Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Musical Phrases For Each Warframe

Aksyl

The music does a great job with the atmosphere, and the way it is broken up by present variables is wonderful, but there's a key component that isn't musically represented, and that's which Warframes are present in the mission. Considering that the entire tone of the mission relies heavily on whether there's, for instance, a Rhino or a Loki taking the lead on how things proceed, the same mission may turn out wildly different in pacing and approach.

Elements I believe should be present:

A sting for the introduction of each frame during the drop-in.

A sting for each significantly impactful ability(Presumably anything with a cooldown) This may be a "drop" music effect during a Rhino's stomp, or a sample that plays for the duration of your time in a void rift/snowglobe.

If a player is dominating a room, let their team know (Assuming they're able to witness it, these are clientside, afterall, right?)

A thematically appropriate "phrase" for each frame.

A nice idea but it would take a lot of care to implement in a way that wouldn't get annoying.

I wouldn't want to listen to the 'sting' from Excalibur's Radial Javelin 1000 times in a row...

Also, if it's simply based on performance, how is this performance measured? A frame like Saryn will undoubtedly wrack up more kills than a Loki, so will you just never hear Loki's music?

Again, I like the thought, I'm just trying to wrap my head around a way that it could actually work in practice.

A nice idea but it would take a lot of care to implement in a way that wouldn't get annoying.

I wouldn't want to listen to the 'sting' from Excalibur's Radial Javelin 1000 times in a row...

Also, if it's simply based on performance, how is this performance measured? A frame like Saryn will undoubtedly wrack up more kills than a Loki, so will you just never hear Loki's music?

Again, I like the thought, I'm just trying to wrap my head around a way that it could actually work in practice.

All fair points and great questions.

I imagine "performance" to be relative to affinity intake(minus orb drops) for any particular task, and for each track to not necessarily be mutually exclusive, and hopefully be complementary, although all of that makes it more work for the composer.

Ideally, if a Loki is doings its job (at least when in a team) by setting up targets for allies or assassinating HVTs, they should share in the glory.

As for audio spam, I think it'd just need to use whatever system is in place currently to prevent a specific phrase from repeating too frequently.

Excellent idea, Silverback73.

I WOULD LOVE to see this in action.... Ohhh duh... Orgasmic sounds XD , sry , couldn't control myself , btw can't imagine nova's / prime sounds or nyx's prime sounds @_@

I imagine the prime frames' phrases would sound much like their ungilded counterparts, but with an element of the void's music added.

I was actually thinking about this recently, too, thanks to Valkyr. When you use Warcry, it sounds like there is a series of falling string notes playing. I kind of think of it as her theme music.

Adding this kind of thing to more Warframe powers could be cool. Maybe, to keep things a bit simpler, only on one power for each frame. Basically pick their "signature" power  and add their "theme song" to it. Like Invisibility on Loki, or Bastille on Vauban.

Another cool idea would be to add a short theme when you select each Warframe in your arsenal, to give each one an extra bit of unique flavor.

This sounds amazing (no pun intended) but as said before it would be difficult for you to hear your music if everyone is just racking kills. Maybe it would be better if only you hear your music, then that way it won't be a competition for kills to hear your music.

Also the part about ultimates activating could be quite interesting if the music is somewhat fixed to a strict tempo or in most cases it may have a free tempo.

Finally I wanted to say that maybe when in combat, your  music starts playing and when you kill and enemy you hear a bass drum of some sort. Just as a way to keep the variety in the sounds. Like maybe when someone is going on a spree and is getting lots of kills the music could be escalating a lot and could involve a lot of vocals.

Here's an example:

People in this thread forgot that we have music in the game already that changes depending on your state: idle/combat/exploration.

Some sort of cue at the drop in? Maybe, not sure how you would implement it since drop in happens every 1-2 seconds. 1-2 second long sound effect? Would clutter up and sound weird IMO.

The only way I'd see this fit in the game would be playing some sort of sound cue at the end of the mission, whichever frame/player got the most kills triggers a sound at the end mission reward screen.