Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request A Chainsaw

uniqueman23

I think a chainsaw would be and amazing weapon and would have alot of great killing animation's.

An please give it the ability to ricochet or block bullets if you decide to make it.

It should be one of those ridiculous and fun weapons.

How about a magnetic containment strip cycling nano-edged razors, or a huge fusion drill, or a gauntlet mounted circular saw? Their are lots of setting appropriate ways to get some good chainsaw style action.

It's not like everyone wants to stealthy anyway.

Edit: Remember most of the weapons aren't even manufactured by the Tenno. Chainblades seem right up the Grineer's alley.

Edited by ValhaHazred

How about a magnetic containment strip cycling nano-edged razors, or a huge fusion drill, or a gauntlet mounted circular saw? Their are lots of setting appropriate ways to get some good chainsaw style action.

It's not like everyone wants to stealthy anyway.

Edit: Remember most of the weapons aren't even manufactured by the Tenno. Chainblades seem right up the Grineer's alley.

XD WELL SAID

Have you played .Hack GU? Now those were some great chain saws, Dual dagger chain saws, Scythe chainsaw, giant sword chainsaw...

(from beginning to end chainsaw fun)

Like the best weapons in that game were all chainsaw oriented to do repeated damage over and over. Like when you swing the chainsaw sword if you repeatedly hit the attack button the character will keep the chainsaw weapon on them to continuously saw into them. Pretty sick combat move. However I am not sure if it would be good to use on a group of enemies coming at you outside of the chainsaw Scythe. Then again if a heavy unit was coming at you I think it would be logical to just go nuts with a chainsaw sword/scythe/daggers and just saw into the heavy units taking out their health and shields faster due to focused consistent melee damage that prevents them from regaining shields due to the repetitious attack by tapping the attack button to continue sawing into them.

Have you played .Hack GU? Now those were some great chain saws, Dual dagger chain saws, Scythe chainsaw, giant sword chainsaw...

(from beginning to end chainsaw fun)

Like the best weapons in that game were all chainsaw oriented to do repeated damage over and over. Like when you swing the chainsaw sword if you repeatedly hit the attack button the character will keep the chainsaw weapon on them to continuously saw into them. Pretty sick combat move. However I am not sure if it would be good to use on a group of enemies coming at you outside of the chainsaw Scythe. Then again if a heavy unit was coming at you I think it would be logical to just go nuts with a chainsaw sword/scythe/daggers and just saw into the heavy units taking out their health and shields faster due to focused consistent melee damage that prevents them from regaining shields due to the repetitious attack by tapping the attack button to continue sawing into them.

That was a mouthful

*Inb4 thats what she said*

Sorry but I think chainsaws won't fit very well into this game. Also they'll be pretty big and unsightly to have hanging on a Tenno's back =(

Like I said in my post, it doesn't have to be a literal modern day chainsaw. It's future-fantasy, there can be as many advancements to spinning blade technology as you can make up. Look at Grineer buzzsaw guys and the Glaive.

Why so many dislike :c

I can see Grineer manufacture something like Chainsword for the Light platoon, since most of their weapon designs are grudgy, and militarized looking [like Gorgon, Kraken, That hairy balls hammer skin], or some what like those sawmans without having to get too close to Tenno to hit, but sure the VRRRR would be extra annoying XD  Might be a good idea for a female Grineer heavy MELEE unit since there airn't one yet, or even a boss weapon with more badass design?

chainsword_zpscc9d8ac0.gif

Although I don't dig this idea of OP-abilities

An please give it the ability to ricochet or block bullets if you decide to make it.

Edited by yuikami

• 1 month later...

I think that a chainsaw kind of takes the subtlety from the Tenno, but it would work for a grineer enemy. maybe the saw blade grineer people who die in one shot can have a small chance of spawning with chainsaws instead.

Fun fact: the grineer sawmen carried the old dark sector glaive model with spinning grey magical FX to make it look like a saw.

Also. Subtlety? Hek says hi. Oh, and best wishes from fragor.

On topic, I think DE is totally capable of Tenno or Grineerifying the idea of a chainsaw.