards, and the monster is fcking King Kong, and if you're the monster, the hunters are Seal Team 6 with jet packs.

^

Yup. Basically the whole game's balance centers around managing the limited movement mechanics of monster leaps and jump packs, and hunters being totally useless due to absurd amounts of screenshake and stagger when the monster swings at you.

When you play monster vs the bots the A.I. is not affected by screenshake as far as I can tell so the whole team of hunters will DPS you non-stop while you're in view regardless of how well you place skills, only doing support actions while their guns are on cooldown and they save their mobility for avoiding/chasing.

When you play hunter w/the A.I. on your team they follow you and burn their movement to keep up while the monster manages it very well, plus the monster places all it's giant AoE skill templates super well to constantly hit the whole team (because they're all burning their jets to stay close to you), which means higher than expected damage, impossible support choices and... yes... your screen going nutts at all times. Play one round as healer and you'll see, every time the A.I. monster farts 3-4 hunters will take damage, yet your A.I. seems to try and brute force it by prioritizing DPS which of course does not work.

Edited by VKhaun

Another guy I know bough it and regretted his purchase pretty quickly.

As I told him, I think some people got suckered into it from them repeatedly mentioning it was the same devs as Left 4 Dead (which is actually enjoyable).

I returned mines before the release. It has good potential but it's exclusively PvP and not my kind of PvP game; maybe dragon ball z xv next...

I played the beta and very much enjoyed it. But 2K games are really some greedy f***s....

But Val though, mmmh. I want me a piece of Val.

Edited because apparently a certain F word can bypass the censoring by simply putting it in plural form.

Edited by SHIR0B0N

I was interested in the game up to the point a buddy told me that DLC is guaranteed to have some extent of features not available in the main game, and that the pre-order was also going to section off content on day 1, I like the concept of the game, but I simply don't have that kind of money to spend on a single game that I'm not so sure about ...

I cancelled my preorder just before release. What sounded like okayish DLC's at the beginning turned into a whole circus and there's no way I'd support this kind of $hit. I played through Alpha and Beta so I'm good - Evolve won't be missed.

Edited by MaverickZero

I wanted this game really bad. Been on my wishlist for months. Missed the Alpha, got to play the Beta and enjoyed it a lot. Then the game came out and the DLC was just ridiculous and I'm not going to pay £60 for access to what should be ingame in the first place. I'm all for skins as DLCs but really? Sigh.

It's like that game all over again, that one I never speak of for its name is a curse.

I wanted this game really bad. Been on my wishlist for months. Missed the Alpha, got to play the Beta and enjoyed it a lot. Then the game came out and the DLC was just ridiculous and I'm not going to pay £60 for access to what should be ingame in the first place. I'm all for skins as DLCs but really? Sigh.

It's like that game all over again, that one I never speak of for its name is a curse.

d-d-des...

Dinlkebot simulator 2015?

d-d-des...

Dinlkebot simulator 2015?

Well the one I was thinking about began with A, but that's another one which sucks pretty bad too. Although in the former's case it was more "it looked good everywhere, was crap on release" rather than "stupid DLC plz".

After playing a bit more I have to say that it's getting better.

Having a selection of monsters and classes with a larger selection of better perks has opened things up and that small fun portion of matches that exists between the running part and the being thrown around like a rag doll part, is widening slowly but surely. I've gotten used to the horrific screen shake, sort of like learning to move a phone away from your ear when someone is screaming or nagging, and I'm doing a lot more in fights than I used to. As players unlock more monsters we're not just fighting the same one over and over anymore, either.

The Excavation matchmaker sets you up to play a series of five rounds mixing up the game modes and maps and giving handicaps and bonuses depending on wins and losses.

I still have my complaints and some new ones but it's become very playable. I don't think I'm going to uninstall it anytime soon.

/blog

Game looks like it would get stale pretty fast after seeing a bit of gameplay. Along with the fact that they locked alot of already made content as DLC. 

Not just DLC, More than $120 worth of DLC above and beyond their "Season Pass"! This makes Prime Access look like a steal...

^

Nothing is locked by purchase type except some magma skins (which I have never seen in-game) and there is no real DLC, all of it is part of the base game that you DL with the base price purchase. I don't know why they call it that on STEAM. There are skins in their store for money but so far they're simplistic. Kind of like DE's forest camo stuff. Just minor coloration changes.

When you log on you have the first of three of each class (including monster) and three easy little achievements like deal X damage with your weapon, slow the monster Y times with your traps and follow your pet for Z meters as it tracks the monster for you...

when you finish those three EASY little achievements you get the second of three for that class who, again, has three easy little achievements to unlock the third. The third and final class has these as well, and you can do them ahead of time to presumably have a new 4th available right away when it's added. Monsters take a bit more time than the hunters but the monsters are really straightforward, almost entirely "Do X damage with skill" type things.

After completing the easy achievements three harder ones open up for the character. As you go on through the sets of achievements you unlock small passive bonuses (+2% damage) for them, badges of their theme (avatars and avatar backgrounds that other players see, which you can customize the color of) culminating in an elite skin for that character/monster.

Edited by VKhaun