The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Mods From Pluto Spy Missions

Xiusa

is it on a timer aswell? done 10 completely silent runs in a row with 100% on all the terminals but havent gotten a rare mod. started out by getting rime rounds and then scattering and now i'm getting nothing on Rosalind.

It's not a guaranteed drop, just like how a specific prime part is not a guaranteed drop from the Void.

The rewards are pulled from a pool of mods/rewards. There's a chance you can get A, but you might get B or C, etc.

Such is RNG.

is it on a timer aswell? done 10 completely silent runs in a row with 100% on all the terminals but havent gotten a rare mod. started out by getting rime rounds and then scattering and now i'm getting nothing on Rosalind.

Rewards vary by mission. Higher level ones usually play out with more rares, but not necessarily good ones. As usual lots of rng as to what you actually get from any given run.

Edit; Tenno'd by a Doge

Edited by Hedrax

ok, we've established it's not a bug, a banana, a lawn chair, a small monkey, or whatever else, so we are all in agreement on that, and there's no need of further discussion on that matter  -- what some of us are asking is if it's actually been stated to be permanent.

apparently, the answer to that question is no.

if you do pluto you'll get a lot more rare mods, but status ones aren't guaranteed.

I've gotten quite a few termite rounds, steady hands, and powah throws

Don't forget Rebecca's "Hooray!" in response to people finding it.

I let my writing speak for itself in that regard, along with my lack of punctuating every single word except for the one at the start of the sentence, proper nouns and the pronoun "i" for referring to myself.

my phone was made in a non-english speaking country

Means it's an intended, permanent thing. Otherwise Rebecca would have said "Whoops! That wasn't supposed to be in there." and would have moved it to PC Beta Bugs (where it was initially posted).

Worrying that it's temporary is worrying over nothing. Stop being such a downer and let people enjoy the fact that they now have a place to get event mods, something that players have been asking to have since the respective events ended.

Spy 2.0 is a permanent addition to the mission type repertoire, as is its reward tables.

Look, Letter13. We know it's not a bug, it's intended. And of course we're all really happy to be able to get them all now.

Those of us asking if it's permanent is wondering if it's meant to be a limited-time thing, because the first guy who found one of the mods did so after the Valentine Day patch. I guess some of us assume the mods and other rewards from Spy 2.0 was added with that patch, and was not implemented when Spy 2.0 came along. I assumed this, because before the latest patch I've played the Pluto Spy 2.0 mission perfectly a few dozens times and I didn't get any Void keys or event mods, not even credit caches.

If the reward tables are actually the intended reward table for Spy 2.0 missions from the start(when the missions themselves were implemented), then I guess you're right, it's here to stay until DE say otherwise.

I know you're trying to help clarify this issue, and thanks for doing that. Though a clarification from DE themselves(aside from Rebecca's hooray) about the permanency, not the intended-ness, would've been nice, too. :)

Edited by haolee510

Look, Letter13. We know it's not a bug, it's intended. And of course we're all really happy to be able to get them all now.

Those of us asking if it's permanent is wondering if it's meant to be a limited-time thing, because the first guy who found one of the mods did so after the Valentine Day patch. I guess some of us assume the mods and other rewards from Spy 2.0 was added with that patch, and was not implemented when Spy 2.0 came along. I assumed this, because before the latest patch I've played the Pluto Spy 2.0 mission perfectly a few dozens times and I didn't get any Void keys or event mods, not even credit chaces.

If the reward tables are actually the intended reward table for Spy 2.0 missions from the start(when the missions themselves were implemented), then I guess you're right, it's here to stay until DE say otherwise.

I know you're trying to help clarify this issue, and thanks for doing that. Though a clarification from DE themselves(aside from Rebecca's hooray) about the permanency, not the intended-ness, would've been nice, too. :)

this is actually some interesting and relevant info -- thx for that

makes me think it's temp

this is actually some interesting and relevant info -- thx for that

makes me think it's temp

I know, I'm not trying to start a rumor and irritate anyone here. It's just I personally have been running those Spy missions before the latest hotfix, and I can confirm there was no rewards except for stuff you pick up in the mission.

But it could be a late addition and still be permanent.

I know, I'm not trying to start a rumor

But this is exactly what you just did. You're fueling the rumor mill.

Anyway, I'm done explaining. If people want to continue being paranoid and keep fear mongering over a silly and baseless rumor that's your prerogative.

I know, I'm not trying to start a rumor and irritate anyone here. It's just I personally have been running those Spy missions before the latest hotfix, and I can confirm there was no rewards except for stuff you pick up in the mission.

But it could be a late addition and still be permanent.

The info given to us by both Rebecca and Letter13 suggest that this is an intended feature and that it's not something that is limited-time.

Yes, there's always a chance that it will get removed at some point for some undoubtedly important reason (though by my guess, it'd likely be for the sake of moving it to the drop table of another VoidVor-esque encounter if they wish to continue that theme). But then again, a lot in this game is subject to change at any given moment. Just keep in mind that the devs choose to be fair when it comes to the removal of content, and would likely give advanced notice if it were to be removed in the near future (for example: machete, ether dagger, boar, shock-status event mods, etc).

Edited by Nitresco

The info given to us by both Rebecca and Letter13 suggest that this is an intended feature and that it's not something that is limited-time.

I actually agree with that now. I'm not trying to argue that "I'm right!", I was just trying to explain my reasoning. Sadly Letter13 took it as me trying to make a rumor and start a paranoia.

Anyway, I'm done explaining. If people want to continue being paranoid and keep fear mongering over a silly and baseless rumor that's your prerogative.

how is what he said any more 'rumormongering' than telling people it's permanent so they end up missing out if it ends after the weekend?

all we're asking for is a definitive statement -- how is that 'fueling a rumor'?

Again, we're not trying to start a rumor. It's almost like you're ignoring our reasoning.

I've played the Pluto Spy 2.0 mission perfectly a few dozens times and I didn't get any Void keys or event mods, not even credit caches.

I can confirm that all three are still dropping. I haven't seen credit caches today, but just now I got a couple T2sab keys and a Thermite Rounds from Pluto.

I can confirm that all three are still dropping. I haven't seen credit caches today, but just now I got a couple T2sab keys and a Thermite Rounds from Pluto.

No, it's dropping now. I said that it didn't start to drop until the latest hotfix.

Edited by haolee510

I can also confirm that Scattering Inferno drops on Rosalind, Uranus. Also, in one of the runs, got there a T4 Sabotage key. I played the mission maybe 5 times only, guess RNGesus blessed me.

2015_02_15_00001.jpg

EDIT: I have a screenshot for Scattering Inferno but can't seem to find the option to add pictures. I would be glad if someone could explain that to me.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I googled a bit and found out how I can add them.

Edited by Mathstudent

I can also confirm that Scattering Inferno drops on Rosalind, Uranus. Also, in one of the runs, got there a T4 Sabotage key. I played the mission maybe 5 times only, guess RNGesus blessed me.

EDIT: I have a screenshot for Scattering Inferno but can't seem to find the option to add pictures. I would be glad if someone could explain that to me.

You can upload the image on imgur, then copy and paste the resulting BB link code from the upload to your post.

I can confirm this too, I did get Scattering Inferno from Rosalind, Uranus.

I can't wait for Spy 2.0 to come to consoles.  I could use a second set of event mods for my sentinels and I have several clanmates that missed out or were not playing yet.  Awesome news!

EDIT:  So I saw both yes and no in the thread.....Are the Tethra mods included in this?  I was at work nearly the entire mutalist event so I didn't get to snag any of those.  I had a friend quit playing that gave me a near complete set but I still need the shotgun mod.  Thanks!

Edited by (PS4)jwernecke