Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Rare 5 Nerf Still On !

--Q--AFKrasul

With the recent addition of rare 5 rewards in High level Survival and Interception (lvl 20+), DE seem to think this is a fix for what they have done. DE your actions at the moment show you do not intend to decrease grind, you actually want to increase it exponentially.

To give you perspective to DE's actions with regards to adding orokin cells to T4 survival, at its current state 1h t4 survival will give you 5-10 rare 5 (10 if you are LUCKY), before we were able to get 25-30 in an hour.

Now do the math (Considering it takes 528 rare 5 to max primed mods):

Before - 528 x 1 hr/ (25 x Rare 5) =  21.12 hrs to max out a primed mod

Now - 528 x  1 h / (5 x Rare 5)r = 105.6 hrs to max out a primed mod

Do you guys see what DE have done? it takes 5 times longer now than before to max out a mod !

This is T4 Void.... the drop rate for normal missions on the star chart are much worst. This is unacceptable DE, year of quality should not be a year of grind !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by --Q--AFKrasul

Rare 5 cores were added into the star chart missions. however Rotation A in star chart missions have 8 items now that r5 packs have been added. Thats even worse then T4 survival drop tables right now

Evidence : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival

The chance of getting an r5 pack from star chart : 12.5% (100/8)

The chance of getting an r5 pack from void :          38.5% (And you will barely get any even with this drop rate)

Edit : Posted from another thread

Rotation A (Enemy Level 20+) Drop Table:

- 2000 Credit Cache Reward

- 2500 Credit Cache Reward

- Uncommon Fusion Core

- Rare Fusion Core

- Steady Hands

- Stabilizer

- Power Throw

- R5 Core pack

All of them have a 14.29% chance of dropping. Add in Rare 5 fusion core packs. All of them now have a 12.5% chance of dropping. In comparison, T4 Survival used to offer a 77% chance of dropping Rare 5 fusion core packs in Rotation A only since they were considered "common". They then added in 3x Orokin Cells in Rotation A as a "common" reward which halved the chances of getting a Rare 5 pack in Rotation A again (38.5% now). 

***(5x) Rare 5 Pack "%" chance of dropping***:

Original Rotation A of T4 Survival: 77%

Post-nerf Rotation A of T4 Survival: 38.5%

Current Rotation A on regular starchart missions: 12.5%

All credit for this example goes to cyrus106.

***Evidence (all credit for these pictures goes to Dunkingmachine)***:

Results from five 10 minute runs of Pluto, Cerese, Neptune, and Uranus:

8sc7gnm6.jpgasx9ikug.jpg4mrcizpz.jpg5eu2iy7y.jpgbe5f6g25.jpg

I know they're spread out on all starchart missions (Enemy Level 20+), which is great since there isn't a need to go into the void anymore, but there's still no reliable way to farm for them.

I mean, they're back so that's a step in the right direction but they're still very hard to farm. From what I understand, this is what it sounds like but I could be wrong. The patch notes weren't very specific. Can we get an official response to this from a DE staff member? Thoughts?

Solution:

- Remove Credit Cache rewards and increase the credits gained from a mission.

- Increase the chance of r5 packs dropping and remove useless drops

- Remove Uncommon fusion core x 1

- Remove Rare fusion core x 1

Edited by UndeadGhostWarrior

When you say T4, we are not talking about the void, right? They weren't put in the void, but, rather, the starchart.

AFKrasul is saying that DE thinks they magically sated any qualms we had with the r5 core pack drop rates being lowered when they decided to add in r5 packs to other planetary nodes. Adding core packs to other nodes (especially at the rate they currently drop) did absolutely nothing to lower the actual grind necessary to rank up a r10 mod to max, primed or otherwise.

Edited by Moasiac

AFKrasul is saying that DE thinks they magically sated any qualms we had with the r5 core pack drop rates being lowered when they decided to add in r5 packs to other planetary nodes.

I doubt they actually *think* that. Instead, they're watching the reactions so that they themselves can react accordingly. Come on, guys. First of all, have a little faith in DE. Secondly, Warframe is just a game. You don't like it right now, take a break and return in a week or two.

instead of fixing the cores problem in the void, DE simply moved it to other nodes and hoped noone would notice.

It still takes an hour to get 5-10 cores but now because youre on the star map, you can also farm crappy bronze mods and t1 and 2 keys...

Edited by --Lithium

I doubt they actually *think* that. Instead, they're watching the reactions so that they themselves can react accordingly. Come on, guys. First of all, have a little faith in DE. Secondly, Warframe is just a game. You don't like it right now, take a break and return in a week or two.

so i can come back and dont like it in a week or two? Keeping quiet and forgetting its wat make things worst

Edited by MrKage

so i can come back and dont like it in a week or two? Keeping quiet and forgetting its wat make things worst

No. You write a succint, reasonable post describing what's wrong. Enough people provide the same feedback - changes are made. 

Whining and raging is what I think should generally be avoided.

Btw DE, I'm a devoted player of your game, having 2700 hours in game, 5000 hours in steam... Apart from the eyes of blight fiasco, being the warlord of Quasars, this is the 2nd change that I am absolutely disappointed in. I will continue to fight against this Nerf, the community will not accept these changes

TENNO NEVER FORGET!!!

60мин ВЫЖ4 НЕ 1 ЯДРА... спс вам ДЕ вы молодцы игру убиваите все больши и больши. Зато прайм хлам типо мутатора держите... на которые нада 550р ядер... а как их типерь набить ХЗ

That's the worst advice you can give to someone. DE needs people playing everyday. Telling them to to take a break isn't good. DE can't get a reaction if nobody is playing, DE can't fix problems if they're being submitted.

Fyi: Not sure how taking a break from the game would fix the problem tho, does everything fix it self while you're gone?

That's the worst advice you can give to someone. DE needs people playing everyday. Telling them to to take a break isn't good. DE can't get a reaction if nobody is playing, DE can't fix problems if they're being submitted.

Fyi: Not sure how taking a break from the game would fix the problem tho, does everything fix it self while you're gone?

Had you read my later comment you'd have figured out what I meant by that.

Granted, this was an incomplete answer, I agree. No need to be snide about it.

Edited by Gale47

I`ll try give my view on this though I may be wrong.

What DE intended:

DE stated "...less grinding..." they actually meant less grinding for prime parts so they reduced the drop rate of R5 fusion cores thinking that very few players are looking for that.

And why would they think like that?

1)There has been more feedback about the ridiculous time to grind rare prime parts than there is about R5 fusion cores. Before this recent update, there has been almost no complaints at all about the rate of R5 fusion cores in T4 Survivals simply because there`s nothing wrong with it.

2)Besides, now that Baro Ki'Teer is here selling time limited items (exclusive after he leaves) so DE assumed we are going to need more prime parts to sell in order to gain ducats faster.

What DE did not realize about nerfing R5 fusion cores reward rates

Many player, especially me are hunting for R5 Fusion cores nearly everyday to max out mods [10 ranked mods to be specific] in order to trade them for platinum or other things we are looking for. Maxed out 10 ranked mods like heavy caliber and transient fortitude have a significant demand in the trading section and the offers in terms of platinum for the mods are very high and sometimes beyond satisfactory.

Sometimes those who have platinum can hardly find sellers who sell the mods stated above who we are. They can`t find maxed out 10 ranked mods in the market but they certainly will in the trading.

Besides adding R5 cores to the star chart makes absolutely no difference to the amount of time taken to farm R5 cores as it is now. It will just take 5 times longer than the previous update.

Does this clarify anything?

Edited by Calibree