Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Fire Should Be Implemented Into This Game

Duyet

Good point, but it makes communication more valuable. Like, "hey, Imma bout to Vortex to suck them up, better get outta my way!!"

You know what I am saying?

Haha, that'd be amusing. Any teammates within 59m of me would die often whenever I bring my Excal along.

I would really like to see a friendly fire option in Warframe.  Key word: Option.

1)  It could be fun on it's own merits. 

2)  It would require skill and team work, co-op skills instead of just individual skill.

3)  It would be just deserves for the twerps that purposely block shots to up their score, at the expense of players who don't care about score no less but just want to have fun destroying stuff.

It doesn't have to be full blown FF, although I don't discount that option.  Even full blown FF would be lulztastic and require much skill and coordination.  Yes, it would be a disaster in PUGs.  That's why it should be an option.  It's not for everybody.  It's for people who want to push to the limits of coop skill, or laughs among friends.

Also, it's an opportunity to explore possibilities.  Maybe this lead to a solution for players who complain about 4 spam and think the game is too easy, not requiring enough skill.   But, again, I stress option, and exploration of possibilities.  Would like to see a FF tac alert.

But, I would expect this to happen after DE starts to get a grasp on PvP since FF and PvP are related because they're both tenno on tenno damage.

Although, a FF tac alert for laughs couldn't hurt.  Muahahahaha......

Edited by ThePresident777

As I said regarding the idea for a vote-kick button a couple weeks ago, NO. This would immediately be abused. So no, friendly fire does not need to be implemented in this game. It'd be just another tool used to troll other players. This isn't some hardcore game or tactical shooter or simulator.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

You want friendly fire?

Take my advice, play Planetside 2 for about a month and stick to Tech Plants, Amp Stations, and Bio Labs.

You will absolutely despise friendly fire by the end of it. Trust me, we don't need friendly fire in Warframe.

No no no no no, never

Terrible idea, have you even used the internet?

Let me paint you the picture of what would happen: Bam, no more revives after you died to trolls and don't get reved

I remember, a youkai comic. Rhino skin update right? They made it so friendly fire would deplete it, it didn't end well for ANY rhino in the game till it was gone

Making banish damage team mates would take away one of it's tactical options which is to banish a team mate so they are safe for a bit and get energy regen for the duration so yeah, that's a bad idea. As for friendly fire in general as a way to instil some environmental awareness... I don't think it would work. One person with a Penta, even at a reduced damage percentage, would be utterly devastating never mind the potential for trolling. I could see being able to stagger team mates as an option or else wise cause some very minor inconvenience that would deter them standing in front of you but anything that could outright kill them the way friendly fire could is just out of the question.

Ok can we at least have a dueling room in the relay similar to that of the dojo?

(just with no limit to number of "duelists")

Yeah, that'd be great. A whole training room where you don't have to kneel and duel, but where everyone within that room can use weapons and train/fight/duel would be great, just not the entire relays being "friendly fire".

Friendly fire would be hilarious.

This game was not designed around the idea...so it would be hilarious.

It would require a massive re-work of everything.  While I do enjoy the tactical choices friendly fire introduces, I think it would be way too much work to implement it and still keep weapons, combat, and abilities the way they exist now.

not the entire relays being "friendly fire".

That would still be cool, having clans fight for control of the void trader when he appears. 

Better yet, activate friendly fire as soon as the void trader arrives.

Just close your eyes and imagine if this happened every 2 weeks:

Moon clan of frosts around void trader create impenetrable opaque snow globe

Moon clan of mirages all fire prisms at same time while using supra/ogris/penta/angstrum/kohm

One excalibur manages to use his 4....

Relay cleared, 900000000000000000001 affinity

Considering the fact that our powers would also effect our team mates... no.

What if one of our team mates in a o crap moment, and hits one of the warframe ability with a stretch mod? Were literally gonna go all down. The FF concept mainly only works on games that are more simulator based. 

That would still be cool, having clans fight for control of the void trader when he appears. 

Better yet, activate friendly fire as soon as the void trader arrives.

Just close your eyes and imagine if this happened every 2 weeks:

Moon clan of frosts around void trader create impenetrable opaque snow globe

Moon clan of mirages all fire prisms at same time while using supra/ogris/penta/angstrum/kohm

One excalibur manages to use his 4....

Relay cleared, 900000000000000000001 affinity

That doesn't sound cool. At all.

That doesn't sound cool. At all.

Please explain.

This could function as clan wars 2.0, a fix to the old dark sector conflicts that made no sense lore-wise. (we all know the tenno are "just mercenaries, fighting for scraps"-Ruk)

Besides, warframe is way too serious in my opinion. There needs to be something to let players just screw around and have fun.

Please explain.

This could function as clan wars 2.0, a fix to the old dark sector conflicts that made no sense lore-wise. (we all know the tenno are "just mercenaries, fighting for scraps"-Ruk)

Besides, warframe is way too serious in my opinion. There needs to be something to let players just screw around and have fun.

Or, relays could remain the peaceful, non-combat, social area that they currently are, without forcing PVP onto yet another aspect of the game. The relay is a social hub where players can talk, run around, meet with Syndicates, buy things from the trader, and navigate to missions. Let's leave it at that.

Oh, and imo, Warframe isn't serious enough. Between Alad V, Vay Hek, Darvo, Baro Ki'Teer, Maroo, and soon-to-be, Tyl Regor, it's too silly.