Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Specter Best Loadouts?

cyrus106

Question

I'd like some suggestions on Both Warframe and weapon selection for tenno specters. I tend to craft vapor and force specters, and I find them a lot of fun. The Valkyr specter in particular scales with armor very nicely in high level missions, so she's a nice distraction. However, I can't find much info on them, nor can I find any builds on the wiki OR the forums. Any advice?

(Also, don't tell me not to use them, I use them for fun, I know they arent game-changing but they're just nice to have around).

Few Questions:

-What high status-proc weapons work well on them?

-Best all-around weapon (primary)?

-Best damage (primary)

-Best Warframe selection?(Or is valkyr actually the best for her tankiness?)

-Melee suggestions? Seconaries?

-Is Cosmic specter worth it? Or should I just stock up on Vapor and Forces? I don't know how the level scaling affects their hp, shield, armor, and base damage so it's a tough thing to decide

What I do know:

A specter's level is based on it's type as well as the minimum level of enemies in the mission. Their level influences the base damage of their weapons as well as their armor, health, and shield scaling

Any advice is appreciated!

Edited by cyrus106

20 answers to this question

Making rhino specters, I noticed that they completely ignore mods installed on my rhino. It has very low duration, but when the specter uses rush, it travels far. Fully moded snipetron vandal also deals very low damage.

specters dont use equipped mods

Pyrana might work well. It works well for hostages in rescue missions. But it might require the specter to not have any primaries equipped. But then.. you know shotguns and their damage falloff.

Edited by ddg92

Pyrana might work well. It works well for hostages in rescue missions. But it might require the specter to not have any primaries equipped. But then.. you know shotguns and their damage falloff.

I dont think you can craft a specter without all 3 weapons, can you? They tend to only use secondaries while downed

Edited by cyrus106

I too am looking for more (non dated) factual information.

I also heard Valk is the best (due to armor scaling). I notice they barely use powers, so that is irrelevant...and since they don't use mods, crit weapons for example are not so usefull.

It pains me to say it but high base damage weapons is what you want to give them, so Boltor Prime has been the default to give them for me.

I have not experimented with things like bows, launchers and other things that have charge mechanics or alt fires. I wonder how the Quanta, Pantera, or Shotguns might do since specters seem to have unlimited ammo.

Finally, even though they don't use secondarys that much, anyone know if they could effectively use syndicate weapons and charge the effects?

Vectis or Boltor Prime for damage, Amprex for status (elec procs going off everywhere is half decent CC). 

They rarely use sidearms, but I give them a Castanas for the guaranteed AoE stun.

I don't recall having *ever* seen them melee, so whatever looks cool. I give mine a Magistar :P

Rhino seems to survive the best, especially if it happens to use IS. Ability use is really so rare that it'd be tough to justify choosing a different frame based on that alone.

I recommend to never give a specter a burst fire weapon. I've watched mine unload an entire mag trying to kill an enemy who is behind cover and the specter's rounds are ricocheting off of everything around the  enemy. This was realized after testing the sybaris, tiberon, and burston prime. Out of the three, the sybaris was used best, but still doesn't compare to just giving a specter an automatic.

One weapon that's worked well for me is the gorgon wraith. While this firearm is crap for accuracy, it allows a rhino specter to become a grineer heavy gunner and mow down shield-dependent and fleshy enemies. It's of course largely useless against heavily armored grineer. Too I've had good results with the boar prime, surprisingly. The high status proc allows the specter to impede enemies' progress towards a defense target. Also, the high dps allows the weapon to be really good in close range against anything that is not heavily armored.

On the matter of melee weapons, I've actually seen my specters pull out their melee weapon when an enemy is too close for their comfort and cut the enemy down. Thus, I tend to give specters puncture and high slash damage weapons.