Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unwanted Speed Boosts From Volt

DaddySlimer

Not sure if serious.

There are some people who don't want to go even faster in this game?

*scratches head in incomprehension*

But seriously: as a Volt player, being cognizant of such sensibilities, I tend to apply speed only when the team's on a fairly linear running area, not in areas with lots of twists and turns and places where people could fall into oblivion.

Edited by Omnimorph

I can't see Speed ever being anything other than a group buff, as it buffs movement and melee attack speed. Honestly, this is the first I've ever seen anyone complain about Speed making them too fast and unable to control things -- that sounds like a player issue more than anything. If you can't handle it, just walk while it's active instead of sprinting. You'll still move pretty quick.

There should actually be an option to opt out of "player assistance" with maybe a more in-depth menu that would allow you to toggle certain abilities from affecting you. It's not ideal to disable many friendly buff from being put on you, but nobody else should really have control over how you play the game.

absolutely the answer to any situation like this.

as always, the answer between A or B, is yes.

some Players want this, some Players want that. the Games Industry has long ago found out that the answer to every question is usually 'all of the above'.

i would be fond of an optional Menu to opt in / out of Abilities if you're not keen on what they do.

there's no legitimate argument against this, any 'argument' is grasping at straws.

if a Player is not keen on the effects of an Ability from another Tenno, there should be no obligation to it. no matter what the effects are.

Tenno Abilities are already Lore explained of the host Tenno having the capability to selectively choose what is affected by the Ability.

it's the reason why when we cast Damage Abilities, the Spacecraft we're standing in doesn't just explode or disintegrate. or why CC Abilities don't try to slow the entire Planet.

Tenno have control over their Abilities. being able to opt in / out of effects from Allies is more control over our Abilities.

ergo, makes logical sense in Lore.

Edited by taiiat