Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sound And Identifying Threats

MrNonApplicable

Okay, so the recent sounds tweaks were pretty cool for echo and the like, but I've found myself suprise shot by ballista's than I just can't identify the position of until they've done way too much damage already.

There's no loud crack you'd expect with a sniper firing at close to mid range, so they can take large chunks of your shield and health away before you even know they're the one's doing it. At least that's mine, and others I have spoken to, experience.

Now I'm not sure what could or should be done to amend this issue of mystery deadly damage in terms of sound, but if it is to stay, and see no further revision, could we perhaps get laser sights.

And by this I mean give enemy seekers and ballistas laser sights on their version so that we can have a rough idea of when a hard hitting, long range enemy is looking in our general direction. It also would help us to identify the source of deadly damage quickly, rather than wildly looking about under constant fire trying to identify the source.

Basically I feel we should have some warning and way of countering the really quiet and hard to notice heavy hitters we have among the masses in warframe, as since the audio overhaul I've been killed and hurt fatally many more times by ballistas than in quite some time. I simply cannot react to them in time most times, and it would be nice to be able to counter them without first being hurt by them.

Hope you like my suggestion.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

also have you guys noticed Sobeks... they now have silencers on the grineer... I can fire a sobek and I can hear a loud bang so can the grineer 3 rooms away... but when a grineer fires a sobek right behind me I can't hear jack, I can hear my shields taking impact but thats it.. no clue what is doing it and from where, untill I turn around and there he is.. 3 steps away, with the most silent shotgun EVER