Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] An Insane Theory On The Ending Of Stolen Dreams

Morec0

Oh come on, you're not actually blaming adorable ol' Maroo for something she had no idea would happen, did you?

Well, if it is her fault, she has to become a plucky hero to rectify it; become a Tenno; discover that her father, mother, nth cousin n times removed, or Loki godmother was a Tenno who may or may not have fallen to the dork side; go on a quest to find the lost Skana of Slaying which also happens to be the only thing that can kill the Sentient Dork Overlord; have a snarky romance with Darvo; and a number of other things that I really don't think the universe can take, so let's not blame her for this. 

Also, couldn't "sky womb" describe a space-based factory?  Especially if they do turn out to be robotic or cybernetic in nature. 

Also, couldn't "sky womb" describe a space-based factory?  Especially if they do turn out to be robotic or cybernetic in nature. 

It's possible, but given the fact that thing on the altar looked very much like a skull or some other bone, I'd say it's unlikely that the Sentients are machines. Then again, maybe they're borg and the answer is "both".

It's possible, but given the fact that thing on the altar looked very much like a skull or some other bone, I'd say it's unlikely that the Sentients are machines. Then again, maybe they're borg and the answer is "both".

The Borg, besides being the ultimate big bad of Star Treck and the sci-fi equivalent of a zombie outbreak that attained collective consciousness, are cyborgs, like I suggested :P.  Its also worth considering that "robotic life" might ultimately resemble organic creatures as they advance.  Which would also explain why it reacted to computer code. 

It also might be that whatever the Sentients were is no longer what they are.  The war with the Tenno could have been fought to the extinction of the race, and the gentle... thing that we encountered was a Sentient "ghost" so to speak that came up with a way to restore them in some capacity. 

In reality, the "lore" in the quest is mostly just new questions without any real information.  The hovering "bone" (that Lotus and Maroo both refer to as a "machine") could be a half skull, the left side of an upper cranium, part of a jaw structure that includes a socket for some form appendage, a hip, part of an armor structure, or coral (in the event that the Sentients are sentient coral reefs) just to name a few. 

This is the account of how

all was in suspense,

all calm,

in silence;

all motionless,

quiet,

and empty was the expanse of the sky.

So that's from Wikipedia's translation of what I assume is that same passage. It sounds like the "in the beginning" part of every creation myth, which means... What? Maybe the triggering of the Codicies is supposed to initiate the reconstruction of the Orokin empire via the Corrupted, a new beginning sort of thing?

Huh. Now I want to think about the parallels between the Popol Vuh's mythology and Warframe, or get a raid based off of the trials of Xiabalba.

"Salvage" isn't actually new. If you enter the mission, it states the mission type to be "Raid", which was the game mode where players ran in, grabbed an item and then extracted. Raid was removed from the game and replaced by Survival in Update 10.

I am kind of surprised no one mentioned the shape or the artifact itself that carried the message. The thing look like warped metal, it didn't look like grineer tech nor did it look like some melded infested metal. It had some odd design to it like wood it caught my attention mostly besides the message kind of interested what made the boilers glow that way. Maybe the infested and the corrupted aren't the only things to manifest some form of change among enemy forces though who knows I think it might be more of a mutation and growth in strength than some conversion considering regular infested didn't destroy the arcane boilers the way the would destroy a corrupted ancient healer. Those boilers were much durable and bigger than the regular ones so I wonder what else the term arcane will come into play later. I am kind of interested if we can inherit some sentient weapons in the future I am really interested what tech they carry on them.

Skull_zps218e99d0.jpg photo was taken by a anon

Edited by Stalc