The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction Related Mods Increased In Effectiveness

DarkRuler2500

Hello Tenno,

as of today there are some mods that increase the total damage dealt with a certain weapon against a certain faction by a certain amount. What am I talking about? These mods here.

baneofcorpusmodu1457paux.pngcleanseinfestedmodu14i3ayg.pngexpelgrineermodu145dwxu5.png

There is a total of twelve mods (shotgun/pistol/rifle/melee for each of the three factions). All of them have Madurai polarity and a cost of 9 points. But: Who is really using these mods? They are useless!

For 9 mod points u can get mods that increase the overall damage against ALL factions, mostly even more effective than those mere 30% the faction related damage mods give us!

So my suggestion: Increase the overall effectiveness of those faction related mods drastically!

Rank 0: 50%

Rank 1: 60%

Rank 2: 70%

Rank 3: 80%

Rank 4: 90%

Rank 5: 100%

With those values the usage of those mods would finally be useful!

Tbh, I have no idea how to use them as is, and with this amount of playtime in game im scared to ask, I'm sure theyre suitable for particular builds, but making them work effectively is something that eludes me, that being said, They seem to be good as is, 100% dmg seems like a bit high of a figure though

Edited by Somedude1000

They actually work plenty fine already. The faction mods add another 30% on top of all the other elements and base damage mods you have on your weapon. In most cases, faction mods provide more DPS than a spare element would.

There's a reason why we have A, B, and C mod Configurations that we can swap between.

Serration + Split Chamber + 3 90% elementals, total damage multiplier: 18.6295

Serration + Split Chamber + 4 90% elementals, total damage multiplier: 23.161

Serration + Split Chamber + 3 90% ele + Bane, total damage multiplier: 24.21835

Additionally, the last combination is more likely to get a good amount of bonus damage from faction-specific elemental damage bonuses and costs fewer mod points.

Anti-faction mods are tricky because Warframe's modding system is multiplicative, and the Anti-faction mods are a conditional multiplier that can be practically guaranteed. The Risk of using the bane mods is that if there is a faction change (see void/derelict sabotage as this is guaranteed) you lose your damage multiplier. If you can't tell if that risk is worth the extra damage do not use these mods, that that I wouldn't mind a slight re-balance to enable players to use on of these if the rest of their kit is not maxed without breaking the mod.

Serration + Split Chamber + 3 90% elementals, total damage multiplier: 18.6295

Serration + Split Chamber + 4 90% elementals, total damage multiplier: 23.161

Serration + Split Chamber + 3 90% ele + Bane, total damage multiplier: 24.21835