Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R5 Cores : The Most Recent Fix May Not Be A Such A Good Idea.

LascarCapable

The patch notes specifically said (survival nodes enemy level lvl 20+), that node, cupid on uranus is 23-25 I believe, shouldnt 20+ include nodes with enemies just after 20, ie 23? 

Don't trust anything that says level = difficulty. The game has it's own rules regarding that.

Stephano should be a hard Interception mission level wise, but drops the T4 keys that drop from medium.

Infested have their own droptables, so Defense on Eris doesn't equal Defense on Pluto either.

I hope DE makes the rewards visible ingame (they stated in the last devstream of 2014 that they regret not having done so already).

Don't trust anything that says level = difficulty. The game has it's own rules regarding that.

Stephano should be a hard Interception mission level wise, but drops the T4 keys that drop from medium.

Infested have their own droptables, so Defense on Eris doesn't equal Defense on Pluto either.

I hope DE makes the rewards visible ingame (they stated in the last devstream of 2014 that they regret not having done so already).

Well that's disheartening to hear, I will try farmign some other nodes and see whether I have more luck!

DE took a bad decision reducing the drops in t4 surv (replacing r5 core by orokin cell, I mean ... come on), and tried to fix that bad move by taking another bad decision (puting r5 packs as reward in the starchart) resulting in more drop table dilution, and not a lot of r5 core more for the players.

My opinion now is that DE simply has NO clue on how to do what they want to do. They wanted to bring to the players other ways to get r5 cores than t4 surv, which is a good idea, but they did it in an awfully terrible way.

Either that, or they knew exactly what they were doing, and their goal was indeed expand the time you need to max out a mod, and add more grind to the game.

In both cases, i'm not sure i still want to play that game.

This is my proposed drop table change for Tier III star chart

OLD                                       Rot A      Rot B     Rot C

2000 Credit Cache                 14.29%    -            -
2500 Credit Cache                 14.29%    -            -
4000 Credit Cache                  -              -            5.26%
5000 Credit Cache                  -              -            5.26%
Uncommon Fusion Core        14.29%    -            -
5x Rare Fusion Core              14.29%    -            -
Steady Hands                         14.29%    -            5.26%
Stabilizer                                 14.29%    -            5.26%
Power Throw                          14.29%     -            -

NEW

Credits 2000                                      - - -
Credits 2500                                      - - -
Credits 4000                                      - - -
Credits 5000                                      - - -
Uncommon Fusion Core                    - - -
5x Rare Fusion Core               25%    - -
Steady Hands                          25%   -           5.26%
Stabilizer                                  25%   -           5.26%
Power Throw                           25%    - -

They need to be higher. Let me give you MY proposed changes.

Rotation A

Uncommon Fusion Core ---

5x Rare Fusion Core 77%

Steady Hands            7.6%

Stabilizer                    7.6%

Power Throw              7.6%

There you have it! The old Core drop rates. Problem solved

Edited by cyrus106

Yep, same for Jupiter interception. It's high enough level for medium keys, but yet it doesn't drop anything. They really don't want anything being given to us, like T4 key and Neural Sensors.   

Same with them only adding cores to Survival, getting occasional cores while grinding T4 keys on interception would just be too good I guess.

I do want more ways to acquire stuff, not just more efficiency because I'm under the impression that Warframe is a game, about Space Ninjas, it's action, not a vending machine.  Missions and enemies are supposed to be game play, not vending machines.  But, DE has turned them into vending machines.  Farm survival for a chance at bottled water.  Farm Defense for snacks.  Play the star chart for sand.  Etc.

I'm tired of hammering the same missions over and over ad infinitum like a zombie to get a giblet.  I want to play a game.  I want to have fun my way.  I want to get stuff to play with but I don't want to become Homer's Drinking Bird Incarnate.  Regardless if a player plays a mix of missions and enemies or just sticks to a very narrow slice of that, as long as they are having fun at it, they are playing a game, not being Homer's Drinking Bird Incarnate or a Zombie Farmer.  But, I and a lot of other players want the freedom to roam around and do what we want without missing the game play elements we want to play with.

DE, has said as recently as the last few Devstreams and as far back as 1st quarter 2013 that they didn't want players hammering the same spot over and over again getting bored.  Yet, they're enabling and encouraging this with the loot and reward tables and Space Camper missions like Defense.

I do want more ways to acquire stuff, not just more efficiency because I'm under the impression that Warframe is a game, about Space Ninjas, it's action, not a vending machine.  Missions and enemies are supposed to be game play, not vending machines.  But, DE has turned them into vending machines.  Farm survival for a chance at bottled water.  Farm Defense for snacks.  Play the star chart for sand.  Etc.

I'm tired of hammering the same missions over and over ad infinitum like a zombie to get a giblet.  I want to play a game.  I want to have fun my way.  I want to get stuff to play with but I don't want to become Homer's Drinking Bird Incarnate.  Regardless if a player plays a mix of missions and enemies or just sticks to a very narrow slice of that, as long as they are having fun at it, they are playing a game, not being Homer's Drinking Bird Incarnate or a Zombie Farmer.  But, I and a lot of other players want the freedom to roam around and do what we want without missing the game play elements we want to play with.

DE, has said as recently as the last few Devstreams and as far back as 1st quarter 2013 that they didn't want players hammering the same spot over and over again getting bored.  Yet, they're enabling and encouraging this with the loot and reward tables and Space Camper missions like Defense.

This.

Why do T4 Keys only drop from Interception? Some people simply don't like that gamemode, and even if they do, it gets boring if you do it 100+ times, but are forced to do it.

Why do Defense and Interception suck for getting keys in general (in most cases it's a chance at C rotation) in comparison to Survival and Excavation (guarantee at B rotation), making those gamemodes immediately more rewarding (which was probably one reason T4s were put in Interception).

Stuff like this.

This needs to change because it is going to be ridiculous to have 500 orokin cells ready in my inventory just to build formas everyday. Also, orokin cells are not that difficult to farm compare to the other items in the game. Speaking of which, I haven't seen a fully built forma in the void missions for quite some time. I HATE receiving a forma blueprint in waves 20 or 20 minute marks instead of a fully built forma in t4 missions. Also can you make the void trader accept forma blueprints as ducats because I have 106 of those in my inventory at the moment.

In my opinion just leave the rare 5 cores where it is right now and come up with a better solution to acquire them later in the next dev stream or forum notes. 

DE should just remove O Cells from from the void loot tables and replace them with R5 cores and R5 core 3/5 packs.

O Cells already drop from the void mobs and from plenty of planets, players go to get them from the planets and go the the void for R5 cores and packs.

Edited by Herosupport

I see two possibilities here:

1. This is a lead up to something that will offer enough cores to make up for the losses.

2. Usual DE nerfing of systems that really do not need nerfs.

I hope the first, but expect the second :P

Hopefully, as a couple of folks here in this thread have stated, Raids or maybe another new gametype will be providing a sufficient amount of cores, and this is just DE trying to band-aid it now. It doesn't make much sense to nerf the pool now, rather than later, though.

More realistically, I'm imagine this was just the usual poor judgement of the drop pool team. The pools are becoming more and more dilute and all we have heard is "Sure, we'll take a look". Void drop tables are just becoming worse and worse, and DE says they are trying to fix that, but they turn around and make the pool more dilute for no reason. We get enough Orokin Cells, and even more, in non-void missions. There was no reason for it.

Hopefully our pleas are heard. Getting tired of asking for something, getting a hotfix, the hotfix doing nothing and DE deciding that one try fixed it. All I can do is shake my head.

Maybe DE shouldn't add so many useless rewards such as 2k credit cache or things like hellfire and common cores onto high level missions. I get it, warframe has no end game content but who needs a 2k credit cache or hellfire if we're doing 30-40 egeria? I'm not saying it in a insulting way but if we're geared up  enough to do 30-40 missions then chances are we won't be needing hellfires and magazine warp.

Sorry to inform but nope the drop rate still horrible that 5 minute run and got it on first try are a joke to say "pretty good"

i just run 10minute x3 on uranus cupid after the 15.14 steady hand + power throw all the way

I have to agree with you there. Still same bad drop rate.

It's still 3x slower than t4s was, and t4s wasn't fast.

Now you can't get t4sab keys at stephano (or any of the other missions changed to hard) either.

They really need to sit down and actually design appropriate drop tables. Quick band-aid patches trying to take a baby step forward after taking a giant leap back a patch or two prior is kinda silly.

Edited by Watlok

I must say I have played t4's not extremly often - but how can the current form still be way slower than then? In every mission I've done today I got one package of 5 rare Cores after the 5 or 10 minute mark.

Okay - 15 runs isnt a valid amount of trys, but 10 minutes (max) for 5 cores without a need of a key... Tell me, is that really too less?

EDIT: If my opinion (farming speed related) is wrong I still think its pretty easy to farm cores.

Edited by Monster-T

I must say I have played t4's not extremly often - but how can the current form still be way slower than then? In every mission I've done today I got one package of 5 rare Cores after the 5 or 10 minute mark.

Okay - 15 runs isnt a valid amount of trys, but 10 minutes (max) for 5 cores without a need of a key... Tell me, is that really too less?

EDIT: If my opinion (farming speed related) is wrong I still think its pretty easy to farm cores.

the old drop rate was 77%, now its 25%. Our grind was just tripled

Rebecca stated that the drop rate in interception missions is 50%.
And you cant just say that our grind effectivness in survival mission is only ~30% now... you dont need keys, so you dont have to waste your time to farm them.

Maybe the chance is lesser now - but much less complicated.

Rebecca stated that the drop rate in interception missions is 50%.

And you cant just say that our grind effectivness in survival mission is only ~30% now... you dont need keys, so you dont have to waste your time to farm them.

Maybe the chance is lesser now - but much less complicated.

50% at rotation B for more precision.